2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

David

I went to see St Pats Athletic beat Sligo 3 nil about 2 months ago as part of a Dublin stag do. Sligo were atrocious so I would be very worried if we didnt beat them soundly.

As an aside, St Pats had a very handy attacking midfielder called chris Forrester who we all thought could handle a higher level and would be good in the SPL.

quite torn by the Sligo announcement,

seeing no evidence that we are anywhere near a squad or close to having a strong unit for a starting 11, so cant fathom taking 4 days out pre-season training for one bounce game.

can understand that team bonding etc could be benefits, but I'm still yearning for a pre-season that has us ready like McGhees introduction.

can see past anything else thats arranged , as I'm not encouraged we're ready to pay to see,

but if i wasnt tied up at work, I'd have been over to Sligo for a tour

quite torn by the Sligo announcement,

seeing no evidence that we are anywhere near a squad or close to having a strong unit for a starting 11, so cant fathom taking 4 days out pre-season training for one bounce game.

can understand that team bonding etc could be benefits, but I'm still yearning for a pre-season that has us ready like McGhees introduction.

can see past anything else thats arranged , as I'm not encouraged we're ready to pay to see,

but if i wasnt tied up at work, I'd have been over to Sligo for a tour

So to sum up you think we are struggling to put a squad together, you think 4 days out to travel to Ireland would disrupt our pre-seaon by playing a diddy team, but given the chance you would go and watch the game..its good to see fans taking a principled stance these days.

o

I don't see the link. You are allowed to go to games even if you think the team aren't as good as they might be or aren't as prepared as they could be.

Going to games even though you think we may be poor is not being unprincipled. It's just being a supporter.

I don't see the link. You are allowed to go to games even if you think the team aren't as good as they might be or aren't as prepared as they could be.

Going to games even though you think we may be poor is not being unprincipled. It's just being a supporter.

correct

we all wen't to iceland

So to sum up you think we are struggling to put a squad together, you think 4 days out to travel to Ireland would disrupt our pre-seaon by playing a diddy team, but given the chance you would go and watch the game..its good to see fans taking a principled stance these days.

o

wow, an opportunity to misinterpret a post and take a dig at someone , and you take it, there's a shock

you totally ignore my comment that "i'm torn by" it, indicating its an emotion, something football draws on for many people.

so yes it's my opinion that 4 days out at this stage for one game is not ideal planning, given my comments on where we are, and my recollection of fitness etc of years past, nothing to do with the opposition, i go to see Motherwell FC, not the other team.

and you are throwing about the term diddy team not me.

Guess I look a the whole event, nice to take in as many games as possible, but for many there are choices to be made,

visiting Livingston yet again as as venue, doesnt hold much draw, the team is a bit ramshackle (still hope today brings them together) I've said I dont feel it's a fair price, so there ends the decision, a trip to Sligo offers something different and a completely new experience for me anyway, I mentioned a wee tour, something again in addition to the 90mins, so a totally different consideration in my eyes.

Boss needs to get the team moving and playing together, so I'm fine with him sorting through pre-season as it is, seems this one is thrown together, maybe a hangover from the relegation threat, I don't know, just my thought, I'll still want us to win, and will be hanging on for info' as to how things have went

Would love to see Watt tie down that right back position this season, think he's an excellent young talent!!

Anyone know how Moore played today? I just don't see it with the boy, I really hope i'm proved wrong but he's a bit of a McHugh for me at the moment.

• Like 1

Would love to see Watt tie down that right back position this season, think he's an excellent young talent!!

Anyone know how Moore played today? I just don't see it with the boy, I really hope i'm proved wrong but he's a bit of a McHugh for me at the moment.

Moore was ok, showed some flashes but too often waited for the ball to come to him.

• Like 1

Nice to see the team in action again, get a win and score a couple of goals.

Still quite clear that players are at different levels of readiness for the new season. Some will definitely benefit from the additional friendly that's been arranged on today's evidence.

We arrived a few minutes late but fortunately didn't miss anything. I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw in the opening forty five minutes though Pearson bossed the middle of the park and Kennedy looked pretty good, an iffy passback aside.

A good bit better in the second half. We seemed to be a lot more direct which brought Ainsworth into play a lot more. There was a definite improvement in the forward line with Clarkson and Moult replacing Moore and Fletcher which also helped. Two well taken goals and there could have been others which was a bit more encouraging.

A wee worry when Kennedy went down but he recovered and played another 5-10 minutes before sensibly being replaced.

Perhaps, Moult's finishing was off but I'd say even on the half an hour or so he got today he looks the best fit - or most Erwin like if you want to put it that way - of our four strikers, into the formation we used last season under Baraclough.

Moore I wasn't really impressed with at all in all honesty, Clarky to me still looks like there's a bit to go fitness witness, Fletcher is of a slightly similar style but I liked what I saw of Moult even if his finishing might have been a little better.

There was a willingness to come very deep, an ability to link up play and he's obviously scored goals in the past. I think there's a pretty good player in there.