2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

David

I think a tenner has been the level MFC have set prices at for a few seasons now for friendlies. I'm comfortable enough with that as there will still be costs incurred in hosting games.

I tend to agree anything more than that is taking the piss a bit but since its Livi's home game on Saturday I don't imagine we have any say in that whatsoever.

I've tweeted the club to ask... no response yet.

Edit: when we last played Bradford in preseason I'm sure it was under McGhee; did we not have two trialists playing; big centre half and a winger?

I recall the winger ended up asking for £10k/week in wages or something ridiculous; can anyone remember their names? (Just out of curiosity!)

Edit: when we last played Bradford in preseason I'm sure it was under McGhee; did we not have two trialists playing; big centre half and a winger?

I recall the winger ended up asking for £10k/week in wages or something ridiculous; can anyone remember their names? (Just out of curiosity!)

From the Daily Record report of the game (I feel dirty).....

Well started against the Coca-Cola League Two side with a familiar line-up but had four trialists on the sidelines.

Included amongst a nine-man subs bench were former Celtic midfielder Jim O'Brien, Gambian international Seyfo Soley, ex-Royal Antwerp striker Suleymane Mamam and former Preston North End keeper Phil Imley.

Snippet from the Daily Record report of that game...

"Well started against the Coca-Cola League Two side with a familiar line-up but had four trialists on the sidelines.

Included amongst a nine-man subs bench were former Celtic midfielder Jim O'Brien, Gambian international Seyfo Soley, ex-Royal Antwerp striker Suleymane Mamam and former Preston North End keeper Phil Imley"

I'm a bit concerned by our lack of goals so far this pre-season. I realise it's still early days but having signed three strikers I would've hoped that they may have contributed by now. Still around 3 weeks until the start of the season so plenty time to get off the mark but it sounded, from Twitter at least, that we were on top first half and couldn't put the ball in the net.

EDIT: 2-0 now.