YEP Digital

I think that another year or two with us then a move down South would be best. He's still got a long way to go.

I would agree with that. he's only really played half a season of first team football. I'd be willing to bet his first team appearances will be rare for the next two years.

Would have though he'd have been better with another couple of years almost guaranteed first team football before moving to a place here he's still going to get to play regularly. Can appreciate though, that the zeros in the big number on the contract would cloud our judgement

Can understand why we think another couple of seasons here would do him good. However if you look at it from Lee's point of view, he might think the opportunity may not come up again - he's had injuries before and might be worried that if something happened again the chance to move up a level woudl be gone. A gamble either way and you can't knock him.

At least it looks like we get some money.

I'm not all that bothered if he stays or he goes. Yes has a lot of potential but he has only been starting games since baraclough came in. He has had some good games and scored a few goals but he's also had some stinkers too! He may turn out to be a top player or he may get another bad injury, who knows.

So I think the reported £300-500k we are due is a decent return for a player who has only a handful of starts for us.

• Like 1

Always a quandary for young players, stay and develop- or go and develop.

On balance I think it's maybe best for Lee and the club for him to go. Leeds are not the legendary club of old, he has a great chance to establish himself quickly there. Cash from his move will ease matters considerably as we rebuild a squad.

Not cashing in could backfire, he's only really been a regular for 3-4 months and his first full season would see him a marked man ( big Mohsni has already marked him!)

I wish him all the best either way...

A bit disappointed to be honest, not that we are losing someone who has been superb, but that we are losing someone who has shown real development in the last 6 months. Compare his end of season performances with those when he first started getting regular first team games and you can see the progress the lad has made.

I reckon another 6 months to a year playing for us would see his worth increase dramatically.

Regardless, he helped us stay up so all the best Lee.

I think it's far too soon for the boy to be moving on. He's still very raw and needed the old head of a Skippy to keep him on the right track. He'd have been much better off with first team football for another season at least.

Add to that that the current Leeds ownership is pretty sketchy and there will likely be a new manager in there 6 months from now who might not take a shine to Erwin, and it's a big risk.

Also, as I mentioned in other threads, disappointed he bolts at the first opportunity after we stood by him through 2 long term injuries.

But, we'll take the money, move on and see if he's one of those rare early transfers that makes a name for themselves.

• Like 1

Why would he develop better by playing against brutes like St Mirren and Kilmarnock as opposed to moving to an English Championship team, working alongside better coaches and strikers and playing in a higher quality of league?

From his point of view, after a couple of big injuries I wouldn't risk waiting on a more lucrative move. Also, he went from being a fringe player to looking like a world beater against rangers, so his stock isn't going to get much higher. I thought he could do better than Leeds, but they're a feeder club in their own right so hopefully he finds his way to a Cardiff or west brom.

disappointed erwin is away as i was hoping we could have got another season out him and then sold him for good money next summer,i wish him nothing but the best as he definately played his part in keeping us up.

Really disappointing to lose an exciting prospect after only having him in the first team for 1 season. Would undoubtably been better for his own development if he had stayed at Motherwell and I also don't think he's the type of player Leeds need to get out the Championship.

Hope for his sake he doesn't become yet another Scottish player to choose the big move too soon and end up back in Scotland in a few years playing against us.

I find myself rolling my eyes yet again at the comments of many on here when a player moves on. Seen it with Nicky Law, Mark Reynolds, Jamie Murphy etc.

Yes it would have been good to keep him, yes his development could have continued here, but nothing I've seen so far to suggest that won't continue to happen in Yorkshire.

He's been approached by a club who despite being out the top league for +10 years now, still command crowds of over 30,000. His salary will no doubt go up and undoubtedly going to play and train at a higher level. All footballers aspire to play on a higher stage for more financial reward, fans need to get over thinking that they'd stay somewhere for an easy life or any sort of loyalty as they may do themselves.

Some on here would have him stay here, merit to that of course but with every possibility he could get injured on a wet Tuesday night in Dingwall and have the career plateau and any future moves fall through. I for one have no issue with him taking an opportunity with offered at present and going for it, better the guarantee just now than the hope in a few years time.

The best deal we could have ever hoped for was him being loaned back to us, but I certainly feel he has the tools and physicality to compete down there from the start.

• Like 3

Why would he develop better by playing against brutes like St Mirren and Kilmarnock as opposed to moving to an English Championship team, working alongside better coaches and strikers and playing in a higher quality of league?

Well he won't be playing against St Mirren, but he will develop from playing first team football as opposed to sitting on the bench or playing-non competitive reserve matches. That's why we'd rather have our youngsters play competitive games for Alloa than U20 games.

I find myself rolling my eyes yet again at the comments of many on here when a player moves on. Seen it with Nicky Law, Mark Reynolds, Jamie Murphy etc.

Yes it would have been good to keep him, yes his development could have continued here, but nothing I've seen so far to suggest that won't continue to happen in Yorkshire.

It's not that it won't happen. It's that it will more likely be slower and higher risk.