YEP Digital

Another good player leaving Motherwell early for peanut's.

I'd love to know what the club could have done to avoid this. McCall decided not to extend his contract last summer, that would have been the opportune moment and with hindsight he would have probably went for it.

He then features in a couple of games until Baraclough comes in and uses him a lot more which raised his profile and probably brought him onto the radar of a few big clubs.

He was offered a deal (no doubt around the time of Dom Thomas and Watt) and declined it, no doubt because he was aware there was significant interest. Why re-sign for us when any potential purchaser would then have to use some of what he'd get in salary and have to use that towards a transfer fee.

To listen to many on here we would have had Lawless, Forbes, Carswell, etc. signed up on 7 year deals, where would we be now if that was the case?

Difference is this is the first summer in a long time we've had an engaged owner which an eye on the long term picture. I suspect that this will be the last we read of for a while on here. Marvin Johnson's option needs taken up immediately, ideally extended.

• Like 1

I'd love to know what the club could have done to avoid this. McCall decided not to extend his contract last summer, that would have been the opportune moment and with hindsight he would have probably went for it.

He then features in a couple of games until Baraclough comes in and uses him a lot more which raised his profile and probably brought him onto the radar of a few big clubs.

He was offered a deal (no doubt around the time of Dom Thomas and Watt) and declined it, no doubt because he was aware there was significant interest. Why re-sign for us when any potential purchaser would then have to use some of what he'd get in salary and have to use that towards a transfer fee.

To listen to many on here we would have had Lawless, Forbes, Carswell, etc. signed up on 7 year deals, where would we be now if that was the case?

Difference is this is the first summer in a long time we've had an engaged owner which an eye on the long term picture. I suspect that this will be the last we read of for a while on here. Marvin Johnson's option needs taken up immediately, ideally extended.

I would agree with all of that.

Yes but its still another good player leaving us when he's run down his contract ,a decent development fee yes ,but we've got to as a selling

club be looking for more than that from s player who has been at the club 10 years. We develop a player for 10 years get 6 good months out of him help him through two serious injuries and then get £500,000 .

Yes but its still another good player leaving us when he's run down his contract ,a decent development fee yes ,but we've got to as a selling

club be looking for more than that from s player who has been at the club 10 years. We develop a player for 10 years get 6 good months out of him help him through two serious injuries and then get £500,000 .

He's a player that until this season could easily have gone the way of Bob McHugh. He did a job for us, but not consistently and needs a lot of refinement before he can be considered a finished article. I would have much preferred he stayed, but he wasn't worth breaking the bank for at this stage. £380k for a player who's only really asserted himself for six months isn't a bad return.

• Like 1

Great move for the boys agent. Nice wee windfall plus after 2 years of reserve football he will still only be 22/23 and can move back up the road to restart his career

O Ye of little faith, I think he's got every chance of becoming a better and better player. Try watching the (endless) League One show highlights on Sat nights then tell me he's not capable of shining in amongst that lot...

We need to up our game in terms of transfer revenue, but as it is Lees money is as good as we've done on the last few seasons. Secret is to build on it

Great move for him cash wise... football wise I'm no so sure but has a good role model of a striker now supporting him.

Pretty gutted to lose him though as feel he could potentially stayed another year and kicked right on. Might just be a move too soon, also after standing bye him through some injuries you could hope rather than expect some loyalty, although I am aware no room for sentimentality when the cash is talking....

Good luck big fella. Kick on the way he is going and a Scotland cap could be his in 2 or 3 years.

He's not really been involved enough to miss him properly and the money will be handy for rebuilding the squad.

On the other hand he has massive potential and the fact he didn't show more here is down to McCall. Wind back to May 2013 and we are at Perth with a big crowd and a team going through the motions. McCall has one sub left and Erwin and Omar Daley warming up. He sticks on Daley which sums him up. Erwin doesn't make his debut for another 15 months.

Good luck to him, if he has any sense he'll spend the rest of the summer practicing heading high balls.

Lee Erwin is going to be 22 next season. He might not have 70 or 80 games under his belt but he's no kid. I've said it before but the older a player gets, the less potential they have, the less appeal they have to buying clubs.

Any good young players we bring through should probably be getting moved on around the 21 - 22 age limit if there are buyers out there.

He's not really been involved enough to miss him properly and the money will be handy for rebuilding the squad.

On the other hand he has massive potential and the fact he didn't show more here is down to McCall. Wind back to May 2013 and we are at Perth with a big crowd and a team going through the motions. McCall has one sub left and Erwin and Omar Daley warming up. He sticks on Daley which sums him up. Erwin doesn't make his debut for another 15 months.

Good luck to him, if he has any sense he'll spend the rest of the summer practicing heading high balls.

totally agree with that i doubt we would have seen much of erwin this season had mccall remained in charge,we've been unlucky that erwin hit form just as his contract was coming to an end but the fact that the likes of mchugh got a new deal and nothing came erwin's way was yet another balls up by mccall.

Always had a soft spot for Lee since he started making an impression in the youth teams and his talent was obvious. I think he would have benefited from at least another half season in Scotland. However, when you consider the amount of time he has lost to injury, you can't blame him for taking the opportunity.

Wish him all the best at Leeds and if he settles down South and fulfills his potential, I'll hopefully get to cheer him on in a Scotland jersey.