YEP Digital

How will we replace all his goals? Oh wait...

Glad he has got his move and hope it works out well for him but don't feel he'll be a huge miss for us

your opinion is yours to have but where are we going to get someone like him?. all this crap about him not being finished article ha fkn ha if he was hed be messi.

best of luck lee and I hope you smash it down there.

the boy has got it.

Find it strange that people are saying won't be hard to replace.

For me he was a big part of staying up.

As for McDonald helping him, very true but as others have said he'll be playing with much better players at Leeds.

Making much more money.

Made us a bit of money.

& hopefully he'll do well down there. Certainly for me got a chance of making it if he continues to develop

I was always frustrated with Erwins play, couldn't win the ball in the air, struggled to get on the end of a cross in the box and missed loads of chances other strikers would have buried however he'd run his guts out and was a really threat when he was playing out wide and running at defenders.

he did get better the more he played and I am sure he would he grown as a player if he'd stayed at with the Well as Barraclough clearly had him a first pick.

I don't think Leeds will give him half the games he would have got for the Well and he could end up struggling even to get a place on the bench like so many young players who move to bigger clubs from a promising start at Fir Park.

I wish him well

I still think his intelligence will hold him back from ever reaching the heights of the Premier League or international football, which is a shame as all his raw attributes are pretty much second to none at this level. Don't get me wrong, he'll go on to have a decent career I'm sure and be a fantastic player, but not quite as good as he should be.

1 - Good money for us.

2 - At least it's not OF.

3 - Crap club to join, as it's a basketcase and he'll be reserve at best and ditched as they get a new manager in December.

4 - Needs more first team football to truly progress.

5 - Disappointed after we stuck by him after injuries, but realistic enough to know that's business.

6 - Bugger it. Did us the job that needed done and I hope he carves out a fucking sterling career for himself

• Like 1

Just checked out the guidance on calculation of development fees. In short its impossible for the layman to work out figures. We've seen figures of between £200 and £500k mentioned in the media. My hunch is at the lower end somewhere between £200k and £300k. We'll probably never know.

Just to put it in to perspective. Lee spent 9 years here, playing for the national team at every age group and we might get £500k tops.

Danny Ings left Bournemouth and has had 1-2 decent seasons for Burnley in 4 years, they will get £9m in compo for a player they didn't produce. Excellent.

• Like 1

Actual costs incurred seem to be a major feature of the calculation including the number of trainees on a club's books. I also think years before the age of 16 are counted at a lesser rate. All very complicated. If someone can post up an accurate calculation then good luck to them!

I know it's taking someone else's word for it but the fee quoted on Twitter by one of the Agent/In The Know types was £380k.

Seemed quite definite about it.

No idea if that's before, or after, any taxes.

Just to put it in to perspective. Lee spent 9 years here, playing for the national team at every age group and we might get £500k tops.

Danny Ings left Bournemouth and has had 1-2 decent seasons for Burnley in 4 years, they will get £9m in compo for a player they didn't produce. Excellent.

I'd never argue that the difference in money swishing around English leagues isn't both slightly galling and obscene but whatever case can be made for compensation that is a player producing the goods in the Championship and Premier League, both generally considered a step up from the SPL. Lee Erwin has barely established himself in the worst Motherwell team most of us here have ever had to weatch, if the compensation is £500k it seems generous. Which is why I suspect most people are taking him leaving in their stride, if that had been a player who'd made a McFadden type impact we'd be spewing.

He's not really been involved enough to miss him properly and the money will be handy for rebuilding the squad.

On the other hand he has massive potential and the fact he didn't show more here is down to McCall. Wind back to May 2013 and we are at Perth with a big crowd and a team going through the motions. McCall has one sub left and Erwin and Omar Daley warming up. He sticks on Daley which sums him up. Erwin doesn't make his debut for another 15 months.

Good luck to him, if he has any sense he'll spend the rest of the summer practicing heading high balls.

How do you remember stuff like that!

But revenue from his move to fund new players would be something you do care about surely?

Definitely... but I want to concentrate on who we are getting to replace him. He has gone...We will get whatever compensation we are due so I wish him the best but I have put his transfer behind me and want to look to the future as he is surely doing. I would rather speculate on do we have youth players who are as exciting and are next on the conveyer belt. I just don't have any interest once they are gone.

• Like 1