Expectations For Season 2015/16

David

Expectations for season 2015/16  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you expect to finish in the league?

• Challenging for 2nd place
    • In the top four
    • In the top six
    • In the top ten
    • Eleventh again
    • Relegated
  2. 2. What do you expect from our Scottish cup run this season?

• Out at the first hurdle (4th round)
    • 5th round
    • Quarter-finals at best
    • Semi-finals at best
    • Finalists
    • Winners of silverware!
  3. 3. What do you expect from our league cup run this season?

• Out in the 2nd round
    • 3rd round at best
    • Quarter finals at best
    • semi-finals at best
    • Finalists
    • Winners of silverware!

I'm hoping to be in the latter but expecting to be in the bara out camp by mid season.A couple of big wins against 2 of the least on form sides in the league and the 2 Rangers games apart it's fair to say he's been shite so far.I'm happy enough to start the season with him but a poor run at the start is to be expected and i'm not convinced that he'll turn it round if we're near the bottom after that tricky run of games.

How about don't be in either of them, and just see how the season pans out as a whole? I think it's reasonable to say we won't spend the whole season in either 1st or 12th, so as long as the up's and down's stay in the middle bit, let's just see how it goes without such short-term, week-to-week thinking.

it's fair to say he's been shite so far

I don't think that's fair to say at all. In fact, I think it's unfair to the point of just being wrong. There's a huge difference between being shite, and shite things happening. The former is something that would be a concern, the latter is something that happens occasionally when you are trying to make big changes that take work and patience.

• Like 5

It's difficult to make predictions at this time as one signing or one player leaving can make a big difference in a league where there isn't really a lot between most of the teams and margins are small.

However I'd be surprised if Motherwell make the Top 6 this season. We might have cuffed Rangers but I think that fact may be obscuring the real facts about our performances last season. They weren't very good for long spells including under Baraclough.

We seem to be signing players for non league football in England and while I fully acknowledge there may be good players down there I do think that it is a risk as in my mind it is quite a big step up to the Scottish Premiership. We will need these players to make the jump or we could struggle for goals, as two of them are strikers.

Right now I think we have a decent enough first 11 but we are struggling squad wise and heavily reliant in young players to step in if there are injuries or suspensions.

I'd expect Celtic, Aberdeen, Inverness, St. Johnstone to make the Top 6 leaving only 2 spots for the rest of the league and I'm doubtful if we will be one of them.

Right now, I just hope we improve on last seasons performances and a 7th or 8th placing clear of the relegation zone would not be the end of the world.

I'd expect Celtic, Aberdeen, Inverness, St. Johnstone to make the Top 6 leaving only 2 spots for the rest of the league and I'm doubtful if we will be one of them.

Right now, I just hope we improve on last seasons performances and a 7th or 8th placing clear of the relegation zone would not be the end of the world.

I expect Inverness to struggle this season, they have lost a few of their more influential players and they will now have the expectations from an outstanding season last year, wouldn't be surprised to see them in battle to avoid playoff spot at end of season.

Apart from Celtic the difference between the rest of the league is minimal and anyone can beat anyone else. Saying that I expect Accies to be marooned at the bottom of league and Motherwell to finish mid table.

• Like 1

Going by only gut feeling i am very optimistic about this season. Just has me right excited, the club is pulling together, making the right noises in terms of getting players tied down on longer contracts so we dont have a squad of boys here that only have a few months left (see last season) on their contracts not giving a fuck about our future.

There is obviously a lot more signings coming in due course, i would love to see Skippy back here as he is the standard for any team to look up too in terms of work rate & being a model pro.

Im predicting top 6 with a good cup run.

Plus those strips are too sexy not to have a good season, absolutely top drawer.

Another thing that has to be considered is the other clubs transfer activity. So far I think Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee and Hearts have recruited very well and that will have a direct bearing on our league performance. All other teams have added new players, some of known abilities, others from the complete unknown like us.

Think all four of the teams mentioned will be pushing for and fancying a top 6 finish. St. Johnstone, Inverness and Dundee United will be hoping to retain their top 6 spot, so it will be very, very tough.

Being well clear of relegation is the top priority. I think on the strength of the last few months we should be equipped to do that. Anything else is a bonus.

As a side note, finishing above Hamilton will be nice and I think they favorites for the drop this year.

Another thing that has to be considered is the other clubs transfer activity. So far I think Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee and Hearts have recruited very well and that will have a direct bearing on our league performance. All other teams have added new players, some of known abilities, others from the complete unknown like us.

Think all four of the teams mentioned will be pushing for and fancying a top 6 finish. St. Johnstone, Inverness and Dundee United will be hoping to retain their top 6 spot, so it will be very, very tough.

Being well clear of relegation is the top priority. I think on the strength of the last few months we should be equipped to do that. Anything else is a bonus.

As a side note, finishing above Hamilton will be nice and I think they favorites for the drop this year.

I actually think Kilmarnock's recruiting has been poor. The kind of recruiting Stuart McCall was slated for two summers ago. Lazy signings that any manager could have made. A keeper they didn't need, a striker that looked well out of sorts last season, a left back that's been playing left midfield and getting slated by his own fans and a guy from a rival who had free rein to do as he pleased as he was clearly their best player (will be track back?).

I expect them to be dreadful but still have enough to finish above Ross County and Hamilton Accies, maybe even Partick Thistle...

Refreshing to see/hear. Its all very well being realistic about our aspirations. But why are we football fans if not to dream. Pass me my happy clapper t-shirt now.....

Great to hear we are setting our targets higher this year instead of being negative as a club with the likes of the punching above our weight comments. Although we have in the league in recent years before last season we should be aiming to win one of the Domestic cups like St Johnstone, St Mirren, ICT etc. Looking forward to what could be a good year.

I actually think Kilmarnock's recruiting has been poor. The kind of recruiting Stuart McCall was slated for two summers ago. Lazy signings that any manager could have made. A keeper they didn't need, a striker that looked well out of sorts last season, a left back that's been playing left midfield and getting slated by his own fans and a guy from a rival who had free rein to do as he pleased as he was clearly their best player (will be track back?).

I expect them to be dreadful but still have enough to finish above Ross County and Hamilton Accies, maybe even Partick Thistle...

Obedeyi and Higginbotham wide, Scott Robertson, Jamie Hamill and Craig Slater in the middle. Looks pretty decent to me.

Mark Connolly would walk into our back four no problem and they have two goalkeepers who are arguable as good if not better than anyone we have. I think Greg Kiltie will step up this season, I quite like what I've seen of him. And Kris Boyd will score 15 goals next term.

The biggest question mark for me about Kilmarnock is, is Gary Locke a good enough manager?

Gary Locke seems like a bit of a fanny. Always does his top button up on his shirt which annoys the fuck out if me.

Enjoys getting pished on, tae.

#garylockefacts

Sorry, I have a terrible feeling about this year. I just feel that we will struggle again. 11th or relegated. Weak midfield relying on Las AGAIN, Mick being indifferent and an unproven strike force in Scottish football with no real plan B.

Care for a wee top up Suprawell? Your glass appears to be half full.

I know it's been a major rebuild but I'm way more optimistic. Clear out was much needed, McCall was fantastic but just tried to milk a season too many out of a squad which then had a shocking run of injuries.

New structure, new transfer policy, new fitness and conditioning set up- signings geared to going forward and offering an attacking threat- I don't share your pessimism at all. Bring it on Season 2015/2016.

• Like 1

agreed we must do better in the cups

as for the league

a lot of the dead wood has been cleaned out of the squad and so far the new singings look good

if they gel as a team then I hopeful of a top 6 finish, if they don't we'll struggle through an other season

I tend sway on the side of being a happy clapper but I'm trying to limit expectations just now because it wouldn't surprise me if we are as gash as we were last season. Looking beyond the high's of the play-off's, we went into multiple 'must-win' games with a strong team and absolutely failed to show up. Our new superstars Marvin, Ainsworth and Pearson (granted, he was carrying knocks) were rotten in large parts of that run and I'm sure are more than capable of the same next season. Most questioned Baraclough's man management and attributed any good performance to Skippy and Pearson pulling the strings. Yep, we've added a few who are performing well at their level, but as many have found to their surprise - and I include Baraclough in this - the top flight of Scottish football is a tough league to compete in.

I do like Baraclough's vision though. His attitude to fitness and conditioning is great and can give players that edge and he played a blinder in the play-offs. It's his ability to truly inspire and motivate that I'm not convinced of. On arrival he talked a very good game, however I often listen to him now thinking he's trotting out the Baraclough party line (positivity, positivity, positivity). I wonder how that comes across in the dressing room, particularly among the more senior players who will still be looking for inspiration. Of course I know his press conferences might not represent how he works with the players in any way.

Anyway, prediction? Fuck knows.

I think we'll do ok this season and by that I mean finishing in 7/8/9/10th spot. I do have one, as yet, unanswered issue though and that concerns our defence and midfield. We lost a barrowload of silly and avoidable goals last season and the defence doesn't appear to have changed much over the close season (there's still time of course). We may bring in a better keeper; Steve Hammell is back although he's not the best of defenders; and Louis Laing might be more settled. However these factors don't seem to add up to a significant improvement. Time will tell though.