Expectations For Season 2015/16

David

Expectations for season 2015/16  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you expect to finish in the league?

• Challenging for 2nd place
    • In the top four
    • In the top six
    • In the top ten
    • Eleventh again
    • Relegated
  2. 2. What do you expect from our Scottish cup run this season?

• Out at the first hurdle (4th round)
    • 5th round
    • Quarter-finals at best
    • Semi-finals at best
    • Finalists
    • Winners of silverware!
  3. 3. What do you expect from our league cup run this season?

• Out in the 2nd round
    • 3rd round at best
    • Quarter finals at best
    • semi-finals at best
    • Finalists
    • Winners of silverware!

I think we'll do ok this season and by that I mean finishing in 7/8/9/10th spot. I do have one, as yet, unanswered issue though and that concerns our defence and midfield. We lost a barrowload of silly and avoidable goals last season and the defence doesn't appear to have changed much over the close season (there's still time of course). We may bring in a better keeper; Steve Hammell is back although he's not the best of defenders; and Louis Laing might be more settled. However these factors don't seem to add up to a significant improvement. Time will tell though.

You are scaling back your expectations Dave only 7th at best, last season it was a top 6 finish and another push for Europe, good cup runs etc, have you no confidence in IB and his new look Motherwell :)

I have no idea how we will do. My heart says we will be back in the top 6, my head says we will be murder again and finish 10th. The two pre-season games so far have done little to persuade me we will be better this season. We are still 3 or 4 good players away from a decent team. We need a good defender, midfielder and goalkeeper, and until I see what caliber they are, I'm going for another tough season. Hope IB proves me wrong, and we see a fitter, sharper team who presses hard and breaks fast.

Setting expectations on 2 pre-season games is an exercise in futility. Once we have completed our signings and have a few competitive games under our belt, we can start making more informed predictions.

They'll still be wrong, but at least they will be more informed.

I doubt when the season starts if people will be happy with 7th to 10 spot, SMcC was getting pelters when we finished 2nd and 3rd.He also got pelters for last year when the form was poor, so I don't think Bara will be getting cut much slack for anywhere less than 4th.We should be aiming for a European slot, at the least

I think we'll do ok this season and by that I mean finishing in 7/8/9/10th spot. I do have one, as yet, unanswered issue though and that concerns our defence and midfield. We lost a barrowload of silly and avoidable goals last season and the defence doesn't appear to have changed much over the close season (there's still time of course). We may bring in a better keeper; Steve Hammell is back although he's not the best of defenders; and Louis Laing might be more settled. However these factors don't seem to add up to a significant improvement. Time will tell though.

I don't quite have the hang of this reply thingy yet.......but here is a general point

I doubt when the season starts if people will be happy with 7th to 10 spot, SMcC was getting pelters when we finished 2nd and 3rd.He also got pelters for last year when the form was poor, so I don't think Bara will be getting cut much slack for anywhere less than 4th.We should be aiming for a European slot, at the least

For those trying to use pre-season games as a basis for the forthcoming season are crazy. Remember we lost what 5-0 at Ayr? We then proceeded to have one of the best seasons, with one of the best Motherwell sides of the recent generation.

Not getting at anyone in particular but if you aim for mediocrity then that's just what you will achieve.

The post is where do you expect us to be not what we're aiming for. The players should always aim to win every game, realistically that's not going to happen.