5. Dundee

6. Dundee United

7. StJohnstone

8. ICT

9. Partick

10. Accies/Kilmarnock/Ross County

11. One of the above 3

12. One of the above 3

I may be a mile oot, but I fancy the sheep to do the mhanky mob this year. Hearts have got a very exciting young team who have had a season and a half to gel, and I think Dundee under Hartley will do well this season. Could be utter bollocks tho....

With the first round of fixtures out the way, gives us an idea of what to expect. Think Dundee and Hearts will be the biggest challengers to Aberdeen finishing second. Actually surprised at Killie vs Dundee result as I thought Killie wouldn't be dragged into another relegation battle given their signings (lazy yes, but proven experience) and on the strength of the weekend they have to be one of the favourites for the drop. Think Hamilton and Partick will struggle as well.

As for us, think if we get top 6 it will be a good season. Good result against Inverness, but actually expect them to fall away quite a bit from last year given the players they have lost.

Ross County actually put up a very good showing against Celtic, and Willie Collum really was the difference between the two sides. Wether that was a one off "upping their game" against the champions, or a sign of things to come, I'm not sure. Although, I personally think McIntyre is one of the best managers in the league. They will be battling it out for last few top 6 spot with us, Untied and St.Johnstone.

Jury is still out on Dundee Utd and St. Johnston on what their season has in store given they were playing probably the two teams that will be 2nd & 3rd. Celtic will win the league with relative ease.

Going to go out on a limb and say we will be nowhere near a relegation battle this year, although will hold judgment on wether we can make top 6 or Euro push.

1st Celtic

2nd Aberdeen

3rd Hearts

4th Dundee

5th to 8th (order TBC) Motherwell, Dundee United, St. Johnstone, Ross County

9th Inverness

10th Partick

11th Kilmarnock

12th Hamilton

So after yesterday Dave you now have us in the bottom 3 ?

I actually thought we did OK. Not brilliant but no worse than a United side you have in 5th.

IMHO I think we will finish 8th - above Thistle, Accies, Kilmarnock and A N other.

I reckon we'll finish somewhere between 8th and 10th Iain, but being a pessimist by nature I'll plump for the latter. I don't see us being involved in the relegation dogfight.

This prediction thread is perhaps a bit of fun and its early doors. If we can bring in 2 energetic midfielders then I'll be more optimistic. A lot might change between now and the end of the month. United look more solid than us but don't possess our flair or talent perhaps. Also they had quite a players out injured. Time will tell.

Killie have lost 2 watched thistle v celtic today and they were pish, hamilton are also pish so there is your bottom 3. St Johnstone, Dundee, and inverness will make up the other 3 in the bottom 6.

1st and 2nd will be Celtic and Aberdeen, and Ross county 6th. I cant see much between us, Dufc, and Hearts so perm any finish from 3rd to 5th.