Inverness Vs Motherwell 1St August 2015

postiejim

Interesting to read you guys take on this particular incident. That was most certainly not how it was put across on Radio Scotland.

I suppose the fact it was Barry Wilson who was the reporter tells you everything you need to know but the whole thing was put across as Motherwell being unsportsmanlike.

I don't see what all the fuss was about really, inital incident was over and players were off the park, it was clear that the Caley player wasn't going to continue but the ball was still in play.

Caley Defender knocks the ball out to allow the substitution, but why should we give them the ball back for them putting it out for a thrown in, deiiferent if a player on the field of play was down, but there wasn't.

Big Marv had every right imo to do what he did, was funny to see the ICT players just standing around thinking he was going to knock it out for a goal kick, would loved to have seen it go in.

Inverness chose to put the ball out in order to make a sub, why should we have to give it back? The only problem I had with the whole incident was that Johnson somehow failed to even hit the target.

As for the tackle that caused the whole incident, I have little sympathy for Warren. He put an early marker on McDonald after about 30 seconds when he came in late with a horrible looking tackle that forced Skippy off for treatment. It was a 50/50 between him and Pearson and he got a sore one.

Shit happens, don't dish out and all that.

As for the game, it was one going on three or four. Bossed the game, created plenty of chances and stopped them from managing a single shot on target. Fletcher bossed the two Inverness centre backs and turned them inside out, his goal was very much right place right time. Laing strolled it at the back, Johnson was unplayable at times; his run for the penalty was superb although it looked soft award. Ripley didn't have a save to make but came off his line to claim at least half a dozen crosses and bossed his area well. Man of the match was Lasley though, the number of tackles and interceptions he made to break up their attacks was incredible. Life in the old dog yet it would appear.

Team came flying out the traps today and looked fit, well drilled, organised and got a thoroughly deserved three points. Only one game but you can't ask for much more than a performance like that accompanied with a win and a clean sheet.

• Like 2

So that's why it was a lot quieter this afternoon. Hope the Bois had a chance to drop in on Pitlochry.

Great start but hopefully they will build on it this season.

Superb breaks from Laing on several occasions, just wished one of them had resulted in the goal they deserved.

Though Skippy's penalty was woeful because of the soft award it was probably justice.

I thought Pearson's challenge was reckless and unnecessary and I really hope he's not injured himself in the process as prior to that I thought he was fantastic.

I thought it was two guys going in hard for a loose ball. Don't think he could have not gone for it. Agree we don't want to lose him though, played some good stuff today and I don't think it is entirely coincidence we were weaker after he went off.

Just home. Really effective performance and a deserved three points. Got the early goal and Marv went on a brilliant solo run and we got the pen (was never a pen I thought, ref was really poor throughout). We continued to dominate the first half and Marv & Fletch wasted good chances. There was a particular instance where Caley's number 5 (who should've been sent off after about 30 seconds for a horrid tackle on Skippy) was off getting treatment and Caley were under pressure and knocked the ball out of play next to their own corner flag so they could make the sub. The guy was already off the park so when the ref blew his whistle to restart Law threw it to Marv who was 1 on 1 and put it wide, after which a bit of argy bargy ensued coz ICT expected us to give it back to them.

Second half started and we struggled to get forward as much. Caley must've had 60% possession easily but given how poor they were going forward and how absolutely superb we were off the ball they didn't test the keeper once. Was a wee bit nervy towards the end but well deserved three points. In terms of individual performances, Fletcher looked a real handful. Skippy played very deep so he was basically a lone striker, and he did the job really well. Laing absolutely strolled through the game, great signing, and Lasley was sensational. Just kept winning the ball back over and over and over again. Definitely life in the guy yet. New keeper looked really confident and you could hear him bellowing for the ball at the other end of the park. He had a few horrendous slices out the park but think we've won a watch here. Really bad day at the office for McDonald, just never seemed to get going.

Also props to our fans for the tournout, must've been 400+ easily!

Just shows how differently we see players performance. I agree with almost of all your post but not about Lasley. Yes he put himself about a bit made tackles and blocks but for me the then made too many square and ineffective passes. but then again I have never quite understood the hero worship he is given. Pearson was the missing link in the second half. I hope we do not have to depend on a Lasley Leitch pairing. For me it has to be one or the other not both.

Just in from game, right good game and played well

One thing to add - we were right to try score from the strangest throw in given to us and expect it back

Merv should have scored!

Marv should have scored, looked like he was partly shitting what might happen with his finish. No fuckin idea what Caley were greeting about. They kicked the ball out for no reason so they could make a sub, so we rightly played on! And the ref embarrassingly had a go at Marv as well,bloke must have no idea of the rules, tit

The throw incident was laughable how they expected the ball back I'll never know the ref was abismal.

We bossed the first half and should have been 3 up by half time the pen was soft. Terrible effort from a very poor Mcdonald . They never looked like scoring and we deserved the win I thought

Just shows how differently we see players performance. I agree with almost of all your post but not about Lasley. Yes he put himself about a bit made tackles and blocks but for me the then made too many square and ineffective passes. but then again I have never quite understood the hero worship he is given. Pearson was the missing link in the second half. I hope we do not have to depend on a Lasley Leitch pairing. For me it has to be one or the other not both.

Exactly. "Keef"s hero worship is a bit cringey. He put himself about and that tackle at the end was unbefuckinglieveable but his distribution was pretty shite for the most part. If Pearo is out long term we need a CM desperately. Leitch was good but Leitch/Las is a ropey combo to depend on

Just back in from game.

Thought first half we were great.

Some great build up play and movement especially from Johnson.

Soon as Pearo was injured though our forward momentum was gone.

Stuck to task and defended well.

But I felt Pearson going off changed the game and we sat far too far back.

McDonald's penalty was woeful.

Throw in was taken and we kept possession.They're player was off the park. Would have been different if it was a player on park with injury.

Ref was diabolical.

Can't wait for next Saturday now.

CMON WELL

• Like 1

With maybe a bit of luck and more composure the match would/should have been over by half time. The Inverness player was panicking prior to that incident and the ball was kicked out of play a yard or so behind him. He actually turned to kick it out. Why didn't he boot it out of play nearer the half way line and the way he was facing. His attention was focused on the sub on the other touchline.

Soon as Pearo was injured though our forward momentum was gone.

But I felt Pearson going off changed the game and we sat far too far back.

Thats worrying. Same weakness as in previous years? Hopefully we can get in a decent central midfielder soon. In fact we probably need two - a defensive one and an attacking one. Probably the one area of the team where there is a real lack of competition.

If Pearo managed to last until half time then perhaps his knock is not too serious.

Still we're off to a good start.

Looking at the highlights we totally bossed the game,wes and marv look different class and a think we will be seeing a few bids come in for him come january if he keeps playing like that.

Not getting carried away, but if Marv played for Feyenoord he would be worth £30,000,000. We should expect a bid for £32,076. I know he is not that good, but point made.......

Just watched the highlights and it seemed we were fairly impressive, creating quite a few good chances. On another day our luck might have been better and we'd have scored 3 or perhaps 4. From comments above I've one or two continuing concerns about our midfield but really so far so good. We picked up 3 points from a difficult game. So well done to the management and players. Fingers crossed a better season lies ahead.

Quote "We picked up 3 points from a difficult game"

Was only a difficult game on paper. Inverness were very poor and as usual physicality used as a substitute for in the main. They have players with some skill but no end product.

Unless you include their ability to go down rather easily.

We played great but we had clear cut chances to win the game by a wider margin I honestly think we should have won 4 or 5 nil. We abosoultly destroyed them but at 1 nil the game was never finished but can't moan as performance was great and we got 3 points

We played great but we had clear cut chances to win the game by a wider margin I honestly think we should have won 4 or 5 nil.

A great start to the league campaign, however, we really need to start converting more chances into goals. In future games sides better than Inverness will punish us for missed opportunities and football is not the place for hard luck stories.