Inverness Vs Motherwell 1St August 2015

postiejim

A great start to the league campaign, however, we really need to start converting more chances into goals. In future games sides better than Inverness will punish us for missed opportunities and football is not the place for hard luck stories.

How can you honestly say that ? First game of the season and we won. Jeezeo other so called better teams lost. So let's see if they really are better before picking holes. Glass half full stuff as we already look a lot better and have more confidence than a lot of last season.

How can you honestly say that ? First game of the season and we won. Jeezeo other so called better teams lost. So let's see if they really are better before picking holes. Glass half full stuff as we already look a lot better and have more confidence than a lot of last season.

Calm your baps, he's right. We missed a penalty, a one on one and Louis Moult put one over the bar from 2 yards. Our finishing DOES need to improve.

Calm your baps, he's right. We missed a penalty, a one on one and Louis Moult put one over the bar from 2 yards. Our finishing DOES need to improve.

After 1 game I'm sorry I can't foresee the future like you bit I just put it down to it being the first game of the season so chill out a bit till a few games have passed.

• Like 1

Just had a look at both the tackles which were talking points. In my opinion both were yellows and nothing more as seems to be being suggested by some on P&B etc.

Skippy was just a bit too quick for Warren and poked the ball by him. Nothing malicious for me.

Same with Pearo..ball was there to be won in a 50/50 and he was a tad late. I think he realises this at the last second and on one of the angles you can see he doesn't actually swing/extend his leg into the tackle. Just unfortunate both guys seems to have picked up bad injuries.

Big Wes looked a handful on the highlights and had a few decent chances. I fancied Moult to start for no reason other than that Wes has shite hair but glad he got off the mark yesterday.

Marvin is some boy as well! Great run for the somewhat dubious pen.

Maybe my memory of the play is clouded in the run up to ICT putting the ball out for the throw in to allow the sub on , but play did go on for a few minutes with the players off the park, and I didn't see them in a rush to play the ball out when they were going forward. Normal sequence of events is to wait on a natural break in the game to allow the sub to be made.

Sorry, but in my eyes, doing what ICT did was schoolboy stuff, and they should have paid the price with Marv scoring

MON RA DOSSERS

Looking back through the highlights , did Skippy lose his left foot as he struck the ball?

looked like he went to plant his left, but it slipped forward, as he struck ball with his right.

created plenty chances though, pleasing that the opportunities are there

I wasn’t trying to pick holes, it was a great result at a difficult ground to go to. I was just pointing out something that Baralough would have mentioned to the players after the game about the importance of taking more chances. In fact, he said: “...the only real complaint is we perhaps could’ve been a little more ruthless in the final third, but that will come. Like he said, I am also hopeful that we will soon start to convert those chances into goals. COYW! :thumbup:

I'm nit picking I know but Moult didn't touch it; it was a clearance by the ICT defender (hence the corner straight after it).

Unrelated to the above, I thought Clarkson looked lively when he came on for McDonald; certainly looks to have a good understanding with Moult who looks a tricky wee player and was unlucky not to score from Law's rebound (who looks more interested in overlapping based on yesterday's performance).

Edited by StAndrew7

Aye, given our inability to create chances (or even shoot) in the first half of last season it's nice to see such a larg number yesterday.

Is that not what strikers always say? It's alright missing chances as long as you keep getting in the positions. Like you, I see it as a positive that we're creating chances...

I'm nit picking I know but Moult didn't touch it; it was a clearance by the ICT defender (hence the corner straight after it).

Unrelated to the above, I thought Clarkson looked lively when he came on for McDonald; certainly looks to have a good understanding with Moult who looks a tricky wee player and was unlucky not to score from Law's rebound (who looks more interested in overlapping based on yesterday's performance).

Thought at the time it was Chalmers - No????

Yeah just watched highlights - Moult wasn't on at that point - it was Chalmers who got his pocket picked from about a yard