Buses To Away Games

Was at game yesterday and was an enjoyable trip from start to finish but I was disappointed to hear that the Bois bus never made it to the game. They were missed.

Our boys are a credit to our club and after ibrox they sort of put us as fans out there for everyone to see what our club means to us.

The Bois do great organising there match days - displays, transport etc etc and the cost must always be tight given the age of some of them and the likely income some may be on - this is probably the reason yesterday happened and they never made it to game - simply their bus would have been cheap as possible and the quality of bus maybe an issue. May I add I have zero input in the Bois this is outsider looking in.

My point - why cant the club not assist the boys more with there match day transport to away games. I understand there are people who organise other buses at their own expense but for what the Bois bring to a match day, what they have done for the club and most importantly the fact I feel they simply deserve it would it not be a good touch for the club to help with some costs? Say 50% of there bus with a decent company ensuring they 'make' it to the game? What would that be £300 tops for there bus? I'm sure the players would love it.

Yes they probably have a drink on bus etc etc but the club wouldn't be organising it or responsible for it they would simply be giving some contribution to the hard work they do ensuring them and us have a enjoyable day supporting our small club and ensuring we stay up there with the best travelling fans

Go on Motherwell FC I dare u to just think about what I've said it would be a statement in a half as a club!

• Like 2

Totally agree with what the bois have done for our club, they have made football more enjoyable with the atmosphere they create at both home and away games.

It wouldnt even need to be every game that motherwell put on a bus but games such as inverness,ross county and aberdeen would allow more fans and not just the bois to travel to these long journey away games without having to worry about cost of getting there etc.

I think there is a much broader thing here in that football games are much more enjoyable when there is a good away support. Our numbers were good yesterday but noticably quiet.

Football clubs should be doing everything in their power to encourage a large away support and whether that is subsidising buses, working with train companies or even with other clubs. If the price of going was less, we could afford better transport etc but the problem is clubs are close to skint so they need to be creative.

For all I have no truck with the bois and think they add lots to our games but you can't make special cases, the clubs need to do an all or nothing offer policy.

• Like 1

I do agree with comments that it should cover across the board for us all and should be the games further a field - I noticed yesterday that caley must run buses back into town for fans after games which is an impressive idea but back to us - the club should and could look at helping with transport to games But I'm sure the Bois want to continue traveling together in the way they enjoy and they know best - if anything happens we don't. I don't. And they won't want that changing

Could someone from the Bois come tell us all generally the organising needed for say a trip like yesterday and costs or even in particular when we have a game when tickets are needed?

Would help us understand what maybe can be suggested/done

It's a tricky one. Anything that can help boost the presence of the Bois at games has got to be good. But then anything that can help the boost the presence of all Motherwell fans at games has got to be good.

The club have subsidised travel on occasions in the past. Going back almost 30 years I remember going in double-deckers down to Kilmarnock for a Scottish Cup replay on buses that were arranged by the club. That has generally tended to be on occasions though where there has been something quite important at stake.

I'm sure they did try an official travel club bus as well when Alan Dick was the secretary at the club - perhaps around the time of the 1991 win - but I don't think there was sufficient demand for it to continue long.

I think it's a good arrangement in principle that the club have with First Bus where season ticket holders can get to games at - depending upon where you are travelling from - at a potentially subsidised rate. Now I've ever used it and have my doubts that If I boarded a number 2 at Bargeddie and showed the driver my season he wouldn't know what the fuck I was on about and thought I was loopy or just a chancing bam, but the principle of reduced travel to games is sound.

I suspect it would really need to be a SPFL wide arrangement for anything to be negotiated with the train companies but that's the kind of arrangement that would benefit supporters travelling to away games on public transport that the clubs and league bodies should be aspiring to build.

Getting back to Motherwell. Do we have any links to bus companies through sponsorship? Does the Well Society business club have? That's perhaps your best bet I would think of getting some kind of subsidy that enables the club/society to shout loud about a "preferred coach travel provider" or some such so the company concerned gets some advertising back for what would hopefully be the preferable rate they would be offering all Motherwell fans for hiring one of their coaches.

• Like 1

I think yesterdays bus was just one of those things. We don't go for particularly cheap buses, infact yesterdays was one of the more expensive we've used. Had a good day standing a field and climbing electricity pylons.

I'd really like to see the club try and support our supporters. Subsidised travel might be an option, but how about offering to pay a fiver of the cost of admission for the odd away game? Ross County or Inverness might be the best examples seeing as getting there will be costly enough, but if they could arrange a deal with the home team to take a few quid off the price for the away end, then the home team would not suffer financially but the good will created would be substantial.

Also might be nice to see something done for away fans at Fir Park. A few quid off for guys who have travelled down from Dundee for a midweek fixture in February might be a nice gesture. Hell, even do it for our own fans on a situation like that. Yes, season ticket holders may have a gripe or two, and I appreciate that they are our core support, but perhaps they could receive an equivalent voucher for food within the stadium or to use in the club shop? Would like to see the club recognising the efforts of the die hard fans in these difficult times.

Personally I think that the Bois should be independent of the club so that they are allowed to enjoy their days as they see fit without running the risk of bringing the club into direct disrepute.

ie if it was an official or club sanctioned bus and it was stopped with alcohol found to being consumed then their could be ramifications for the club but if the Bois have done this off their own backs then the club isn't involved and no adverse publicity can be attached.

As I say let the lads organise it and have their own fun without worry, their way, like many of use used to.

• Like 1

I suspect it would really need to be a SPFL wide arrangement for anything to be negotiated with the train companies but that's the kind of arrangement that would benefit supporters travelling to away games on public transport that the clubs and league bodies should be aspiring to build.

I would have loved to be at the game yesterday but the train fare to Inverness meant it was too expensive. I went to the Ayr Utd game instead and it cost me less than the admission at Inverness.

The SPFL should certainly trying to get a deal going with the train companies. Would it be a big deal to have some rail ticket discount vouchers at the back of the season ticket?

You'd think it would be a worthwhile market for everyone involved if say if even a 1000 extra people get on a train on match day that otherwise would stay in the house, the bookies or the pub.

Can I be the one to suggest you increase away support by making away days cheaper by lowering gate prices..?

Mental, I know...

And then home fans say "why are other teams supporters getting a better deal than we are?". Away prices need all the clubs to come to some common agreement and we all know that's almost impossible.

We done that season ticket thing with Dundee Utd, that was a good start. Seemingly Partick are up for it.

Partick and Dundee Utd did the same thing as we did with United last year. With the best will in the world the price of the game is often a small proportion of the cost of going away when you throw in transport, food, drink etc.

You've answered your own question there... Other transport has become cheaper & more viable than travelling by coach on most occasions.

Part of the beauty of The Bois awayday coaches (and their predecessors) is they don't have to conform to club instruction or strangled by the constitution of the supporters association which has been problematic in itself in recent seasons.

Saturday just goes down to experience. Club subsidising that journey wouldn't have kept the coach roadworthy.

• Like 2

You've answered your own question there... Other transport has become cheaper & more viable than travelling by coach on most occasions.

Part of the beauty of The Bois awayday coaches (and their predecessors) is they don't have to conform to club instruction or strangled by the constitution of the supporters association which has been problematic in itself in recent seasons.

Saturday just goes down to experience. Club subsidising that journey wouldn't have kept the coach roadworthy.

Are you suggesting that a few alcoholic beverages are consumed on their buses? Dreadful behaviour!

Do not agree he has answered his own question or do I agree other modes of transport have become cheaper. For instance I looked at options for Inverness, train £60+ and does not ensure return same day after the match. Car? If you are in area where share is an option then £10 / 12 each should cover. Many of us are not and I for one in the borders area travel to meet the supporters bus and I believe charges are very attractive. On the car share years ago the Club asked those from outlying areas to advise if interested but I believe the response was poor. I enjoy my away days to Inverness etc. bot there are other reasons why a 450 / 500 mile round trip does not appeal. What might do tho is a car share to the nearest supporter bus pick up point. I know supporter bus sometime struggle to fill them.