League Cup 2015/16

Toxteth O'Grady

I drove by the ground last week and quickly realised it wasn't worth the hassle on a Tuesday.

Think I'm finished with the League Cup nowadays.

A bit flummoxed by your post, which in its own way is fascinating. I'm assuming that it was something to do with the ground that made you realise that going on Tuesday wasn't worth the hassle? What exactly was that? Yesterday, I too drove through Lower Methil and past the stadium but came to a different view. I'm looking forward to Tuesday evening, although in my case I will have less hassle admittedly.

Incidentally I'm intrigued as to why are you finished with the League Cup? Is it our lack of success or something else entirely?

Its your right of course but I'm always curious when someone feels the need to upload a post saying that they don't intend to do something. Each to their own.

A bit flummoxed by your post, which in its own way is fascinating. I'm assuming that it was something to do with the ground that made you realise that going on Tuesday wasn't worth the hassle? What exactly was that? Yesterday, I too drove through Lower Methil and past the stadium but came to a different view. I'm looking forward to Tuesday evening, although in my case I will have less hassle admittedly.

Incidentally I'm intrigued as to why are you finished with the League Cup? Is it our lack of success or something else entirely?

Its your right of course but I'm always curious when someone feels the need to upload a post saying that they don't intend to do something. Each to their own.

Stadium is fine for what it is but it's not a trip to get the juices flowing like an Ayr or QoS.

As for league cup, there is apathy across the country towards the competition, which is reflected in crowds and the apparent desire to restructure and rebrand. From our perspective, Motherwell haven't provided too many memorable moments in the last 15+ years and it will always be in the shadow of the Scottish Cup.

I obviously hope we progress but I find tomorrow at Perth much more important. Which is quite a shift from how I used to view cup competitions.

There's definitely been more low points in the League Cup than Scottish Cup during my time following the 'Well.

I still look forward to it every year though and would be delighted to win it given it's 50% of the silverware we will have a chance to collect.

I have a few tales to tell about why the 2005 final was a particular disaster for me, but always remain hopeful each year will be the year.

If East Fife have a go and can score two goals, the game will be theirs to lose. I would like to think this won’t happen, however, as we are currently a one (goal) trick pony team, this is a real possibility. Good luck to everyone making the trip through to Methil for this one, as in our current form you will need it.

From the games I've seen this season, one or two apart whose interest could be questioned in parts, there hasn't been a lack of effort. We've either just been not good enough or aided our own downfall.

If the effort is there we will beat East Fife, simple as that. Your silver lining from the Albion Rovers fuckup is that anyone left from that debacle should be sufficiently scarred not to allow any repeat to happen,

It will be interesting to see what team Baraclough goes with. You look at the league the opposition are from and think this is an opportunity to unleash Dom, give Taylor another game to bed himself into the club (no idea if his suspension is applicable or not), give Kennedy his debut, Clarkson a start and so on in a fixture that should be negotiated without too much difficulty. But after four successive losses he may wish his "first choice" team gets a chance to hopefully win convincingly ahead of Kilmarnock.

In terms of pitch size, New Bayview is slightly larger than Fir Park, which in theory should suit us. I think we can afford to make two or three changes without weakening the team and indeed may even strengthen it on recent evidence! I'd be tempted to give Dom Thomas a start, but he won't find East Fife any physically softer then Premiership sides. I'd also be tempted to switch Clarkson for MacDonald but then again he isn't suited to a deep role either. Kennedy for Law is a good shout and I'd give Chalmers another run on the left.

No idea if Taylor is eligible or not.

Was at the Ayr Utd - Brechin match a few weeks ago and the pace of the game was nothing like the Premiership. Guys like Ainsworth and Johnson should be going into that match thinking they can have a lot of joy.

Even in poor form we should be fitter, sharper, faster.

East Fife should be no match for us, however, if I was their manager I would be instructing my players to have a real good go as we don't look like converting much more than one, or maybe two chances on a really good day. If we don’t approach this game in the correct manner we will get punished even by a side that perhaps lack the pace/fitness of a full time premiership team. To lose to East Fife would be unthinkable and it would pile some early pressure on the manager and playing staff. Along with Kilmarnock we will be the pundits favourites to provide the cup shock of the night, however, I hope we can prove them wrong with an easy away win.

If we'd managed any sort of result (other than defeat) yesterday I'd have been more confident than I am. As it is, I think we need to score an early goal to ease the pressure on us - pressure that will only mount if East Fife prove to be stoic and our pissed-off supporters get on the team's back the longer it remains 0-0. It's gonna be nervy, I fear

Anyone know if this is sold out? Was going to go for tickets today.

Can you pay at the gate?

It's all ticket. 300 odd tickets went on general sale late last week, and haven't heard anything since to say they've sold out.

Might be worth phoning before you go down, save a wasted journey....

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. I'm perhaps the opposite of, I think it was, Lobey Dosser who said he longer had much of an interest in such ties but I'm more the opposite.

A team that I haven't see us play against in something like 15 years at a ground I've never been at before. Perfect! That's exactly what I hope for in a Cup draw.

I must admit I do feel a bit of a tadger for having bolted over to Motherwell last Saturday for the ticket office opening time to make sure I got tickets only to now read that there is still about a quarter of the allocation left the day before the game, but there you go.

Hoping to see our creative players do what they can and our defence get a clean sheet to boost their confidence in the build up to Kilmarnock on Saturday.

• Like 2