League Cup 2015/16

Toxteth O'Grady

I have seen this number before, however, I am sure it was prefixed by the names Dundee United, Hearts, Aberdeen and St.Johnstone. :ph34r:

Good news is I have never seen us lose to East Fife.

Bad news is I'm not going to this game.

With the way Bara was talking at the start of the season - about wanting to do really well in the cup comps - I can't see us dropping anyone from the first team other than if there are injury/suspensions. Hopefully we can get a few goals and then the team can kick on.

- Hammell came off as a precaution. Sounds like it might be a bit early for him tomorrow according to the pre match video. If so, Chalmers in.

- Taylor is suspended, I think, so Leitch would come in for me.

- I wouldn't drop Ainsworth or Johnson for Thomas. Would be using this game to get them both firing. Then maybe give Thomas a wee bit more time in the second half.

- No one else on the bench or U20s is clawing at the door in my opinion.

- Only one I would debate would be Law. Only the manager really knows if Kennedy can slot in there. Reid not fit and no better than Law. Watt wont be fit enough yet. With Hammell dropping out I don't think changing our right back will happen.

Dont get why folk are saying they wouldnt drop anyone and give thomas a chance etc, i would drop the full team if it was possible

The players cant expect to be guaranteed starters and giving fringe players a chance should happen tonight and if they perform they should start against killie

With the way Bara was talking at the start of the season - about wanting to do really well in the cup comps - I can't see us dropping anyone from the first team other than if there are injury/suspensions. Hopefully we can get a few goals and then the team can kick on.

- Hammell came off as a precaution. Sounds like it might be a bit early for him tomorrow according to the pre match video. If so, Chalmers in.

- I wouldn't drop Ainsworth or Johnson for Thomas. Would be using this game to get them both firing. Then maybe give Thomas a wee bit more time in the second half.

- Only one I would debate would be Law. Only the manager really knows if Kennedy can slot in there. Reid not fit and no better than Law. Watt wont be fit enough yet. With Hammell dropping out I don't think changing our right back will happen.

I think this is pretty much spot on. I'd previously thought - after the draw - that this would be a good chance to give the likes of Clarkson, Kennedy and Thomas some game time. However I wasn't anticipating us having such a poor start as we have, we could do with a bit of a confidence booster so as close to full strength as possible would make sense.

Everywhere apart from right back and up front picks itself really - Law seems to be the only option at the moment unless Kennedy is any cop - not even sure if he's featured in the U-20 games so far so still a bit of an unknown quantity. By far the most frustrating element in the team just now is Skippy - he's being asked to play so far out of position he's almost completely ineffectual. It's a waste of time playing him as a midfielder, he had his best games last season when he sat just behind Erwin - no reason to change that role now. Moult and Fletcher both look like they could offer something but perhaps could do with a bit of support - if we've learned anything from the last few games, punting aimless balls up to a lone striker with nobody in a C&A shirt near him is just daft.

Taylor shouldn't be suspended for a League Cup game.