League Cup 2015/16

Toxteth O'Grady

Decent tie. Shouldn't face any problems.

Brian McLair probably didn't think they were going to cause us problems the last time round but we certainly made hard work of it.

Sorry - I'm thinking of the match before. Forgot about the one linked to above.

League Cup ties have been causing us problems for as long as I have been watching Motherwell.

It’s been a while since we last lifted this trophy and there will be very few Well fans on here who can lay claim to have witnessed that one. Is there anyone on here who would like to own up to being at 1950 final v Hibs? According to reports Hibs (2/5 favourites) controlled most of the match, but without threatening the Motherwell goal much, prompting one journalist to report that: “If the Ibrox defence is the Iron Curtain then this Motherwell defence is compressed steel.”

839599-2.jpg

It’s been a while since we last lifted this trophy and there will be very few Well fans on here who can lay claim to have witnessed that one. Is there anyone on here who would like to own up to being at 1950 final v Hibs? According to reports Hibs (2/5 favourites) controlled most of the match, but without threatening the Motherwell goal much, prompting one journalist to report that: “If the Ibrox defence is the Iron Curtain then this Motherwell defence is compressed steel.”

839599-2.jpg

Have to admit to being there as a 12 yo. Sadly tho can't remember very much about it. Sadly recall not as active as it used to be. Not as memorable as 1952.

• Like 6

Have to admit to being there as a 12 yo. Sadly tho can't remember very much about it. Sadly recall not as active as it used to be. Not as memorable as 1952.

Ooft! If I get to your age and still remember my own name I'll be delighted! Fingers crossed you'll see a fourth cup win some time soon.

• Like 3

the club needs to put together a good cup run and we can't go into the game against east fife thinking it going to be a walk over as they will be up for it

this will be good test for the team and hopefully they will progress to the next round and it will be at home!

• Like 1

Tickets not on sale at noon as advertised, yet the suggestion of paying for the tickets (complete with season ticket vouchers), with the actual briefs being picked up later or nearer the game, was refused for no apparent reason. Any semblance of common sense would have resulted in that idea being implemented so that those arriving to buy tickets when advised to do so by the club were able to reserve them..

As of 10 minutes ago, tickets still not on sale, although the club Twitter and Facebook is completely silent.

I understand the tickets not being delivered isn't the club's fault - but advertising the time they go on sale without knowing 100% they'll have the tickets is their responsibility, as is the refusal to implement a very basic measure to ensure those who turned up to buy them would be able to do so.

Shouldn't be surprised but it does get tiring having to put up with the absolutely farcical service our ticket office provides just about every time it has to actually sell tickets.

Tellingly, everyone I've mentioned it to has responded with "typical Motherwell".

My father went over to get a ticket for me - yes the tickets had been delayed due to a printing issue, but there was no issue with him paying for the ticket - they took the special voucher from the season ticket book and said I can pick the ticket up either tomorrow or monday. No hassle at all

My father went over to get a ticket for me - yes the tickets had been delayed due to a printing issue, but there was no issue with him paying for the ticket - they took the special voucher from the season ticket book and said I can pick the ticket up either tomorrow or monday. No hassle at all

This was only decided after the tickets went on sale. When those there at noon asked about this, they were told it wasn't possible and they'd have to buy the physical ticket when it arrived. It's great that common sense has prevailed but perhaps it would have been a better plan to let it prevail when the tickets first went on sale.

The person that went to collect our tickets was told they weren't on sale yet, so actually suggested the whole reserve-the-ticket idea and was told it wasn't possible so, due to other plans, left. Turns out they've then taken the idea and ran with it afterwards. Great stuff.

I also phoned around 1pm and was told the tickets were still in transit. Wasn't told anything about being able to reserve a ticket, hence why I suggested they still weren't on sale - that's pretty much the impression I was given on the phone.

EDIT: Just spoke to someone who was allowed to reserve tickets at 12.10. Seems if you were stupid enough to turn up actually at noon as the tickets went on sale, this luxury wasn't afforded to you but a few minutes later you'd be fine. Or maybe they just didn't fancy selling us tickets...

Just rang club to purchase tickets. Be warned they are not permitting telephone bookings, which isn't handy for those living away from Motherwell. This is contrary to what we were told earlier in the week. So in our case, instead of time taken to buy all our tickets by single telephone call the office staff will now have to deal with 8 individuals queuing up in person before the game tomorrow.