Motherwell V Dundee Utd Sat 8 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I'm looking forward to going back to Firpark and watching the Well for the first time this season

as for the game I simply hope we play better that we did last year (and that won't be hard)

All this confidence gives me the fear. Dundee United will be a much tougher prospect than Inverness. Even when we were finishind 2nd & 3rd, they regularly gave us humpings.

They have lost their 3 best players, but I think this will be tougher than many are predicting. Expect a score draw, but would prefer a narrow victory.

• Like 2

Let's walk before we run. There can be little doubt that this season is about rebuilding for us, and as such, we can expect a few ups and downs. The key really is to get a few points on the board and hopefully see out the year without the fear of relegation and play offs. We are fortunate that we are in a league with few good sides and a fair number of our competition are in the same boat as ourselves.

It is still very early in the season and we have had one very good result. We have a few tricky fixtures coming up so no point getting too far ahead of ourselves with regard to expectations. I'd love it if we were towin our next three matches, but realistically I'd be happy with taking some points from each game and a continued sign of improvement in our overall performances from last season.

• Like 2

Right now I'd take two wins and two draws from these first four fixtures, but you really cannot decide if these would be good results until the season begins to pan out.

A win away at Inverness is a good start though. Dundee United at home might seem the easiest of these fixtures, but no point tempting fate. We stopped Inverness having any shots on target on Saturday. The same again and the worst case scenario is a point and another clean sheet. We also created enough chances in Inverness to win two or three games, so here is hoping we can continue in that vain and convert a few.

United were supposedly pretty poor against Aberdeen but we cannot take that for granted. They have some decent players and will be itching to get their season back on track.

Has the makings of a very interesting fixture, and hopefully a win to keep us heading in the right direction.

Front page of the programme for the match is taking some inspiration from the pre match posters. I like!

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/629303826655350784

I am a big fan of the match day posters that we produce for the home and away games and whilst I am not 100% sold on this portrait illustration, at least it’s a positive departure from the usual posed player photograph. Well done to all concerned.

CLu8fTiXAAQ-jp2.jpg

I think United as a club are teetering over the edge of cliff face at the moment.

They've been pretty sensational on their day over the last couple of seasons (as we know to our cost) but there's no question in my mind they didn't fulfill their potential over the piece. And now that that team has been broken up it's interesting to see where they go as a club.

There must be concerns. They fell away badly after selling Mackay-Steven and Armstrong before the League Cup Final last season, have lost most of their pre-season games (albeit against good opposition) and having lost last weekend again I don't think it'll take much for their fans to turn. United have always been a support who have a pretty clear view of where they believe their club should be - often some way from reality mind you - but I get the feeling that McNamara might only be a couple of bad results away from being in a bit of bother.

As for tomorrow. Usual drill. Fast start, get the goal, draw them out and tear the fuckers to shreds on the break. Job done. If only it was simple....

Just read that United haven't won any of their last 8 away matches (D2 L6). Hopefully their away form (and our home form) from last season carries through into this one.

Also read that we haven't won the opening 2 games of a campaign since 07/08 so it'd be nice to put that right.

Having said that I think both those stats will continue and it'll finish 1-1.

By all accounts Dundee Utd played quite well in the first half against Aberdeen and then faltered in the second half. That's the way I look at them at the moment, a team that you aren't quite sure what kind of performance you are going to get out of them.

They only conceded once against what will probably be the 2nd best team in the country this year, and it was a pretty extraordinary goal, so I don't expect them to be throwing in goals, what we need to do is make sure we don't give away any cheap goals because the perception is that their forwards are struggling for confidence and they don't really have anyone up there who has been banging in goals. However we only have to think back to last season to remember the likes of Robbie Muirhead and Mario Bilate scoring against us.

If we keeep it tight at the back we don't want to give them a boost with a cheap goal because the difference between a poor team and a good team in this league can come down to a little bit of confidence.

6 out of 6 would be huge with Hearts and Aberdeen coming up.

Was hoping to take my daughter to her first Well game today, she's 4 and a half and the mrs is a bit worried she'll get bored but I know the Cooper stand do quite a bit for kids but as an East stand regular I don't know what. Anybody shed any light to convince her? Add in the fact that it gives me a pass to get to the game as well

Was hoping to take my daughter to her first Well game today, she's 4 and a half and the mrs is a bit worried she'll get bored but I know the Cooper stand do quite a bit for kids but as an East stand regular I don't know what. Anybody shed any light to convince her? Add in the fact that it gives me a pass to get to the game as well

Same boat for a couple,of years with my daughter, face painting at the stairs to Cooper, they also do free Match Attax cards, free juice with a round in the bar, they also are doing player selfies today for first time. Try and get a seat near front about 20 minutes before kick off and she can do high-fives/pics with mascots when they're walking the track - always goes down well. Oh, and try and ensure you have Frozen downloaded to your phone in case of emergencies....