Hearts V Motherwell Wed 12 Aug 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Having picked up nothing from what looked like our easiest fixture in our first four, it would be nice to see us leave Tynecastle with something tangible. We need to start taking some of the chances we are creating as I doubt we will keep a clean sheet. Ainsworth should return so I reckon we are capable of coming away with something.

Having picked up nothing from what looked like our easiest fixture in our first four, it would be nice to see us leave Tynecastle with something tangible.

It will be typical of Motherwell to go to Tynecastle and take all three points, however, if we are to achieve this we will need to be more clinical in front of goal. Football is a simple game, if you score more than the opposition you will win the match. Early days, however, even after our defeat on Saturday I am still confident that we will be okay this season. As for Wednesday, I think it will finish 2-2.

Hearts are a big team apparently and dangerous at dead ball. Get kennedy in at right back for law. Ainsworth for chalmers and moult for fletcher for his trickiery.

Would agree with that but keep Fletcher in if he is fit. Thought he looked good.

Skippy needs to play a bit higher up the pitch though and closer to Fletcher. Too deep on Saturday.

I'd get used to seeing McDonald playing deeper. Seems to be the role that Baraclough has in mind for him, someone to link the play by dropping deep and supplying Ainsworth, Johnson and Fletcher/Moult. Also gives us an extra body in the middle of the park to occupy the opposition's defensive midfielder.

I think what will change is that McDonald's fitness will improve (bear in mind, he missed a fair bit of preseason) and so his ability to get from those deeper positions and join in the attack will get better...

Really looking forward to this although I'm in Santa ponsa with a fucked knee,haven't seen fletcher or moult yet but going with highlights and what's been said I think both will do us s turn,love a night game at tynie,3-1 Motherwell.

I'd get used to seeing McDonald playing deeper. Seems to be the role that Baraclough has in mind for him, someone to link the play by dropping deep and supplying Ainsworth, Johnson and Fletcher/Moult. Also gives us an extra body in the middle of the park to occupy the opposition's defensive midfielder.

I think what will change is that McDonald's fitness will improve (bear in mind, he missed a fair bit of preseason) and so his ability to get from those deeper positions and join in the attack will get better...

Yeah I think that is true in that as his fitness improves he will link up better.

I think Bara will want to play a 4-2-3-1 when everyone is fit. With Marv/Skippy/Ainsworth being the 3. After 20/30 mins on Sat it was more a 4-5-1 which left Fletcher isolated. Mainly due to Chalmers not being a winger by trade and Skippy sitting to deep.

Could say this for most games but any result is possible, I still imagine our confidence isn't rock solid although I don't expect Saturday to have dented it much but Tynecastle is usually a difficult place to go and whilst I don't reckon this Hearts team are to much to be intimidated by they aren't mugs.

With Ainsworth back we should be a little bit more dangerous, especially on the counter I hope we can do that well without giving up too much poessession for Hearts to come at us. I expect it to be much like first two games, tight encounters if maybe a little more on the back foot this time being away from as well as missing Pearson.

If we have our shooting boots on I can see us winning but think we'll need at least two goals to get something.

Although I don't think Hearts will do badly this season I don't think they're all that the media and their fans are cracking them up to be.

St Johnstone put 3 past them at Tynecastle and would have taken something if they hadn't chucked in some easy goals and Dundee should have been out of sight at HT last weekend before hearts, to be fair, turned it around. Although wen at that, one of their goals was a pen.

With Ainsworth back we should be more of a threat on the break and have a better balance to the team. Pearson will be a big miss but I really think we can take something from the game, particularly if we can keep Juanma quiet.

I'll go for an entertaining 2-2. Ainsworth and McDonald for us.

going to be a tight game and Hearts have a lot of positve momentum

if the Well pass well and keep the presure on Hearts we should take at least a point from the game

if we end up just punting the ball from the back you can forget it

1-0 to the well

onwards and upwards