Hearts V Motherwell Wed 12 Aug 19:45

Yabba's Turd

I'm going to be slightly more conservative and say 3-1 'Well. Not sure what it is, but I have a good feeling about this one. Hearts are absolutely full of it after a good start to the season, while we've turned in two decent but not eye catching performances. I think our boys will be right up for this given the way things went on Saturday.

This will be the first time we've got Ainsworth and Johnson on each wing, frightening prospect. Hope the sharpness in front of goal has improved because looking at a 2-0 loss otherwise.

Great if Taylor can hit the ground running, but with it being such a pivotal role I'd be surprised. Hopefully his arrival will allow Skippy to play in a more advanced role than Saturday where he was subdued.

After seeing Hearts promoted last season, if you'd told me that we'd win the play-off tie with Rangers and would still be an SPFL team this season I'd likely not have been confident of us getting anything from Tynecastle, but I'm actually feeling optimistic.

I'll go for a narrow win, or a draw at worst.

No way an international class player sits on the bench to make way for Jack Leitch.

Not every player we develop will go on to be a first team stalwart that can be sold on to the highest bidder. We need squad players too, backups ups that can come in and do a job when needed. Perhaps that will be Jack Leitch's role with us, who knows? For now, Leitch will have to impress from coming off the bench.

No way an international class player sits on the bench to make way for Jack Leitch.

Not every player we develop will go on to be a first team stalwart that can be sold on to the highest bidder. We need squad players too, backups ups that can come in and do a job when needed. Perhaps that will be Jack Leitch's role with us, who knows? For now, Leitch will have to impress from coming off the bench.

You say "International Class Player", Reading says "good enough for a League Two" loan.

He may or may not be a great signing, but I still wouldn't drop him in at Tynecastle as a first team starter.

Oh, and Brian Kerr was an international class footballer with 2 more caps than Taylor.

You say "International Class Player", Reading says "good enough for a League Two" loan.

He may or may not be a great signing, but I still wouldn't drop him in at Tynecastle as a first team starter.

Oh, and Brian Kerr was an international class footballer with 2 more caps than Taylor.

At least with Brian Kerr you got the odd screamer and few good assists. If we get half of what Kerr contributed from Taylor, we can probably consider it a success.

Think this will be a tough game with a big home crowd. We need to be strong at the back because the Hearts attack force will be a similar challenge to Dundee United. A few tricks and a bit of luck could see us concede silly goals again. But as others have pointed out, we are strong on the attack as well and their defence is rank.

Gonna go for 2-1 'Well. Jaunma scoring the opener with Ainseorth hitting two. Also fancy a red card.

Would be tempted to drop Law for this one as he was rank rotten on Saturday, however I cant see Bara throwing in Kennedy or Watt at the deep end...

I reckon we will go with

-----------------------Ripley------------------------

Law--------Laing--------McManus-------Hammell

----------------Lasley----Taylor-----------------------

Ainsworth-------------------------------Johnson

---------------------McDonald-----------------

---------------------Fletcher-------------------

Subs:

Twardzik

Chalmers

Kennedy

Watt

Leitch

Moult

Clarkson

On paper, it is quite a decent side which certainly should be looking to push top 5 - time will tell.

Not many expecting us to get anything from this one however, so I'm quietly confident that we will come away with a 2-1 win.