Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Saturday 15Th August

postiejim

Didn't expect to take anything from this game when the fixtures were announced and after last nights insipidness I fear it even more.

Never been so confident of an away win since Celtic last visited.

Hopefully McDonald plays upfront or doesn't play at all. I'd actually be tempted to start Clarkson in his place. Any word on Fletcher? Either way it would be good to see 2 upfront.

Taylor or Leitch? Hmmmm..... Not sure throwing Taylor in from the start last night was the wisest move. I can see him starting this game.

At the very very least we need a performance from the players (the way Killie did v Celtic after their horror start to the season). Would also be nice to score a goal as 1 goal in 4 games is piss poor whatever way you slice it (and that goal came in the opening minutes of the opening game!).

Motherwell 0 Aberdeen 3.

Depends whether or not we can identify and rectify the issues in midfield and similarly aren't relying on getting the ball out to Johnson & Ainsworth as our only attacking option. If their full backs shut them down then it's really difficult to see where we're going to create chances from at the moment.

If we stick to 2 central midfielders I think we'll probably get beat. If we change things up and go with 3 CMs (Taylor, Leitch & Lasley for example) with Johnson and Ainsworth wide of them it might give us a better chance of retaining the ball and give us something to work with. I'm not generally a fan of playing 1 up top but if we've got it in us to transition between 451 without the ball and 433 with it then I'd be (a bit) more optimistic.

Right now, I'd take 1-1 tbh.

With Aberdeen obviously very strong, hopefully we can strike a balance between bolstering the midfield and supporting Moult up front. Might be worthwhile putting the likes of Leitch on McLean, while Law will need to be on his game against McGinn and/or Hayes.

3-2 Motherwell with Thomas getting his first goal for the club.

I think Aberdeen have pulled away from the rest and will finish 2nd by a distance. Therefore it's going to be a very difficult game. McLean looks to have found form again and I think Graeme Shinnie is one of the best players in the league and was a superb signing.

However we should be looking for 3 points every time we run out on to Fir Park. Just need to get the sleeves rolled up and give it everything and if you do that, you'll always have a chance.

First game of the season for me so hoping that we can dig out a performance from somewhere and a least get a point. Aberdeen continue to recruit well and despite the dismissive utterings of John Collins, I expect them to run Celtic close again. Gonna be a tough one to get anything from. Be happy with a good performance and a goal.

FFS 3 games in and the usual prophets of doom have us getting pumped every game, if we do then fair enough but judge each game on it merits and have some faith in the team. Try to get some positive glass half full attitudes instead of the negative pish spouted every week you might even get to like it. Siwy

• Like 1

Dundee will be looking forward to cuffing Celtic 4-0 by that logic.

They are the better team, they will likely win. I reckon we'll get a response from a poor show on Wednesday and put up a decent fight, as good as Aberdeen are they not a team to be intimidated by and whilst I would rip yer arm off for an entertaining draw still think we can win.

Likliest result is a loss, think we more likely to make more mistakes that will be punished but provided we don't do anything to stupid to early if we can get our noses in front I think we capable of upsetting the odds.

We need to sort out LB/RB quickly,this is our weakest part of the team this season

Yes, that and centre midfield Ian. Certainly RB & LB are the achilles heels of our defence. I was surprised that Josh Law was retained on a 2 year deal and I'm not a fan of Stevie Hammell. I'll qualify that by saying he has been good offensively but has always been weak defensively - last night being a classic example of his lack of positional sense.

I'd like to see Josh Watt being given his chance at RB and perhaps Joe Chalmers being brought in at LB to stake his claim.

• Like 1

Yes, that and centre midfield Ian. Certainly RB & LB are the achilles heels of our defence. I was surprised that Josh Law was retained on a 2 year deal and I'm not a fan of Stevie Hammell. I'll qualify that by saying he has been good offensively but has always been weak defensively - last night being a classic example of his lack of positional sense.

I'd like to see Josh Watt being given his chance at RB and perhaps Joe Chalmers being brought in at LB to stake his claim.

Luke Watt is injured I believe. He was in the Centenary Suite last Saturday. I'd like to see Chalmers at LB to see how he does.

Really tough game and all things point to an Aberdeen win, but you never know if football and hopefully get a response from Wednesday.

If we take anything from this game its a bonus - last tough game before a run of 6 games against the teams likely to be bottom half of the league (Dundee aside).

2-1 to sheepy bastards!

Not looking forward to this one. Last Saturday against United we played well for 15-20 mins, after that we were shite and the gaffer made an incredibly strange substitution with 20 to go. By all accounts Wednesday was just a horrible 90 minutes, and the gaffer got his tactics all wrong.

I reckon we have enough good players to be a competitive team this season, but the manager needs to sort his tactics out for this weekend or he could start to come under some pressure.

good to see some folk on here are upbeat about their team........oh wait no they arent.

Jesus christ prophets of doom or what.

as i said in another thread, so far this season we beat caley, didnt deserve to lose against utd and hearts were simply better. we have looked much better than the shambles of last season.

Lets hope the players are up for this one as I for one dont think aberdeen cant be beaten although are probably the best of the rest.

1-1 draw for me on this one and then Motherwell's season starts against those who will be around us.

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever line up or formation we deploy tomorrow, I genuinely hope that we play Scott MacDonald in a forward, as opposed to a deep defensive role. He isn't suited to the type of game he's been asked to play this season. It doesn't help the lone striker, doesn't help the wide men nor defence. If he plays deep it leaves the main striker very isolated.