Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Saturday 15Th August

postiejim

They beat Dundee Utd away. We couldn't beat them at home. We cant score, our midfield is weak and it'll be 3-0 at least.

They scored a late goal at Tannadice in a game that looked to be heading for a draw.

They don't score a lot of goals so us scoring first could be crucial.

Safe to say it will be "Motherwell 0" if we play the same game as Wednesday night. To win this we need to break their play up, close them down and just clear the ball when possible. Not the long ball game we played at Tynecastle. Mick only ever saw one pass, ffs. Most imprtantly, dont pass the ball back to ripley from the half way line. And dont take short free kicks from half way either. We have target men that need to be used.

Gonna go for another shoddy defeat. Gutless performance. 3-0 Dons. Unless Barraclough learns how to read a game we will keep losing.

We need to sort out LB/RB quickly,this is our weakest part of the team this season

Totally agree.

The first thing a defender has to do is to defend anything they offer in an attacking position is a bonus.

Our 2 fullbacks are good going forward but there position play leaves a lot to be desired ( especially Law)

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with Stevie Hammell it's the 2 numpties vying for right back Law and Reid. Dont know enough about Luke Watt but he's injured anyway. What about Chalmers at right back?

Perhaps. I'd either have him or Marvin Johnson at right back...

It's possible that Chalmers is a better right back than Law, it's not a huge challenge. Slating Hammell is laughable but also not surprising coming from the man who thinks there's a way to prevent opponents crossing the ball.

Anything other than a defeat is a huge bonus tomorrow.

It's possible that Chalmers is a better right back than Law, it's not a huge challenge. Slating Hammell is laughable but also not surprising coming from the man who thinks there's a way to prevent opponents crossing the ball.

Anything other than a defeat is a huge bonus tomorrow.

I'd rather have an average right footed player at right back than a good left footed player. It causes too many problems as they instinctively drift out of position and struggle to pass a ball up the line with their wrong foot.

It's one of the reasons we struggled when Hammell was out and kept slotting in righties.

Of course, ideally, I'd prefer an excellent right footed player at right back.

I must admit I'm not overly confident about this one. My early season optimism has morphed into something a little closer to concern.

It is early days, it is a rebuilding job, it is going to take time.....but that's a process that is about weeks and months. Today is about the here and now. Are we ready for a game against a team who finished second last season and who appear to have built on that and strengthened? I'm not so sure.

There wasn't much between the teams in the games last season - you think break of the ball off Hammell first time, the helping hand they got with the red card and penalty at FIr Park and then the gifts we gave them when we were the better side second time up there. So we shouldn't be overawed by any means. I just think current state of play they'll have a bit too much about themselves for us.

• Like 1

It is early days, it is a rebuilding job, it is going to take time.....but that's a process that is about weeks and months. Today is about the here and now. Are we ready for a game against a team who finished second last season and who appear to have built on that and strengthened? I'm not so sure.

The thing is though that if as a support we genuinely believed that it is early days and that it is going to take time then we would not have had the mini meltdown we have seen after a difficult night at Tynecastle.

Looking at it objectively we should be happy with 2 reasonable performances out of 3 and should be looking at today as a very difficult game where any sort of result would be welcome.

The fact is though that football fans don't do objectivity well so, crazy as it is, there is already a feeling that anything short of a draw will make many Motherwell fans start to feel very edgy.

For me a competitive performance will do today even if that results in a narrow defeat. A goal or two would be very welcome. 1-2 for the visitors I think. Would be very happy with a draw.

If we come away from the game with a loss but a performance like last Saturday that's fair enough.This chat though about losing in the manner we did at Tyncecastle being acceptable because Hearts won the Championship is pathetic.

Out with Celtic there should be no grounds where we shouldn't be looking to take a point.

We'll be looking for a resp onse to Wednesday's shocking performance. I'd like to see us with two up top, either Moult and Fletcher (if the latter is fit) or Clarkson coming in. Clarkson may offer a bit more in terms of linking the play from the centre of the park - the role we've been wanting Skippy to play but he's too off the pace to be effective at present. He could be a useful impact sub though when Clarkson tires.

No reason to play anyone other than Hammell on the left and Law at RB - until Watt comes back Law is really the only option we have, and even then Watt will need to earn his place. Through the centre, Lasley is really a must for me - by all accounts he was naff the other night but I'd rather not have too relatively inexperienced players in Leitch and Taylor - either one of those with Las however.

The wings pick themselves, although there's perhaps a shout for sticking Chalmers on the left to counter Aberdeen's attacking threat (a bit, anyway). I think ultimately we need to find some kind of stand in for Lasley as our final signing - a Jennings-esque player would be ideal.

Can see an improved performance from us but can't see us winning, 2-2 draw.