Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Saturday 15Th August

postiejim

I thought Moult was terrible. What's he good at? He looked miles out his depth, Keegan/Casagolda style.

Taylor was miles off the pace but had a few decent touches and will hopefully improve with fitness. Josh Law on the other hand needs dropped asap, a complete liability.

The bed spread mob will say it was close but United and Aberdeen both knew they only had to match us first half and second half the three points are gift wrapped.

Disappointed to lose that, we certainly didn't deserve to. Night and day compared to Wednesday.

McDonald was involved in everything, Moult is starting to look like a player, and Thomas did well when he came on.

First goal was a freak cross/shot that deceived everyone and trundled in. Second I couldn't see but there were lots of shouts for a foul on the keeper, especially since it was 2 minutes after McManus was penalised for jumping into an Aberdeen player in their box.

Aberdeen didn't look like the world beaters they've been made out to be. Definitely a case of being unlucky rather than soundly beaten.

Johnson had a poor second half. Moult looks like he could turn out to be a quality signing, shades of Chris Porter about him, hopefully he gets a goal to his name soon.

Who said Aberdeen were world beaters ?They have been put out in the prelim stages of Europa cup, so don't think anybody is saying they are world beaters.We can't alwYs be unlucky , in general the defence looks not bad, but there seems to be a switch off at times and we are getting heavily punished.Johnston had a poor game, but he has quality.Moult doesn't look fully fit yet.Big keeper looks good but I will need to see the goals again to see if he us at fault for both or any

In the end probably a fair result but aberdeen certainly couldn't have complained if we had nicked a draw.

Disagree with steelboy regarding moult,thought he was our best attacker by a mile. Mcdonald should be given a half in the u20's to increase his sharpness. It was like watching dirk lehmann again where every 2nd touch was a tackle.

Johnson apart from his goal offered very little and ainsworth came into the game a bit in the 2nd half but only after aberdeen dropped off knowing that he couldn't hurt them by getting in behind.

Thomas did well when he came on and what is really frustrating me is that the defence actually look a lot more organised than last season but still manage to throw in a comedy goal every game.

Still positive at the moment as without playing celtic it has without a doubt been the hardest start we could have got, but we need to start putting some points on the board or else last season may not have been a one off blip that we all hoped.

I thought Moult was terrible. What's he good at? He looked miles out his depth, Keegan/Casagolda style.

Taylor was miles off the pace but had a few decent touches and will hopefully improve with fitness. Josh Law on the other hand needs dropped asap, a complete liability.

The bed spread mob will say it was close but United and Aberdeen both knew they only had to match us first half and second half the three points are gift wrapped.

I thought Moult played as well as he could have, he held the ball up well, created space always wanted to get involved I think he will be a great addition.

I have to agree with you re Josh Law, the amount of times you see Laing having to cover on the right hand side is unbelievable

Draw would probably have been a fair result but to let them back into the game with as soft a goal as we did was absolutely criminal.

Unless it was his own man who blocked him it looked like a blatant foul on Ripley for the 2nd.

Thought Moult looked like he came on to a game in the 2nd half when McDonald and Ainsworth got closer to him. Some nice touches & link up play but ultimately he doesn't seem much of a goal threat at the moment.

Goal aside Johnson was fairly brutal, was surprised he lasted as long as he did before being hooked. Thought Thomas looked bright and pleased to see Cadden get on the park.

All in all, much like the United game it's one that we should have got something from but didn't. Hopefully we can start picking up some wins from now.

Agree re: Josh Law, if Kennedy can play right back then we really should be giving him a run.

It goes without saying Collum was absolutely chronic.

Another good game to watch which ends in frustration. Baraclough went with a bold formation and we competed well, creating a number of half decent chances despite Marvin being off the boil.

Moult may divide opinion but today he strengthened my hunch that he is going to be a terrific player for us. Wee bit lightweight at the moment maybe but he has good movement, runs all day and wins numerous headers. Him and Skippy will create goals for each other as time progresses.

Aberdeen are so strong in the wide areas that they were always going to create chances and we'd have to ride our luck. Disappointed therefore that we continued the theme of losing such soft goals. It's not been a good week for our unit of a keeper.

St Johnstone game now grows in significance. Play like today and we'll get a result but as we know, consistency is far from guaranteed under the current regime. Finding a midfielder with a bit if dig between now and then would improve our chances.

I thought we were well outplayed today but even though none of our players really hit top form we battled away, created a few chances and were still in the match at the final whistle against a team that will finish Top 3 this season. However you'd have to say we've conceded two soft goals again.

Some suggestion that the goalkeeper was fouled but I've said it before and I'll say it again, a goalkeeper, especially one the size of Ripley should be going right through any opposition, for me he's just been overpowered in the challenge.

We scored against the run of play and Aberdeen really dominated us for most of the match although we improved when Dom Thomas came on. McLean, McGinn and Hayes all interchanged really well and they made good diagonal runs in behind our full backs. Felt a bit sorry for Lasley today, we played more a 4-4-2 and as a result we were over run in midfield. Taylor really wasn't in the match at all, McDonald was playing further forward so Lasley was 1 v 2 or 3. Also felt Moult didn't show much but McDonald looked a lot better today and was probably our best player. Johnson was very frustrating , I wonder what his pass completion was! Single figures?

We weren't good enough today but we didn't fold. Now we need to start picking up points.

• Like 1

I personally thought Moult played decent in patches today. Worked his arse off and won a fair few headers, had some nice touches. Should have scored mind you after a ferric cross from wee Dom.

The new lad Taylor for the second game in a row was a passenger. Game passed him bye, hardly touched it or put a tackle in. Clearly tidy on the ball but games are passing him bye.

Moult's off the ball movement in the 2nd half was good, had 3 very good runs which weren't even looked at by our players. Johnson also had a good one, but Laing just played it short. I think Moult will come good, I'd like to see him and Fletcher up top together. What concern's me is lack of creativity in the middle and the lack of intelligence at times in terms of playing the correct pass and even tracking the correct man is worrying.

• Like 1

Moult's off the ball movement in the 2nd half was good, had 3 very good runs which weren't even looked at by our players. Johnson also had a good one, but Laing just played it short. I think Moult will come good, I'd like to see him and Fletcher up top together. What concern's me is lack of creativity in the middle and the lack of intelligence at times in terms of playing the correct pass and even tracking the correct man is worrying.

We need to do something sharpish about throw ins. Players need a kick up the arse for their disappearing acts every time we get a throw in. If they don't do it themselves they should be given strict instructions by the manager as what to do. Time and time again we win a throw in in the opposition half and nothing comes of it because players just aren't willing to look for the ball.

What have you been smoking????

Moult played his heart out.

Always looked to get onto to the ball and linked play up when he could.

Guy never stopped trying all day

He might have tried hard but he seemed to me like a wee laddie playing with big men. Aberdeen defenders were throwing him about the place. Last week although he didn't get much service Fletcher you felt had something about him. Today I just didn't feel Moult offered much threat.

• Like 1

Personally I thought we were woeful. Making all the same mistakes as last year.

Goalkeeper - Made a couple of mistakes.

Josh Law - Anonymous.

Stevie Hammel - Terrible.

Laing & McManus - Nowhere near as dominant as Taylor & Considine

Lasley & Taylor - Game completely passed them by.

Johnson & Ainsworth - Woeful.

MacDonal & Moult - Not enough efforts on goal. Ran about a lot, without doing very much.

Dom Thomas - Did well, and if Moult was shaper he would have scored from a pearler of a cross.

I've never seen a team cut another team open quite so easily. If their front players had been more decisive, they could have pumped us.

Baraclough - Not resolving on going issues!

SCUNNERED!

If players were on their game today we should have strolled it.

Skippy was taking one touch too many instead of having a go first time.

Marvin broke down 6 attacking moves in a row putting us on the back foot before he was hooked.

Moult needs to get bulked up in the gym as he was being bossed about by central defenders and he only won headers against the full backs when he went wide.

Laings route one usually came straight back to put defense under pressure.

When is someone going to have a go from 25yds? We don't need to get it into the 18yd box to score!

I feel we have the players to finish top 6 this year but we have to find 'well jerseys when we make passes.......simples. We are too easy to shut down and get put under pressure to make poor decisions.

Hope things get sorted on the training pitch soon.

PS can we also practise throw ins as it rips my knitting how long it takes to find a player!

• Like 1