St Johnstone V Motherwell Sat 22 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Very winnable game, however Sutton-in-Ashfield is more or less certain to score. 3-1 to the good guys.

Given the state of our defence, pretty much any opposition striker is more or less certain to score.

Still think we can win it, though.

Think we'll win this one really comfortably, with our two wingers to run the show. 4-1 to us!

I hope so, but for our 2 wingers to run the show they'll need to be given the ball early and not only that but given the passes they like. Very frustrating to watch our full backs or central midfielders faffing about before releasing passes 5 yards behind the wingers who by that time are covered.

Think we'll win this one really comfortably, with our two wingers to run the show. 4-1 to us!

I admire your optimism, however, the play-off game aside we are a team who in recent times have struggled with the scoring side of the game, and I don’t envisage us breaking the mould on Saturday. I went for 1-1, however, if we approach the attacking side of the game in the correct manner we might manage to get 2 (queue Motherwell to run riot and score 6 or 7 :biggrin: ).

Looking forward to this one - even though I'm less than positive of a win. My hunch I think is a 2-2 draw and I think I'd be happy with that. Anything to end this buckin losing streak. Think we will start with the same team as the last two matches although if so we will certainly get outmuscled in the middle of the park like last week.

Keeping the faith though. Get intake them!

St. Johnstone have lost 2 out of 13 home matches in 2015. Motherwell have lost 10 out of 13 away matches in 2015.

St. Johnstone have scored in every match this season. Motherwell have failed to score in 50% of our matches this season.

Doesn't look good does it? St. Johnstone have also conceded in every match but we've conceded 6 goals in the last 3 games so we are probably going to have to score twice to get anything out of this game.

Would be happy with a point and then we really need to beat Kilmarnock at home.

BTW John Sutton was dropped in favour of Steven MacLean last weekend who scored so I'm guessing MacLean will start again tomorrow although inevitably we'll see Sutton on at some point.