St Johnstone V Motherwell Sat 22 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I think the amount of new players we're trying to bed in should be given a month to settle in.

If we are in a similar run mid September then I'll question the manager.

Until then folks, he's got my full backing.

Think football fans can be far too quick to write people off and a few on here are maybe jumping the gun a little.

Time will tell

• Like 1

I think the amount of new players we're trying to bed in should be given a month to settle in.

Think football fans can be far too quick to write people off and a few on here are maybe jumping the gun a little.

Time will tell

I think if we lose five games in a row with "his" team, then people will have the right to ask the question. You're right, it is early, but the question will be asked...

OK, here's a damning statistic, in 27 league matches under Baraclough we have scored more than once.....6 times.

That's something to do with the fact we have been mince. Before he took over last season we scored more than once..... 1 time.

While not exactly excited by our start to the season, we had the same number of shots today as St. Johnstone (11). But we really need to start hitting the back of the net - and not just the strikers. One of our big failings last season was the dearth of goals from midfield.

• Like 1

Chomper, you're right of course, but the manager is paid to get the best out of the players, particularly those he's scouted and brought in. Regardless of how Killie played today, I watched them against Celtic (we get live games in Canada), and they're quite capable of a really good game. So, unless we start to do something different playoff is very possible again this year and I don't fancy our chances against Hibs.

Absolute fucking garbage once again.

My patience is wearing pretty fucking thin with this team/manager.

Looks like, even at this early stage of the season, that we are going to lose and can only hope teams round about also lose in the hope that at some point we nick a win. Absolute shite state of affairs!

Do we also now require to score a minimum of 2 goals in order to get something as we're apparently odds on to concede 2 every week?!

Losing 4 on the bounce is unacceptable and even if we win next week v Killie (which we now absolutely HAVE to!) I'm afraid it would only be papering over the cracks.

The manager has been supported enormously by the board....umpteen new players, assistant brought in, goalkeeping coach. Nae excuses!

We cannot have another season like last years! Mistakes have to learned from!

Substitutions today once again seemed bizarre and this boy Taylor has contributed absolutely fuck all.

Time will tell

He's had nearly 30 matches in charge and had a lot of backing from the club, including money to spend on players, which you and me will have to pay for at the end of the day.

Besides the wins against Rangers, who you ought to remember were being matched or bested by the likes of Alloa Athletic and Livingston last season, and you'd be hard pressed to see many positives.

Warning siren should have been sounding when we lost at home to Dundee Utd who then got hammered by Hamilton 4-0. We have two defeats against teams this season who's only three points in five matches have been against us.

Things need to turn around, in a sustained way, very soon.

• Like 3

How long before the calls for his head begin in earnest? Will we need to be marooned at the bottom of the league? Is he just going to persist with the same starting 11 and formation in the hope it might finally click? Where are points going to come from?

The players, especially the senior ones need to take some responsibility also.

Time will tell

There were two outfield players starting today who weren't there last season.

so many on here who are critical of his subs today or player performances. How many were at the game? Seems from the stats that again there was not much in it. But who knows?? It was never going to be an easy game, and losing again after being in the lead is very disappointing. It's all very well saying we need this or that player (I'm as guilty as the rest) but perhaps those sort of players just wont come to us for the money we are paying. The midfield for me has been the problem for a long time. Our wingers just don't have the mentality to defend properly which puts the defence under pressure. Whilst the standard ain't that good, the league is tough. Confidence is everything and usually the only thing that seperates teams. We got off to a good start, and then through bad luck, poor decisions etc our team has now got to perform under pressure. This is something which apart from the Rangers game, they have failed to do so. Time for a few to stand up and be counted. Next week will be a battle.

• Like 1

Next four matches are huge, for the club and Baraclough.

Cup match v East Fife, defeat is unthinkable in that one. Two home matches against Kilmarnock and Ross County, then away to our Lanarkshire friends Hamilton who have already opened up a wee gap on us. If we go to NDP and lose again I'd imagine the reaction will be vociferous.

If we lose Tuesday he needs to do the right thing and quit. If there is anyone old enough to remember Roger Hynd as our manager, I'm starting to see a lot of similarities.

I'm usually a happy clapper when it comes to Motherwell but to continually make the same mistakes is the issue that concerns me most.