St Johnstone V Motherwell Sat 22 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Next four matches are huge, for the club and Baraclough.

Cup match v East Fife, defeat is unthinkable in that one. Two home matches against Kilmarnock and Ross County, then away to our Lanarkshire friends Hamilton who have already opened up a wee gap on us. If we go to NDP and lose again I'd imagine the reaction will be vociferous.

Correct.

I said before today that we needed 9 points from the next 5 league games. I think we'll be doing well to get 1. Accies are certainly going to be no whipping boys as many predicted and Ross County look more than decent.

Be interested to know why people thought we were entitled to anything when we're going away to a team who secured a higher league placing than us last season.

Unfortunately it's slowly slowly, catchy monkey, but our leads have to be consolidated as our defence and midfield cover isn't enough to shore us up.

Needless to say, seeing the twitter feed come in and then scrolling through this thread has been depressing.

Just looked at the league table there. Only 4 pts separate 4th from us at 9th, although I do agree our losing streak is worrying. As has been said, I think we can afford to wait until the 1st round of games has been played before making a judgement on Bara. The club has been overhauled from top to bottom. Too early to change it all now I think

I was at the game (a home game for me being from Perth and all) and I honestly believe without a shadow of a doubt we lost the game today on Baracloughs substitutions.

We were on top and relatively comfortable with Ainsworth being our main attacking threat. Leitch was being readied to come on to shore things up, and then theu scored against the run up play. Leitch was told to sit down.

10mins later, Leitch came on for Ainsworth and was met with resounding boos from the fans. Bizarre decision.

Once he went off, we lost control of the match and defeat was inevitable for me. Skippy was then replaced by Thomas and we resorted to long ball football that left Moult isolated and we posed zero attacking threat.

Skippy was by miles the most ineffective man on the field today and he would have been first hooked every day of the week for me. When it went 1-1, the change was Skippy for Clarkson or Fletcher.

Skippy was most wasted shirt today. Thought Taylor done OK, nothing of note either good or bad until his 2nd yellow (which I need to see again before making judgement).

Moult put in a good shift, should have scored right after his goal. Lasley work helping out his team was first class. Ainsworth looked in the mood and was best player on park. Laing had commanding performance.

Marvin and Skippy were poor, with the later really off the boil. His tantrum when he was subbed was embarrassing.

If we had kept Ainsworth on and went 4-4-2, I believe we would have not lost the game. Rediculous decision.

End of the day, next few games are already must win and I fear Barraclough may find more ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I got bored of it last week and voted with my feet. The team are pretty rank and the Barraclown is clueless....I'll not be back until there is significant change...

Ah, a loyal dyed in the wool well fan . Try parkhead if you want an easy time . It full of good time only fans .

• Like 3

Scoring first and not even taking a point is a worrying trend. We seem to be an all or nothing sort of team and grinding out even a draw, as cliched as it sounds, is something I'd love to see us do once in a while. Take the point, stop the poor run, and move on with a bit of confidence.

Fletcher is probably the player I've been most impressed by so far this season, the sooner we get him back the better.

Not long back. It was/a bizarre game. For the 1st 40 minutes we were by far the better side. Scored one and created numerous chances.

They came into it last 5 minutes and Ripley made 2 good saves to keep us at 1-0.

Hammell was subbed at HT injured although not sure that had much bearing as Chalmers was OK.

The performance 2nd half was appalling. As good as we were 1st half we were abject 2nd half. No fight, no direction and strange substitutions. Taylor looks like a terrible signing and why when he was already on a yellow was he not subbed for Le itch was baffling.

We are weak in midfield and week at right back. Recipe for disaster. The amount of space and crosses they had was embarrassing. I really like O Halloran. Wish to god he played for us.

I would give pass marks for Laing, Lasley, Ainsworth and Moult. Skippy and Johnson continue there brief spells of tidy play with general rubbish.

Edit to add - the ref Thompson is a grade a wankstain. At least 3 similar fouls where our players got yellow and they did not including a carbon copy of Taylor's 1st yellow for preventing a quick free kick.

After Aberdeen and United that was a step back, due largely to the 2nd half performance.

Look like conceding 2 or more goals in every game. Not good and we are already in a relegation battle

you've got to be able to score more than 1 goal in a game to have any chance against anybody in this league.

This will be our undoing this season, unfortunately, we do not score many goals and the opposition will take confidence from our lack of goals, Any side who can muster up two goals have a very good chance of beating us (East Fife take note).

The worrying thing for me is that I'm not sure a change in personnel or tactics will make the blind bit of difference. We're unbelievably unbalanced as a team. The spine of our team *should* be excellent but when some of our key players are injured or off the boil (ie Pearson, skippy, McManus - and with not strength in depth in CM) it makes the holes in our side so prevalent.

I'm not going to berate the guy any further than I already have but I'll hang my hat on this guy Taylor being a piss poor signing - with Barra certain to stick with him ala Straker.

Can't stand all this patter of him being an internationalist in a top ten side. By that logic, Djibril Cisse the Champions League winner was a better player than Cantona.

Not looking good. need a major shake up and some arses skelped.

I've seen nothing from this guy Taylor, and I mean nothing, to suggest he's any better than Shaun Fagan or Marc Fitzpatrick!!

I wouldn't trust Barraclough to bring in another player. He's been given enough scope over the summer build his squad and even at this stage of the season we look like we'll need snookers to stay up.

He is utterly inept and it is fucking infuriating to think we're about to go through the same hell as we did last season!

Poor substitutions taking ainsworth off and leavin Johnson on beggars belief the latter was honkin couldn't believe when they played him through the middle and put high balls into him. Lasley must be knackered carrying the midfield on his own at the moment.

• Like 1

The loss of Pearson is proving to be telling. My feeling is that were Fletcher and Pearson playing in our first five games things would be looking much brighter. Added to that, McDonald has had a poor start to the season, probably due to a lack of pre-season. Very similar to the McFadden situation a few years ago.

It is fine lines between success and failure in this league and I believe that the misfortunes of these three players are really costing us. Baraclough can't be blamed for the injuries or McDonald's lack of form (unless people believe that McDonald would be playing well under a different manager).

Again there is a real old firm feel about this board at the moment with calls for the managers head and a real lack of patience. Martin Canning was a dud a few weeks back according to many and suddenly after a couple of good results, Accies are riding high again. Paul Hartely was in line for the World Manager of the year award after the Kilmarnock game and now Dundee are sitting mid table having had a mediocre start to the season.

Things could all look very different in a months time. More time needed for the manager and the team. Also the young lad Taylor is not nearly as bad as some are making him out to be. I seem to remember this chat early doors with Long, Laing and Johnston.

• Like 3

Ah, a loyal dyed in the wool well fan . Try parkhead if you want an easy time . It full of good time only fans .

It's called making an informed choice not to do something. For the record I go, apart from today, home and away each week and am a season ticket holder and shareholder for that matter. Your comments are pish

The loss of Pearson is proving to be telling. My feeling is that were Fletcher and Pearson playing in our first five games things would be looking much brighter. Added to that, McDonald has had a poor start to the season, probably due to a lack of pre-season. Very similar to the McFadden situation a few years ago.

It is fine lines between success and failure in this league and I believe that the misfortunes of these three players are really costing us. Baraclough can't be blamed for the injuries or McDonald's lack of form (unless people believe that McDonald would be playing well under a different manager).

Again there is a real old firm feel about this board at the moment with calls for the managers head and a real lack of patience. Martin Canning was a dud a few weeks back according to many and suddenly after a couple of good results, Accies are riding high again. Paul Hartely was in line for the World Manager of the year award after the Kilmarnock game and now Dundee are sitting mid table having had a mediocre start to the season.

Things could all look very different in a months time. More time needed for the manager and the team. Also the young lad Taylor is not nearly as bad as some are making him out to be. I seem to remember this chat early doors with Long, Laing and Johnston.

Things could change but remember if we hadn't played a total shambles of a Rangers team we'd have been a Championship team this season. The opinions on the board are not based on one game or even form since the start of the season.

There has too be improvement starting now, we can't go on like this.

• Like 1

Pearson is a massive loss to the team but i'm sure when he eventually does come back he'll still be in and out the team all season due to hamstring/thigh strains etc.....total chocolate footballer.

We need someone urgently in the centre mid and so far Taylor does not look the answer!!

Things could change but remember if we hadn't played a total shambles of a Rangers team we'd have been a Championship team this season. The opinions on the board are not based on one game or even form since the start of the season.

There has too be improvement starting now, we can't go on like this.

Exactly . Remove the 2, albeit impressive, legs against a shambles of a Rangers team and this imposters record is fucking horrific SINCE DECEMBER.

• Started off pish, but its not his squad or backroom staff - ok
  • 7 new signings in jan including a transfer fee paid,fitness coach,new assistant and still pish - ok give him the summer cause he beat Rangers
  • another 5-6 signings this summer from this amazing scouting database including more transfer fees paid,15 players out, new gk + u20 coach - STILL PISH.

How much more time can this fraud be given before the powers at FP grow a set and punt him? will it take another playoff or maybe relegation?