St Johnstone V Motherwell Sat 22 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Just watched the highlights of Killie vs Ross County.

If we don't beat Killie next week then I'll start to worry slightly. They looked truly abysmal at the weekend, County could realistically had 8 or 9. Killie have allowed 90 shots on goal so far this season!! Hopefully 2 wins this week and we can get the season kickstarted.

If we don't beat Killie next week then I'll start to worry slightly. They looked truly abysmal at the weekend, County could realistically had 8 or 9. Killie have allowed 90 shots on goal so far this season!!

I agree Killie looked dreadful, however, if a team needs a boost, Motherwell have a habit of gifting the opposition three points all wrapped up in claret and amber ribbons. :(

Like Dan? Who still got pelters despite similar performances to Ripley and all over a couple of inches in height. The mind boggles

The comparison was between Ripley and Taylor, which was unfair.

If you wan to compare Dan and Ripley go ahead, as for why people didn't take to Dan that's entirely up to them. The fact he is small in stature may have something to do with it, or it might just be because he isn't, in some peoples opinion, a very good goal keeper.

The comparison was between Ripley and Taylor, which was unfair.

If you wan to compare Dan and Ripley go ahead, as for why people didn't take to Dan that's entirely up to them. The fact he is small in stature may have something to do with it, or it might just be because he isn't, in some peoples opinion, a very good goal keeper.

What's funny, though, is that it's a lot of the same people slagging him of now who were annointing him as our saviour during his loan period.

• Like 1

There also seems to have been the assumption by a good few that it didn't matter who we got in as long as he was taller than Dan. I know we need to give him a chance (and we'll be sticking with him regardless) but Twardzik would have been slaughtered for some of the goals that Ripley has let in.

• Like 1

There also seems to have been the assumption by a good few that it didn't matter who we got in as long as he was taller than Dan. I know we need to give him a chance (and we'll be sticking with him regardless) but Twardzik would have been slaughtered for some of the goals that Ripley has let in.

Correct, sir...

It's not just simply down to selection, though.

Where's the communication? Where's the leader at the back? Who's screaming at Law to get back into position? If it's happening every time, it's not the just the manager who's at fault for not recognising it and taking steps to prevent it happening again.

As much as Killie have been pish this year, let's not forget that we have been too. This game isn't a tipping point, for me.

Where’s your tipping point Haggis? Killie look woeful and if we can’t beat them it's an early indication that we are going to be struggling again this season. A few Motherwell fans are getting twitchy about Baraclough’s abilities as a manger, however, there is steam coming out of the ears of Killie fans over Gary Locke. Even this early in the season I am looking to the other sides who have started poorly to judge where Motherwell sit in the broad scheme of things. We have beaten Inverness, Killie however, have only managed two draws, shockingly one of those was against Celtic. That draw aside, Killie look as if relegation could be a distinct possibility and in my opinion they are a team that we should be beating at home. As I said in the Baraclough thread, I will give him until Christmas to get us moving in the right direction, which will hopefully start with three points against Killie on Saturday.

So is Ripley apparently but its sacrilege to say so going by comments on here. To some Ripley is The Messiah

I think (think) he has made one, maybe two mistakes, I think he is a lot better than Dan, if he continues the way he is he would be fine.

Also to defend myself, Just cos I think Dan is pish doesn't mean I automatically think the other guy is great.

• Like 1

+1 with Busta

Dan is humming, plain and simple...McCall made an arse of it by signing him as 1st choice, on the back of his loan spell.

If Ripley keeps making mistakes though then he should be hunted too, no matter how big and tall he is.

This is similar to the discussion I had with Andy P on another thread about Sutton v Moult...just because Ripley possesses an asset that Dan doesnt (height), doesnt mean that Im happy with him playing shite.