Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 29 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

He is going to be exposed anyway. Leitch offers nothing and I don't believe we have anyone else capable of doing a job in the middle of the park.

yeah we know your opinion of Leitch, I'd like to see him in there with Lasley at the moment though.

Edited by Busta Nut

If it isn't already, baracloughs jacket will be on a shakey peg if we don't win today - rightly so.

Considering we have a completely front heavy squad at the moment and virtually no central midfield, I'm hoping that we change our formation from this one up top crap and try to convert some chances - get the game done by half time - like Ross co did against killie.

Considering that, I'd line up:

----------------------Ripley------------------

Kennedy------McManus------Laing------Chalmers

----------------------Lasley---------------------------

Ainsworth------------------------------Johnson

---------------------McDonald------------

--------------Fletcher--------Robinson

Subs:

Twardzik

Hammell

Watt

Cadden

Leitch

Thomas

Clarkson

Moult

Interesting, although if Las isn't at the races we're gunned with that setup. Would probably start Moult ahead of Fletcher this week but would expect to see him on at some point.

To be honest I think we just need to get back to a basic system that works just now. Bin the idea of playing McDonald in midfield/as an attacking midfielder. Trying to play a midfield diamond or a system that we're not familiar with isn't going to help.

We found a bit of form last season going 442 and for the most part it should be enough to match the teams that we're aiming to pick up wins against. As has been said before, play McDonald up front or don't play him at all. Address the fact that both Law and Johnson are suffering from a loss of form and use the squad a bit.

Assuming Hammell won't be risked and Fletcher still isn't quite there then I'd go:

Ripley

Watt - Laing - McManus - Chalmers

Ainsworth - Lasley - Leitch - Thomas

McDonald - Moult

• Like 1

To be honest I think we just need to get back to a basic system that works just now. Bin the idea of playing McDonald in midfield/as an attacking midfielder. Trying to play a midfield diamond or a system that we're not familiar with isn't going to help.

We found a bit of form last season going 442 and for the most part it should be enough to match the teams that we're aiming to pick up wins against. As has been said before, play McDonald up front or don't play him at all. Address the fact that both Law and Johnson are suffering from a loss of form and use the squad a bit.

Assuming Hammell won't be risked and Fletcher still isn't quite there then I'd go:

Ripley

McDonald - Moult

I'd go with the same team. Options on the bench to change it up too if required with Johnson, Robinson, possibly Fletcher.

Ripley

McDonald - Moult

I would go with the above also, the only possible exception is Kennedy in for Laing or even at right back. That said Killie are likely to launch balls into the box and Laing is at least decent in the air.

Would be disappointed to see Law at RB, but not surprised.

Moult deserves to keep his place with Robinson to come on towards the end and get a hat trick.

That said he scored 9 goals in 72 games with Doncaster. So hardly prolific. Time will tell.

In a week when an away league cup victory and the bringing in of a Championship standard forward has brought about a baffling amount of angst and anxiety, maybe a win today will just be to much for some people to take.

For me it's all good news. We get to look forward to a cup tie at Cappielow, a place that has fond memories for many of us, we finally have the prospect of a strong competitive bench each week (Fletcher, Thomas, Moult, Clarkson, Leitch for example) all desperate to come on and show what they can do, as opposed to the seasons when you look to the bench and hope that the manager does not need to make any substitutions.

Motherwell are favourites today. They have had a more consistent start to the season and I believe that they have a stronger squad so all the signs are that we should have taken a big step forward from the thumping we received at Rugby Park in late August last season.

I am confident of a narrow victory today. If things start to click into place it could be reasonably convincing. If we don't win or get beat, should Baraclough go? My opinion is definitely not but I can see that for some they will begin to ask some serious questions.

2-1 Well.

Formation is somewhat irrelevant as long as you have numbers in the box when you attack and numbers back behind the ball when you defend.

I'm not sure what you want to do about the cracks though. This is the squad we are playing with this season and a win's a win.

The cracks in the team that got us to 2nd under McCall were huge, but manageable when big Higgy and Sutton were banging in the goals. Going to take a while to fix things.

Formation is somewhat irrelevant as long as you have numbers in the box when you attack and numbers back behind the ball when you defend.

I'm not sure what you want to do about the cracks though. This is the squad we are playing with this season and a win's a win.

The cracks in the team that got us to 2nd under McCall were huge, but manageable when big Higgy and Sutton were banging in the goals. Going to take a while to fix things.

utter gobbledygook.

shall we just play 11 folk anywhere and let them run after the baw then?

• Like 1