Motherwell V Ross County Sat 12 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Don't think I've ever been so apathetic to a last gasp equalizer.

I thought we were absolutely atrocious. The standard of play today was no where near acceptable and resembled pub level football at times. Ross County thought they could coast to a victory and must be absolutely kicking themselves not to have won because I have no doubts they had a goal or two more in them if they hadn't gone into a 2nd half torpor.

We have no system, no style of play, no attacking instinct, no energy, no confidence. We look like a team where no one knows what they are doing. There is no cohesiveness, no team spirit, no unifying strategy, we look like 11 players who don't know each other or what their manager wants them to do.

There's no skill on display, no excitement, no chances created, no pace, no runs, no killer passes, not even basic passes. We can't defend, we can't attack, our midfield is posted missing....

And I've said it after every match I've seen this season - too many long balls, no one looking for touches from throw ins. But then nothing ever chances, there is no development, no improvement, not even a glimpse of anything better on the horizon.

Today was just utterly, utterly rotten stuff. Pure guff. Garbage.

Sub 4,000 attendance today and it might well be sub 3,000 soon if that's what we have to watch.

• Like 3

Mcdonald, Hammell and Taylor were the most shocking today, the rest wernt much better. Looked 10x better when we went 2 up top. Don't understand why it's takes barra so long to work it out that lone striker isn't working. He seems to be saving himself but how long will scraping a last minute draw keep him in a job?

I thought we were absolutely atrocious. The standard of play today was no where near acceptable and resembled pub level football at times. Ross County thought they could coast to a victory and must be absolutely kicking themselves not to have won because I have no doubts they had a goal or two more in them if they hadn't gone into a 2nd half torpor.

We have no system, no style of play, no attacking instinct, no energy, no confidence. We look like a team where no one knows what they are doing. There is no cohesiveness, no team spirit, no unifying strategy, we look like 11 players who don't know each other or what their manager wants them to do.

There's no skill on display, no excitement, no chances created, no pace, no runs, no killer passes, not even basic passes. We can't defend, we can't attack, our midfield is posted missing....

And I've said it after every match I've seen this season - too many long balls, no one looking for touches from throw ins. But then nothing ever chances, there is no development, no improvement, not even a glimpse of anything better on the horizon.

Sub 4,000 attendance today and it might well be sub 3,000 soon if that's what we have to watch.

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Agree with every word.

Delighted that Moult got the equaliser but that standard of performance was bordering on unacceptable. I suppose the writing was in the wall when the invisible man was announced in the starting lineup.

Last season, we were very inconsistenct under Baraclough but when we were good, we were a side that looked well drilled and well coached. This season, we are devoid of cohesion and technical ability. Hitting long balls for 90 minutes is in stark contrast to his stated vision of the game.

Another major negative brewing is the standard of player recruited in the summer. Again in contrast to the blueprint of the new regime, the early signs are that the squad has been clogged up with mind-numbing mediocrity, that is already to the detriment of Leith, Cadden, Moore & co.

This sums up the day/season perfectly. Every week it's the same stuff. Two games against Rangers, a game against St Mirren, a game against hamilton and a half against Inverness aside, the football under this manager is feking rank.

Travel cost, ticket, programme, couple of beers and a scabby scotch pie (is a fuking steak pie too much to ask for) all in all today cost me £50

Won't be rushing back to watch that standard of play in a hurry. Thank god in a patg it be gutted if I'd bought a season ticket and was stuck watching that.

This is all sounding very very disturbing.

Seems IB bought a lucky bag of players and is shaking said bag every week to see what works.

I'm kind of baffled as you who were at the game are saying their playing long punts in a vague hope of something materialising when as you say (and he toutshimself as) he's the man arguing for pass it out fitba?

Is he no jumping up and down screaming at them?

Why the long balls to a guy who doesn't want to jump never mind head the ball half the time?

Why, again, start with 1 up front effectively?

Is Jake Taylor actually Mark Fitzpatrick? He was totally anonymous first half but actually got worse the more he touched the ball. Offers nothing!!

Positives are that Robinson looks quick and strong and Grimshaw looked like he's worth a start.

I got abuse on here when I said we were rank rotten, but I stick by the statement. We ARE rank rotten.

Taylor shouldn't be anywhere near a Motherwell Jersey (bench would be a push) and I've totally lost the faith in Baraclough. We have no grit as a group, a lack of talent (filled with sub-standard players) and a manager who persists in setting us up the same bloody way every week when quite frankly 7 points from the season thus far flatters us.

• Like 1

Missed todays game with a deadly strain of man flu , but by all accounts I'm actually the lucky one after another insipid , uninspiring show .

I think that somewhere in that group of players lurks a team capable of mid-table mediocrity , but seriously doubting now that Baraclough is the man with the coaching ability and tactical nous to assemble even that .

Week after week we sit in the stands and watch the same mistakes being made , yet he persists with the same formation and underperforming personnel while another 4000 punters around him wonder if he actually knows what the fuck he's up to .

Some of the seemingly untouchable first picks need benched and defensive frailties addressed asap to stop leaking the same comedy goals time after time .

After that we could aim for the dizzy heights of scoring twice in the one game .

The question is though , how long do we give the guy to prove he can turn it around ? Surely those in power must be starting to share the fans fears' ?

Quite tricky to write a summary about the game today.

When's all said done I felt we did deserve a point. We certainly didn't deserve to lose that's for sure. But whilst I'm delighted to have got a draw from the game I'm struggling to shake off the feeling that by getting it the cracks may well be papered over - for make no mistake the performance was largely awful.

We've seen fairly fast starts in previous home games but that wasn't in evidence today. We never really got going and didn't create much if anything at all. Yet for all that we might have scored a couple if Moult had been able to take advantage of the two half-chances that fell his way - one volley going wide, the other straight at the keeper.

Yet we went in behind with County, whilst looking a fair bit more secure and at ease with what they were trying to do, having done just about as little as we had. We should have defended it better, should have played to the whistle but it did appear at first glance that there was a foul in the build up to their goal.

In the second half I thought we improved marginally after Law made a game saving block early in the half.

We certainly had the bulk of the possession but again looked as if we could play all day without scoring. Johnson did have the opportunity to play in Robinson for what looked like a chance from better angle than the one he faced but he got greedy and hit the side netting. Other than that? I'm struggling.

I think if County had shown some genuine ambition they could have finished us off but they got too comfortable and paid the price for when we equalised with what felt like it was the one sustained piece of football playing on the deck all day.

But the performance? One paced, lacking in verve and cumbersome. McDonald was deservedly hooked for being particularly awful, others could have had no complaints and many were anonymous. On team selection I don't think Kennedy deserved to be dropped for Laing and Taylor certainly hadn't shown enough to come straight back into the side either.

There were however positives. The character to go to end, even if the display wasn't good, is to be credited. Another game without defeat is obviously welcome.

But beyond the goal which brought relief very little to get excited about at all.

• Like 1

Delighted that Moult got the equaliser but that standard of performance was bordering on unacceptable. I suppose the writing was in the wall when the invisible man was announced in the starting lineup.

Last season, we were very inconsistenct under Baraclough but when we were good, we were a side that looked well drilled and well coached. This season, we are devoid of cohesion and technical ability. Hitting long balls for 90 minutes is in stark contrast to his stated vision of the game.

Another major negative brewing is the standard of player recruited in the summer. Again in contrast to the blueprint of the new regime, the early signs are that the squad has been clogged up with mind-numbing mediocrity, that is already to the detriment of Leith, Cadden, Moore & co.

The issue regards the young players is already here. Leitch plays in a winning team against Killie. Finds himself dropped for Taylor who has contributed nothing in his short Motherwell career.

Too many players trading on their reputation. McDonald in particular...

I think we have the makings of a decent team. But that all depends on Baraclough waking the fuck up.

To start Laing ahead of Kennedy, to start Jake Taylor at all. To start Skippy based on performance of late. I mean WTF.

Glad we got a point. I actually believed we deserved it because of last 20-25 minutes + Ross County blatant time wasting.

On the plus side Robinson did well when he came on. Grimshaw in his brief cameo looks like a good addition. Even Johnson was a better than Dom, Thought he should have squared than shot and Robinson would have had a tap in.

We could have a decent starting 11 from the squad with a fit Pearson also.

I concur with the confusion around Hammel and Laing - Chalmers and Kennedy more than deserved to retain their places. If Taylor merits a place ahead of Grimshaw in the team, god knows why we've signed him...

Normally I'd be relatively ok with a last minute salvaged draw, but the overall team performance, cohesiveness and organisation fills me with dread. Already hoping the Jags and the Arabs continue on their death spiral. Not a good sign.

On a positive note Grimshaw looked alert positive and composed from the second he came on.

That was the positive, the negatives were too many and varied to start now.

In summary , we were at home, we stole a point.

At home. In injury time. Last season we would have lost, two nil.

Small mercies...

Total guff, feck knows how we managed to get an equaliser.

Way too much loyalty being shown to players that are either not good enough or off form. Constantly using the same failed formation and system that gets us nowhere.

We must be one of the worst teams anywhere at throwins and dead ball situations in general. Usually results in us losing the ball and having to defend.

The aimless long ball game is going to land us in deep shit again this season.

From my point of view, drop Law replace him with feckin anybody. Kennedy back in to partner McManus Laing is too easily pushed around, Chalmers at left back, Grimshaw in for Taylor, Robinson given much more game..

McManus's job should be to roll the ball to a midfielder, not to launch 70 yard balls into the corners. Also, too many balls back to the keeper, we should be looking to play the ball forward.

And Lasley, Taylor and McDonald should be making themselves available for Mick. Not hiding or passing it back to Mick, Clubber and Ripley. Utter rubbish on the middle of the park, no creativity whatsoever. Grimshaw looked head and shoulders better in his brief appearance .

Thomas was like a petulant child, bleating for free kicks every time he was challenged. Contributed nothing whatsoever, should've been hooked very early. His ineptitude left Hammell exposed,( not that he had much of a game either)

Mind you, given that Law , Lasley and Taylor were invisible - and Thomas, Hammell, McManus, Laing and McDonald were out of form- maybe we should be delighted at scraping a point

Poor performance from both teams I thought. We really struggled to get our impact players involved throughout became frustrated and just seemed to bypass wings and midfield. When the ball got in there we struggled to do much.

For all I thought we had offered little, I was a bit miffed in a game with two bad lots we were going home with nothing thanks to a goal with a blatant foul in the build up.

However the one bit of class appeared. Grimshaw played a great ball to get Johnson on the by line, his cross was delicious and the finish was what it had to be. When you see us playing football like that, you do wonder why we had to put up with the 91 minutes of utter shit that went before it.

I'm on holiday next week but if I read that Taylor is starting and Grimshaw isn't, my phone may be in smithereens on a Polish pavement.