Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 19 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Predictabilty in itself a bad thing if you are executing at a high level. The bigger problem is we aren't even executing the basics.

Baraclough seems at least aware of the guys he needs to substitute each week, but would be better if he started with the better lineup instead.

???

Twitter feed has already mentioned that Accies will get back to them closer to the time regarding PATG being available or not

I was looking to get an idea of how many we had sold and how many were left. I know it will be decided later in the week, but don't want to miss out as it's my wee boys birthday.

Baraclough should have a few changes in mind. I reckon he won't change any more than 3, if that is the case then Johnson, Robinson and Grimshaw are an absolute must. Need to hit the ground running on Saturday, constantly made bad starts at Accies so the time is now to rectify it. 2-1 Motherwell.

Ripley

Law

Laing

Kennedy

Chalmers

Ainsworth

Grimshaw

Leitch

Taylor

Moult

Robinson

Fat fucking chance though

Leitch and Grimshaw in the middle. Taylor on the wing where hasn't played for us before? The never tried before youngsters of Laing and Kennedy as a pairing? I see what you trying to do by dropping the experienced members but that's just madness. Too much change.

Ripley

Law Laing McManus Chalmers

Lasley

Ainsworth Grimshaw Johnson

Moult Robinson

Or as a 442.

• Like 1

Two options for me, not sure which I prefer though probably not risking Hammell on a plastic pitch given his recent injury record makes sense. Given the well discussed midfield issues I think the most balanced we've looked is when we've had Joe Chalmers playing left side and for away games so reverting back to him on the left side of a 442 makes some kind of sense to me;

Ripley

Kennedy - Laing - McManus - Chalmers

Lasley - Grimshaw - Leitch

Ainsworth ---------------------Johnson

Moult

or

Ripley

Kennedy - Laing - McManus - Hammell

Ainsworth - Lasley - Grimshaw - Chalmers

Robinson - Moult

I could live with either of those. The only downside to playing Chalmers on the left of midfield is that we'd really be restricting all our pace to one side of the pitch - nullify Ainsworth and we don't have much of an out ball.

That said, it looks like a midfield with a bit of needle about it, which I'd be reasonably confident could face up well to Accies. Win the battle there and we have two (three if you count Ainsworth) pacy forwards ready to collect.

Ultimately, as long as omit Taylor and give both Skippy and Marv some time on the bench I'd be happy. The latter two are also belting options to bring on at some stage.

I could live with either of those. The only downside to playing Chalmers on the left of midfield is that we'd really be restricting all our pace to one side of the pitch - nullify Ainsworth and we don't have much of an out ball.

That said, it looks like a midfield with a bit of needle about it, which I'd be reasonably confident could face up well to Accies. Win the battle there and we have two (three if you count Ainsworth) pacy forwards ready to collect.

Ultimately, as long as omit Taylor and give both Skippy and Marv some time on the bench I'd be happy. The latter two are also belting options to bring on at some stage.

Actually you could probably adapt that 442 into a nominal 433 by pushing Ainsworth further up and asking Robinson to play in the channel as an inside left and have Moult go through the middle.

Ripley

Kennedy - Laing - McManus - Hammell

Lasley - Grimshaw - Chalmers

Ainsworth

Robinson

Moult

Formatting on the above might look ridiculous on a phone.