Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 19 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Managers rarely visiting the training field is another story. It's pretty standard in the modern game. That's what assistant managers and coaches are for. Not saying I agree with it, but there are lots of things in the modern game I don't agree with.

I also doubt a watered grass pitch is harder than an artificial surface.

I call BS on the entire game plan being "mark Imrie out the game" though. That's the kind of ridiculous rumour that gets started when teams are struggling.

The training pitches don't feature sophisticated sprinkler systems like at Fir Park, you, in your lofty stance should know that.

Now had the 'mark Imrie out the game' from 2 different sources involved so no smoke without fire?

The training pitches don't feature sophisticated sprinkler systems like at Fir Park, you, in your lofty stance should know that.

Now had the 'mark Imrie out the game' from 2 different sources involved so no smoke without fire?

See that in itself is worrying, if team talks are getting discussed outwith then there is disharmony in the dressing room. Are you getting this from players directly (no names required) or have you heard from people who have heard...? The former is more worrying than the later

See that in itself is worrying, if team talks are getting discussed outwith then there is disharmony in the dressing room. Are you getting this from players directly (no names required) or have you heard from people who have heard...? The former is more worrying than the later

Disharmony in the dressing room it is then...

Aye, you're right.

I'm 100% convinced now that Baraclough's entire strategy during all the team meetings was "mark imrie out the game".

Friday morning ONLY was spent on an artificial surface when the facilities were available all week. Gameplan discussed at length was 'mark Imrie out the game'... Worked well right enough.

Given the lack of rainfall over the past month, grass surfaces are naturally harder so I'd surmise impact injuries are less likely to occur on the artificial surface - seems our players decided differently and won out. Well, if the manager rarely visits the training field... Oops that's another story.

The artificial surface had nothing to do with our defeat. In fact, the players looked more comfortable on it than they have in any of our games on it in recent years. That might be down to the improved surface installed in the close season.

Our defeat was down to not closing down one cross, a defender being unable to defend the cross, a forward being unable to put away chances and a referee refusing to give a last minute penalty. Compared to previous games against Accies, we were more competitive, refused to be bullied and were actually a bit unlucky to lose. The two players who usually make us look like amateurs....Crawford and Imrie....had their moments but were nothing like as effective as last season.

So you honestly believe, the *only* tactic discussed for the Accies game was that one?

There's no way to argue against that, so I didn't bother.

That's not what I said, suspect you know that. But, hey, if it helps you ingratiate yourself with all the wankers & bullied at school who frequent here batter in.

• Like 2