Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 19 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Last season I was constantly optimistic that we were about to turn the corner, this season....... so far not so much.

As for the game, being on a plastic pitch I don't see too much of an advantage playing big strapping solid players. Pace is a real weapon on that pitch and we have it in spades. Get Lionel and Johnson into them from the start. If the new striker is any good, then start him as well. As much as it pains it to say, we probably need to set up defensively and look to use the pace assets to pick Accies off on the break!

Actually you could probably adapt that 442 into a nominal 433 by pushing Ainsworth further up and asking Robinson to play in the channel as an inside left and have Moult go through the middle.

Ripley

Kennedy - Laing - McManus - Hammell

Lasley - Grimshaw - Chalmers

Ainsworth

Robinson

Moult

Formatting on the above might look ridiculous on a phone.

Yeah, that would work. As noted, pace will be a factor so as long as we can find a way to use what we have without totally abandoning the midfield we should do reasonably well.

On the artificial surface, Accies will do what they always do...get the ball up the park as fast as they can. Play the game in our half and put our defenders/midfielders under all sorts of pressure. It's worked all too well in the past and I'm sick of watching our defensive players fannying about, having balls bounce of their shins and generally looking lost without grass under their feet.

So Kennedy in for Laing as Kennedy tends to clear his lines rather than trying to be Franz Beckenbauer, Watt for Law because Watt can actually control a bouncing ball, Grimshaw and Chalmers as part of a midfield four to add some composure and determination, Ainsworth but no Johnson as we cannot afford to be Gung Ho and McDonald either up front supporting Moult or on the bench because he is not a creative midfielder and never will be. Wishful thinking I know.

Ripley Watt Kennedy McManus Hammell Ainsworth Lasley Grimshaw Chalmers McDonald or Robinson Moult

--------------GK------GK--------GK

---------Law---Laing---McManus---Hammel

-------------------------------------------Lasley---

----Taylor

WINGER----------------------------------------WINGER

-----------------McDonald

STRIKER----------STRIKER----STRIKER-----STRIKER

Increasingly certain that this will closely resemble what Baraclough is imagining, until someone reminds him that we only are allowed 11 men, at which point he decides a midfield isn't that essential.

3-0 Accies.

I think the Accies plastic pitch will rule Srevie Hammell out . I don't think he's 100% and I can't see why we should risk him. Don't see Marv being risked either, still not convinced about his fitness, still looks incapable of fully stretching his big limbs

Midfield 3 would make sense to stifle Accies creativity in the middle

Nearly left at half time on Saturday (wish I did) and will probably stay away this Saturday. It's got accies hammering us all over it. Had too many nightmare shows there and it's clear our team have no dig, no leaders and no baws.

Apologies for the pessimism, been too optimistic during Barras reign and been let down too many times.

Would love to be proved wrong though and go out and scud the wee bassas 5-0

• Like 1

Just watched Ross County game (You tube), was it on BBc ? NAw as usual, but multiple Championship games. Rant sort of over.

We must must must cut out the punt from the goalie. We are killing ourselves with this.

In the only game I've attended so far (Aberdeen), fair enough quite a few were getting straight to Moult, not to much avail but at least they weren't bulleting straight back down on us as seems to be happening recently. In conclusion all the watching teams have noted it and are gearing up appropriately. So FFS drop it.

Re Fletcher. I mentioned before he was brought into the centenary (strolled in) at the Dons game mumbled away to effect it was 4 5 week thing had it before. So assume he is now back training.

I don't know. I genuinely thought on our last visit that with everything that was at stake, having pumped them 4-0 about three weeks earlier, the efforts the Bois had made with the card display and all that if we were ever going to get another result at NDP that would be the night. Yet it was as abysmal as any of the other four or five Motherwell games that preceded it at that ground. If they couldn't get themselves up for that....honestly, who knows?

You could argue with some confidence that we've already crossed that line but we do seriously need to get a result on that surface before it does become a case of it being almost utterly pointless for some of our players to be involved there because it's played on their minds before a ball is even kicked.

What you want and what you get are often two completely different things but I want to see an angry Motherwell performance if we have such a thing in us. I want us to get fucked right in about them from the first minute; seriously unleash some venom to release the frustration from previous pathetic efforts there and show that we won't go down in the meek fashion we have against them in the past. Tomorrow I don't care about stylish football. I just want to see them actually show they care and have the bottle for the fight that clearly Accies have for this fixture.

Honestly, the apprehension and fear that we have about playing Hamilton Accies. What's become of us! Fucking sort it out Motherwell.

• Like 1

Accies laid a new surface over the summer and it's supposed to be a big improvement. I thought their pitch last season didn't run true and was horrendous but that would probably have come across as sour grapes considering our record there.

It must have been a big advantage for Accies as they were used to it but simple things like passing and shooting along the ground to take out the bounce can make a huge difference.

I would def drop Hammell 2moro and bring in Chalmers,Johnson will also replace Thomas and the real decision will be Grimshaw and Robinson for Taylor and Skippy.

I can't see there being so many changes as above but feel the 4 changes would give us our best chance.

Ripley

Law Laing Mick Chalmers

Ainsworth Grimshaw Lasley Johnson

Moult Robinson

That gives us pace and a bit of grit along with a strong bench

Marv has had back strain problems from memory.

Plastic pitch isn't the surface for him, he seems a kinda fragile chap.

Central three in midfield , Las sitting in front of Mick and Clubber, Grimshaw breaking the game up and playing the simple ball, Taylor milling around aimlessly in the centre circle.

Moult up front with McDonald playing as a 10

Ainsworth providing the width

Law and Chalmers at full backs, Hammell best left off the plastic too

Accies are quite the physical side, so we need to grab the game by the haw maws from the off.