Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 19 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Surely says more about having to pay 22 quid to get in?

12 of our mob usually go,not one went yesterday and the £22 quid had absolutely nothing to do with that. For me it was the chance of watching a re-run of last weeks shite with a plastic pitch thrown in . Na , no thanks.First game i've missed at Accies i think.

One additional point. I was reluctant to fit in a 70 mile return journey to Fir Park during the week to buy a ticket and waited to see if pay at the gate was to be offered. No decision made by noon Friday so decided then my plans for Saturday did not include Douglas Park. Why it was all ticket God only knows. Amateur level at best and once again how not to treat football support. Wonder how many others felt the same.

Then again if i had not watched so depressing football lately my decision may have been different.

I've been away on holiday for the past 10 days and so haven't been at the last 2 games. Not surprised in the least that Hammell and Johnson were left out yesterday given the plastic pitch. What formation did we field yesterday - did Robinson play alongside Moult or between him and the rest of the midfield? I can understand why we fielded 3 central midfielders but just looking at the line up and, based on the little I know about Grimshaw, it was obvious that there was no creativity there with the exception of Ainsworth. With 2 defensive central midfielders and another who I can't yet pigeonhole for well documented reasons where was the creative spark?

First and foremost we need to field 11 players who can compete off the ball and we just don't seem to have them.

12 of our mob usually go,not one went yesterday and the £22 quid had absolutely nothing to do with that. For me it was the chance of watching a re-run of last weeks shite with a plastic pitch thrown in . Na , no thanks.First game i've missed at Accies i think.

the majority of the folk i go to games with gave yesterday a miss and it was nothing to do with it being £22 but rather the dross that we're having to indure on the park on a weekly basis.

One additional point. I was reluctant to fit in a 70 mile return journey to Fir Park during the week to buy a ticket and waited to see if pay at the gate was to be offered. No decision made by noon Friday so decided then my plans for Saturday did not include Douglas Park. Why it was all ticket God only knows. Amateur level at best and once again how not to treat football support. Wonder how many others felt the same.

Then again if i had not watched so depressing football lately my decision may have been different.

I would imagine the reason it was all ticket (up to the last minute) may have something to do with the Police given the trouble with our fans/flares and general unruly behaviour is recent games at NDP, so in this case I have sympathy for both clubs.

We actually looked to have created decent chances, and could've easily won on another day. Two things to mention; firstly, Scott McDonald's utterly abysmal free kick right at the end and then jumping into the Accies player with zero chance of winning the ball and giving away a free kick is a summary of how shite he has looked so far this season. Secondly, last week I noticed the ref made an absolute howler when right in front of him an RC player karate kicked one of our players and never got sent off. Same again this week, right at the end, how the fuck is the ref not giving a penalty for that?

Scottish football is, overall, absolutely pish by the looks of things.

• Like 1

We actually looked to have created decent chances, and could've easily won on another day. Two things to mention; firstly, Scott McDonald's utterly abysmal free kick right at the end and then jumping into the Accies player with zero chance of winning the ball and giving away a free kick is a summary of how shite he has looked so far this season. Secondly, last week I noticed the ref made an absolute howler when right in front of him an RC player karate kicked one of our players and never got sent off. Same again this week, right at the end, how the fuck is the ref not giving a penalty for that?

Scottish football is, overall, absolutely pish by the looks of things.

When are they going to close down opposition players from putting crosses into box, e.g accies goal on sat? Thats the fine lines between getting a result and not ,,,,,cant be relying on refs giving pens , although i think it was a pen, on this occasion

• Like 1

When are they going to close down opposition players from putting crosses into box, e.g accies goal on sat? Thats the fine lines between getting a result and not

Absolutely. I watched the highlights and one thing that stood out for me was Accies off the ball play. More often than not if our player got the ball he was crowded out and closed down by 2/3 opponents and had to work hard to do anything. By comparison when they got the ball they enjoyed acres of space and time.

Absolutely. I watched the highlights and one thing that stood out for me was Accies off the ball play. More often than not if our player got the ball he was crowded out and closed down by 2/3 opponents and had to work hard to do anything. By comparison when they got the ball they enjoyed acres of space and time.

This. I was at our first game against Inverness and we closed them down all over the pitch. I thought this would be the way we would play this season but sadly I was wrong.

When are they going to close down opposition players from putting crosses into box, e.g accies goal on sat? Thats the fine lines between getting a result and not ,,,,,cant be relying on refs giving pens , although i think it was a pen, on this occasion

Law to start with couldn't close down as he was left with a 2 on 1 shortly before the cross comes in. The frustrating thing for me is shortly before it our centre half has hoofed the ball clear from six yard box with no real thought other than kick it far away. There is often a time and place for that, if in doubt and so on but he wasn't under any pressure and a more measured attempt to find a team mate might just have found us going on the attack rather than the ball coming straight back at us.

Law to start with couldn't close down as he was left with a 2 on 1 shortly before the cross comes in. The frustrating thing for me is shortly before it our centre half has hoofed the ball clear from six yard box with no real thought other than kick it far away. There is often a time and place for that, if in doubt and so on but he wasn't under any pressure and a more measured attempt to find a team mate might just have found us going on the attack rather than the ball coming straight back at us.

I have not watched any of the game and will not be watching it but I find this concerning to hear. I think there are two things we are much better at under Baraclough than we were under McCall. They are passing and fitness. Sadly when I look at the last few games, our players (especially defenders) have got lazy and rather than passing the ball they are treating the ball like a hot potato and walloping it as hard as they can. If we trust in our ability to play out, we may lose some daft looking goals but we'll be under less pressure and lose less goals like the one it sounds we lost on Saturday.

It is not lazy on the players part. The defenders humping the ball up is clearly a tactic we are trying to play with...so that lands directly at the managers door. If it is not a tactic then you could be sure the bench would be bawling at them to play it on the ground. They arent.

We should 100% playing it out on the deck and not bypassing centre midfield all of the time.

I think there are two things we are much better at under Baraclough than we were under McCall. They are passing and fitness.

We are definitely fitter, but I'm not 100% sure that our passing has improved. In quite a few games ie East Fife I've witnessed rank poor distribution. Quite a few posters on here have also reported poor distribution as being a feature of games. In particular distribution to the wingers is rank. Balls are all often played too late and 5 metres behind the wide men. Thats not the service that Ainsworth and Johnson like.

I have not watched any of the game and will not be watching it but I find this concerning to hear. I think there are two things we are much better at under Baraclough than we were under McCall. They are passing and fitness. Sadly when I look at the last few games, our players (especially defenders) have got lazy and rather than passing the ball they are treating the ball like a hot potato and walloping it as hard as they can. If we trust in our ability to play out, we may lose some daft looking goals but we'll be under less pressure and lose less goals like the one it sounds we lost on Saturday.

I agree that when we pass the ball, we look like a decent team, but we seem to resort to the hump up the park way too often - I couldn't believe it when we were doing the same when Skippy came on against Accies - the big centre half hardly lost a ball in the air in the 2nd half, so how on earth did we expect Skippy to beat him in the air and create anything.

MON RA DOSSERS

Friday morning ONLY was spent on an artificial surface when the facilities were available all week. Gameplan discussed at length was 'mark Imrie out the game'... Worked well right enough.

Given the lack of rainfall over the past month, grass surfaces are naturally harder so I'd surmise impact injuries are less likely to occur on the artificial surface - seems our players decided differently and won out. Well, if the manager rarely visits the training field... Oops that's another story.

Managers rarely visiting the training field is another story. It's pretty standard in the modern game. That's what assistant managers and coaches are for. Not saying I agree with it, but there are lots of things in the modern game I don't agree with.

I also doubt a watered grass pitch is harder than an artificial surface.

I call BS on the entire game plan being "mark Imrie out the game" though. That's the kind of ridiculous rumour that gets started when teams are struggling.

• Like 1