Morton V Motherwell League Cup Rd 3 Tues 22 Sep Ko 19:45

Brazilian

thoughts?

..................Ripley

Watt-Kennedy-McManus-Chalmers

Thomas - Leitch - Lasley - Cadden

.............Moult - Robinson

as an aside traffic could be a pain, sevco playing at home and the stretch beyond Govan to Paisley is nose to tail many evenings

thoughts?

..................Ripley

Watt-Kennedy-McManus-Chalmers

Thomas - Leitch - Lasley - Cadden

.............Moult - Robinson

as an aside traffic could be a pain, sevco playing at home and the stretch beyond Govan to Paisley is nose to tail many evenings

Can't see Cadden starting as he played today. I'd expect him on the bench at least I hope he will be.

I'd think something like;

Ripley

Law - Kennedy - McManus - Chalmers

Lasley - Grimshaw - Leitch

Thomas - Moult - Robinson

I really can't see us making loads of changes and starting the likes of Clarkson etc after how the East Fife game went.

I suspect Hammell will return as this game is on grass. Other than that, the central midfield should be under the microscope as we've found it it hard to compete against most sides we've come up against in that critical area of the pitch, including East Fife. Without Pearson we have no attacking element in the centre and I fear that we are relying too much on his return.

Luke Watt wont be appearing in the first team for a while

1st half against Accies, I thought Barra got it right - he changed our set up and we managed to nullify the threat of Ali Crawford - something we haven't done for seasons. However, our widemen didn't track back enough and there were several times where their full backs were in acres of space - there is no surprise that's where the goal came from, however it should still have been avoided.

I still feel Law is getting more and more stick than he deserves. There were many times where our widemen are not tracking back, he needs to leave his man to close another player down - Accies were clever and exploited it. Everyone has a job to do, and if someone doesn't do it - there is a knock on effect somewhere in the chain

I liked the look of Grimshaw again - willing to get stuck in and looks as if he can make a pass - however, to do this, he needs to have options - players need to want to take the ball.

We can't go for wholesale changes from Saturday and we need to go with a strong team - we had chances on Saturday, if we could've taken one - the score could've been so different. East Fife proved we need to be on our game. Morton won't be pushovers and certainly will be fitter and not run out of steam

Samson

Law Kennedy Mick Hammy

Lasley Grimshaw

Ainsworth Taylor Robinson / Thomas

Moult

I don't see many changes. Baraclough must know he's running low on chances to get this right, and a decent cup run could be the difference between him losing or keeping his job.

I see us going into this game with an attacking mentality. As for an actual line-up? Who knows at this stage.

• Like 1

I'm seriously contemplating whether losing this might just be the final straw for the manager, if that's to be the case I think I'd maybe prefer the loss.

That being said it's a chance to reach a quarter-final against lower league opposition, we should be able to negotiate this but in our current state that seems highly unlikely.

Everything about this team and particularly the manager seems totally flat, it would come as a massive surprise if the team that is chosen to start tomorrow finds a sudden spark, but something needs to happen and fast.

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling about this game, I have given the manager time though if he loses this then I dont think there will be any way back for him. In a way I will always have a soft spot for Baraclough after the play off games though this is a new season and we need results fast. Both tomorrow night and Saturday are crucial to our season.

• Like 2