Morton V Motherwell League Cup Rd 3 Tues 22 Sep Ko 19:45

Brazilian

He specifically said it was an aim to do well in the cup this season, so what the fuck was that line up all about? We should have all our best players out there. We all know who they are.

Rumours of several fall outs behind the scenes - did that influence the team line up?

I am not sure I know who our best players are. Usually it is the ones that are not in the team, but this changes from week to week.

Embarassing!!

IB chose the most bizarre team. Leaving out some of our most committed players. Some of the guys fielded today just shouldn't be there.

Leitch isn't ready, he hasn't improved since getting first team action, put him back in the U20s to learn more.

Taylor is a riot of a player, he shows the occasional bit of skill but is mostly awful, send him home.

Grimshaw is quite a composed player but 50% of his passes are wasted.

Johnson has a horrible trait, he tries to take on his man early in the game, if he doesn't get passed him he stops trying. He has done this in every game this season.

Kennedy showed some good positional play and some good challenges tonight, but tried to go for a run and lost it rather than pass it which cost us a goal.

McManus had trouble with their goalscorer and royally screwed up for their opener, but IMO has been one of our most consistent players this season (if you ignore the odd mistake).

Chalmers is good going forward but a bit slow chasing back, is a better winger than defender

Robinson is supposed to better than the other strikers, his movement is poor, his workrate is nowhere near Moults.

Ainsworth has always been known for his inconsistency, this season has been different, his workrate this season has been great, it just hasn't worked for him in most games, I'd put that down to IB.

Josh Law should not be anywhere near our team. I keep seeing people defend him. He is a terrible defender, going forward he is ok, but he doesn't chase back and he hasn't got a clue where he is supposed to be or which man he should be defending. He could have prevented two of our goals tonight and has been a big factor in many of our lost goals this season. If you look back, watch how many times the ball has came down his wing and one of our centre halves are out there in his position leaving a gap in the middle. I think he's a nice guy but I would be happy if he was dropped.

IB has to go

How the feck did Taylor stay on as long. No communication in that team at all . Shoulders down from the kick off. Its so obvious they have no respect for the manager. Final straw tonight . His record is crap apart from two good games against Rangers. You are the weakest link Barra ,goodbye.

I am not sure I know who our best players are. Usually it is the ones that are not in the team, but this changes from week to week.

I think everyone ought to know Lasley is our best available midfielder, McDonald is best available forward, Ainsworth is our best available winger.

Those three weren't in the team and should have been. If McDonald and Ainsworth hadn't come on it wouldn't even have got to ET although maybe that wouldn't have been a bad thing.

I think everyone ought to know Lasley is our best available midfielder, McDonald is best available forward, Ainsworth is our best available winger.

Those three weren't in the team and should have been. If McDonald and Ainsworth hadn't come on it wouldn't even have got to ET although maybe that wouldn't have been a bad thing.

I second this. People like to blame the more experienced players. They may not play superb football every game but they put in all they've got.

I've not missed a game this season and Lasley, McDonald and Ainsworth have gave all they've got and fought for everything in every game.

That was an accident waiting to happen.

Totally rudderless performance. A formation that mystified, a starting eleven equally bewildering. Up against a committed and organised side that quite simply wanted it more than ours.

We got precisely what we deserved- nothing

And as for IBs post match comments- a disappointing start but we showed more what we were about later on, sweet Jesus mate, what is it that you see ? Eight league games and two Cup games in and you seem to have virtually no idea what your best starting XI is, or what formation suits best, or how to use the plethora of striking options, or how to motivate players to put in a committed performance.

I think IB is utterly out of his depth,he asks that we have a go at him, not his players? Exactly what vehicle is he suggesting we use to criticise him directly. Just words mate. Empty words...

He specifically said it was an aim to do well in the cup this season, so what the fuck was that line up all about? We should have all our best players out there. We all know who they are.

Rumours of several fall outs behind the scenes - did that influence the team line up?

iv'e never heard of any fall outs behind the scenes but it certainly wouldn't surprise me as things look a lot more serious than just the team playing terribly.

Not seen any rumours...who you talking about here?

Assume your meaning Lasley, McDonald and Ainsworth yes?

Not seen any rumours...who you talking about here?

Assume your meaning Lasley, McDonald and Ainsworth yes?

Been told off a good source Lasley, McManus and McDonald had a massive rant about Bara after the Bolton game. Coaching methods and the like brought completely into question.

Skippy might put a lot of effort in but he's been gash so far this season. Not helped by the fact that he's been played miles out of position.

Just the bit in bold makes him 100% better than anyone that played last night. Especially Robinson who looks like he feels sorry for himself that once he graced the English Championship and is now 'playing' at Cappielow on a Tuesday night.

When Morton scored their first goal, his body just sort of flopped and he did a little prayer with his hands. What was he praying for? A move in January to Shrewsbury? An equaliser? A new manager? The suffering to end?

Amazing pish for McCall, pish for Baraclough. Both the managers fault. Wonder how long the next guy gets before the "pros" in our team put their hands up and state "not our fault gov"

The standard of player brought in by Baraclough is dreadful. Blame senior pros all you want but you need 11 players in a team. Taylor would be bad enough but there was another 3 or 4 Baraclough signings last night that were absolutely howling.

Marvin Johnson looked like an alien from a different planet who was being introduced to football for the first time. And barring Kieran Kennedy that team last night was full of utter shite bags that won't take a bruise for the team.

Amazing pish for McCall, pish for Baraclough. Both the managers fault. Wonder how long the next guy gets before the "pros" in our iteam put their hands up and state "not our fault gov"

Utter shite. Baracloughs the one thats brought most of this team in, guys like Taylor shouldn't be anywhere near this team even Johnson for that matter. His tactics are horrendous, 4-5-1 away to Morton in a massive game for us. 2 wins from 8 league games this season(one decent 45 minutes may I add), has it got any better from his league form last season? Taken to extra time by 2 lower league sides, getting knocked out by a lower league side.

Players have to take some blame but fuck sake, a blind man could see this jokers had his time.

Utter shite. Baracloughs the one thats brought most of this team in, guys like Taylor shouldn't be anywhere near this team even Johnson for that matter. His tactics are horrendous, 4-5-1 away to Morton in a massive game for us. 2 wins from 8 league games this season(one decent 45 minutes may I add), has it got any better from his league form last season? Taken to extra time by 2 lower league sides, getting knocked out by a lower league side.

Players have to take some blame but fuck sake, a blind man could see this jokers had his time.

Eh, I'm in the Bara out camp chump.

There has been no change in the ability of our "Pros" from last season to this. Be it the new guys or old.

They were shite last season, their inability to do basics that, if you require to learn them on a training field when you're the other side of 30 is laughable. Basics like passing ball, control, heading, marking, tackling shouldn't need a manager to show you.

All players who's contract is up in the summer either need to retire in the summer, drop down the leagues or improve 100%

Strange team selection.

Drops arguably our hardest working most consistent player in Moult.

Drops the experienced Lasley for Leitch but keeps Taylor.

The rest you maybe couldnt argue with other than whether we needed to set up 4-5-1 against lower league opposition.

Static pedestrian football with the majority of players not showing for the ball resulting in schoolboy errors, poor passing and eventually the long ball.

Robinson never won a single header all night. Seemed unable to get his body between the centre half and the ball to hold it up. Touch was terrible and appeared to have no appetite to run channels or do anything that appeared constructive (see Moult decision).

Johnson. No longer backs himself to go past a player even when he has half the field in front of him. Continually turned back inside and slowed the ball down even when Chalmers overlapped him and could have taken a pass.

Taylor. Anonymous again. (See Lasley decision)

Dom Thomas. Tried hard but decision making is terrible. Needs to learn when to offload the ball. Too often tried to beat Morton single handed.

Leitch worked hard but distribution is poor. Not helped by lack of movement in front of him but got worse as game wore on. Needs more time to develop.

Grimshaw at least went looking for the ball and tried to get into game. Limited options in front of him but managed to give it away less than Leitch.

Chalmers. Poor game. Not helped by Johnson in front of him.

McManus. No fight or leadership from our most experienced player. Far too slow playing the ball out of defence.

Kennedy. Best of a bad bunch for me. He's a raw big laddie and his distribution isnt always the best but gave it everything and put in 3 great tackles in 2nd half to snuff out attacks. Unfortunately none of the other players followed his lead.

Law. Horribly exposed at times. His game was summed up by his yellow card for shirt pulling.

Ripley. Did ok. At least had good grace to look embarrassed and apologetic at the end.

Ainsworth,McDonald, Moult. All improved things when they came on. Begs the question why didnt they all start?

Overall an awful insipid performance.

• Like 1

Spot on,

I'd also add having Leitch and Taylor in the same team cannot happen as we can only deal with 1 passenger in the centre of midfield, not 2!!!

• Like 1

Just forced myself to sit through the TV highlights (a bit of a misnomer). Although the personnel may have changed a bit last night night, our faults were the same as they have been all season and indeed all last season too. Lack of determination and fight, very poor off the ball play, little organisation....I could go on. Morton were afforded all the time and space to do just as they wanted. Our central midfield problem of the past few years just goes on and on.

Struggling to think of a more inept managerial performance than that last night.

He drops his only senior central midfielder and also the top scorer at the club. He plays a fucking pointless 4-3-3 which I have never seen Motherwell play with any success. The formation left Robinson completely isolated up front against two centre backs who won't have an easier shift this season.

Dom Thomas then showed a bit of promise drifting by a few men then immediately gets subbed. Johnson spent the first half wide right doing nothing, and the second half wide left doing nothing.

Meanwhile, we continue to have the useless, gutless, pointless fucking waste of a jersey Taylor wandering about the centre circle like a shit Barry Ferguson tribute act. My only explanation is that it must be in Taylor's loan deal that he needs to play every game unless he's injured/suspended, because he doesn't warrant a fucking place out of his performances.

Leitch contributed slightly more than Taylor in that he actually won one tackle and played one good through ball. Grimshaw was probably the best of the three as he actually looked like he wanted to get the ball and pass it regularly.

At least when we brought McDonald and Moult on and went two up front we asked some questions of their defence. Ainsworth was ok, but I just wish he would take the ball on more often.

The upshot was we were overrun by a Morton side who weren't more talented, but actually looked like they cared. They played an organised style of football and outran us all night. We played right into their hands. I mean for fuck sake we made Ross Forbes look like a classy, game running central midfielder.

Baraclough's got to go before the rot really sets in. We look like a team who are hiding from each other. No one in that team last night looked like they wanted to get a grip of the game and make a difference.

IB's been backed to build his own squad and we've been left with 6 strikers, 3 keepers and no experienced cover in midfield. He's had the signing policy of an excitable 12 year old who's just been given unlimited money on Football Manager.

If we are fighting amongst ourselves this is a total embarrassment and I'm ashamed to call myself a Motherwell supporter. We deserve to out of the cup and as a club to a man we need to have a very long hard look at ourselves. Shocking way to behave.

No doubt we will be investigated for that also. Numpties.

No idea what happened so commenting on it would be daft.

1 out of 3 aint bad!!!!!