Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 26 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Normally before a game we discuss likely team line ups and tactics but on this occasion there are bigger fish to fry. Will IB still be in charge? We cannot contemplate a repeat of last season. If a managerial change is to be made it has to be done sooner rather than later and an appointment made relatively smartly. Given the events of tonight who knows how we'll approach Saturday's game. The support will be in no mood for failure thats a given.

Manager should be gone but I think he will still be here.

I also think we will win for some reason. Fuck knows why.

I predict McDonald, Ainsworth, Johnson and Lasley all starting and us scraping a victory by a goal.

Ripley

Law Kennedy McManus Chalmers

Ainsworth Lasley Grimshaw Johnson

Moult McDonald

I have no idea what team Craigan will put out..

We should be so lucky.

How often do you go to games hoping to lose? If Baraclough is still there, and he probably will be, I'll be supporting Partick.

This guy has to go for the long term future of the club, hell, the medium length future of the club.

We should be so lucky.

How often do you go to games hoping to lose? If Baraclough is still there, and he probably will be, I'll be supporting Partick.

This guy has to go for the long term future of the club, hell, the medium length future of the club.

Aye, fuck that. Away in with the Partick fans then.

Will Baraclough be in charge of this match? Suppose we may find out in the next few hours. My gut feeling is he will be and a defeat on Saturday to bottom of the league Thistle will be the final nail.

For me we go 4-4-2.

Ripley

Watt Laing Kennedy Hammell

Ainsworth Lasley Leitch Johnson

McDonald Moult

Depending on Watt's situation, we may have little choice but to put Josh Law in at right back. Leitch could also be swapped with Grimshaw, however reports from Morton were that he was poor.

Only a win will do in this match. I don't want us to lose, however I am past the getting upset stage with defeat after defeat.

• Like 1

Aye, fuck that. Away in with the Partick fans then.

If Baraclough is still in charge the future of the club is at stake, I'd rather lose one or two games in exchange for a new start, than scrap by and allow this current situation to continue. Sometimes you have to cut off a leg to save the patient. Show some long term thinking. Hopefully he gets the bullet today.

He defo won't get the bullet before Saturday

I want to win on Saturday more than anything but it pains me that it will continue a stay of execution for him longer, the club don't want to sack him that's a fact! But the rott has to stop and it has to stop fast

Iv never wanted anyone to lose their job but I can't face him staying in charge for the rest of the season

He defo won't get the bullet before Saturday

I want to win on Saturday more than anything but it pains me that it will continue a stay of execution for him longer, the club don't want to sack him that's a fact! But the rott has to stop and it has to stop fast

Iv never wanted anyone to lose their job but I can't face him staying in charge for the rest of the season

This.

A positive result on Saturday (even a draw) and he will remain with us for sometime to come I think for the simple fact that Les and co seem desperate to be proved right in their appointment. It's that stubbornness that will do us so much harm.

If Baraclough is still in charge the future of the club is at stake, I'd rather lose one or two games in exchange for a new start, than scrap by and allow this current situation to continue. Sometimes you have to cut off a leg to save the patient. Show some long term thinking.

It pains me to say it but you're right. Hopefully it won't come to that however but we'll find out soon enough. Short term pain long term gain. We delayed McCall's departure and Baraclough's managerial selection and appointment considerably last season and look where it got us - 11th spot. No repeat please.

Anyone thinking he'll walk on his own is mad; if he walks he gets zero compensation, whereas if he's sacked he'll get a payout.

A lot of fans say that McCall left us in the shit last year, but IMO it was quite the opposite. He knew he was no longer up to the task and left to the benefit of the club, something I admire him for (then again, I love McCall from his time here, so I might be biased).

As for the game, no idea. Two up front, Jake Taylor benched and Ainsworth & Johnson to find form would be nice. Would imagine it'll be 4-5-1 and long balls fired in at Louis Moult to do nothing with, and to be 2-0 down by half time.

• Like 2

Anyone thinking he'll walk on his own is mad; if he walks he gets zero compensation, whereas if he's sacked he'll get a payout.

A lot of fans say that McCall left us in the shit last year, but IMO it was quite the opposite. He knew he was no longer up to the task and left to the benefit of the club, something I admire him for (then again, I love McCall from his time here, so I might be biased).

Nah, I genuinely disliked McCall as a manager (regardless of his league finishes) but even I could see that him walking was to the club's benefit. He may have had an eye on the Sevco job and didn't want to risk further damage to his CV but whatever the reason him electing to walk was a favourable turn for us. I can understand why the club tried to get him to stay based on his previous record unfortunately Baraclough doesn't have that to fall back on.

There's nothing to suggest this is getting turned round and it's naive in the extreme for the club to sit about waiting on him to walk. I'd also suggest that it's quite weak if they're expecting the manager to make their decision for them. They appointed him and in fairness have backed him, it hasn't worked out. It's not the first time it's happened at a football club and won't be the last. Ultimately they need to take control of the situation though. It's their responsibility, simply sitting around hoping it gets better just delays a decision that at the moment looks completely inevitable and doesn't help anyone involved.

Anyway, I think we'll scrape by on Saturday and lose to Dundee the week after

Chalmers, Leitch, Taylor, Johnson, Robinson - shouldn't be in contention for Saturday's game

Whilst I cant argue with some folk having the opinion that Skippy has done hee haw this season and that his attitude is questionable - there is no doubt he has quality, he needs to play, but he needs to play in the right position

Thomas was the one player last night who actually showed it mattered last night - he should never have been subbed, however, when Skippy and Ainsworth came on - you could see the difference in tempo straight away.

Samson, Law, Kennedy, Mick, Hammy, Ainsworth, Grimshaw, Lasley, Thomas, Skippy, Moult - 442, that has to be the team for Saturday

If there are any hidden T&Cs with Taylor's contract, with regards to that he must play every week - then I'd happily see him return to Reading

Leitch - lots of people on here gave Carswell stick, but this pre season and so far into this season, every time I have seen Leitch - he looks a mile out, constantly giving the ball away - I'd rather have Carswell in the team than Leitch

I mentioned in another thread that I liked the look of Grimshaw - and last night did not change that, but when he has the ball, no one is making a run or wanting to take it off him

Patrick is certainly going to easier than Dundee - but something has to change

Robinson should never play for us again - Thomas was right to have a go at him last night, and I would love to have seen/heard what was said after FT last night

Chalmers - cost us the Accies game and last night I was not impressed either

Someone mentioned it earlier - altho Las is getting on, and Hammy is not what he used to be - you sure do miss those players & personalities when they are not playing

COYW

If the clown is in charge on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised to see us line up with

Lasley,

McManus, Laing

McDonald

Samson, Twardzik, Moult

Ainsworth

Hammell

Chalmers, Thomas

Seriously though

Ripley

Watt\Law, Kennedy, Laing, Hammell

Ainsworth, Lasley, Grimshaw, Thomas

McDonald, Moult

With Skippy being told he'll be fined if he crosses back into our half for anything other than defending a corner. I'd also be telling Ainsworth his pay packet will be halved if he doesn't want to help defend as well.