Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 26 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Am I alone in thinking that Grimshaw was brutal? Astonished to see folk saying he did well. I thought he was all over the place.

Same with myself. He was continually 3 or 4 yards behind the defensive line. His distribution was poor at times too. Saying that, willing to give him a few matches ahead of Law.

I thought he was terrible

I actually laughed at this post:

A perfect example of selective vision? in an attempt to promote one players capability over others

Aye, pretty much my feelings. He was nearly sitting next to me in the main when their left winger walked past him.

Perhaps a little unfair with brutal, but room for improvement, certainly.

Thats an astonishing stat with McLean.

Aye, pretty much my feelings. He was nearly sitting next to me in the main when their left winger walked past him.

Aye but neither of the 2 centre backs had to come out of the middle to cover for him

Know Laing can be a bit irrational but he always has to think that he has to cover for Law

As much as Kennedy had a great game on Saturday would like to see him at right back Laing at centre back along with McManus and Grimshaw in the middle with Lasley

Aye but neither of the 2 centre backs had to come out of the middle to cover for him

Know Laing can be a bit irrational but he always has to think that he has to cover for Law

As much as Kennedy had a great game on Saturday would like to see him at right back Laing at centre back along with McManus and Grimshaw in the middle with Lasley

I wouldn't split McManus and Kennedy look like they have the makings of a solid partnership. I do agree reference Grimshaw I thought he wasn't any better than Law at right back.

Room for improvment is where I would pitch it, I'm not writing him off just yet, but he was far from flawless, any of our previous opponents would have probably scored goals like they did if he had played.agaisnt them

the other posters insistance that he had a perfect game compared to predecessors genuinely made me laugh, while there was something more steady, he did indeed get roasted a few times early on and lost his man in set pieces, and was often playing everyone onside many yards behind our line.

but your point about watching the game from the O'Donnell stand , maybe is a pertinent factor, as that was also my vantage point (north end), maybe his flaws, especially 1st half, were simply not seen by many?

Ps. Ainsworths and Lasleys support was duly noted supporting him many a time, leaving the centre backs to do their job

The boy was making his first ever league start, had a poor first half but settled down in the second half and finished well in the last 15 when were under pressure.

We don't have an obvious solution at right back and if Watt isn't ready it's one of Grimshaw, Law or Reid. We know for certain that two them are hopeless. Grimshaw might come onto a game.