Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 26 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Jackson is the defensive minded midfielder at Ross county with woods or gardyne pushing forward to support

Gardyne played up front against us, along side Boyce, with Rocco Quinn playing along side Jackson Irvine in midfield and De Vita and Franks in the wide positions.

Irvine is good on the ball, technically composed and has strong game awareness, he's not a midfield terrier like, say, Lasley. We don't have a player with that intelligence and ability, except Pearson of course.

Think we'll line up 4-4-2.

Will be interesting to see who's in goals, and who's on the bench in that keeper spot. I think he'll go with...

Ripley

Law

McManus

Laing

Hammell

Ainsworth

Lasley

Grimshaw

Johnson

Moult

McDonald

On paper that's a top 6 team potentially!

I'd go for that or pretty close to it and play 4-4-2 Perhaps it's not so much the individual players but the system/or tactics employed by the manager. You either have to play the system that best suits your players or buy the ones that fit into your sytem of play. I think Baraclough done neither of these. COYW 3 - 1 the good guys

I would go for

Ripley

Watt Kennedy Laing. Charmers

Ainsworth. Lasley Grimshaw

Skippy

Moult. Robinson

Just hate when we have to play a team who can't score or have not won in ages ! We normaly feck it up !!! Anyone no how long hammell out for said last week he was going under the knife again !!

Is Hammell actually injured or has he just been rested the past couple of games? If he's fit I'd imagine he'd be in. I'd think we'd maybe try and balance the midfield by going with Chalmers on the left. By all accounts the Thistle right back is pretty rapid.

Like others I've very interested to see what sort of team Craigan puts out. Given he's been talking him up a lot recently I wonder if we might see Cadden get a game. Given it's against Thistle it wouldn't be outrageous to start him then switch with Grimshaw after about 60 mins.

Ripley

Kennedy - Laing - McManus - Hammell

Ainsworth - Lasley - Cadden - Chalmers

Moult - McDonald

• Like 1

Kennedy was one of a very few who looked remotely up for it on Wednesday , I'd have him and Mick at centre backs( I think Mick will raise his game as the prospect of a new boss looms) Chalmers is steady but needs support wide left, which Johnson hasn't done. Thomas wide left with a clear brief about tracking back

Law, I thought he finished the season well, was utterly lost on Wed and I'd leave him out. If Watt is out of it, is Reid worth a chance(can't believe I just suggested that)

Centre mid I'd have Las and Grimshaw, who grafted solidly on Wed but his passing was poor but not helped by a shocking lack of movement and options in front of him.

Ainsworth wide right, McDonald and Moult as a front 2 , Robinson got no service but showed no desire to fight for possession.

Oh aye, Ripley in goals, he had the good grace to look mortified after the final whistle and played solidly enough. Not a game to have a change of keeper

• Like 1

I think Cadden will feature at some stage of the game as he's rated by Craigan. Like the thought of Kennedy at right back also as Law is the weakest link and teams know that.

Alternatively there was chat about Grimshaw having played right back for United's u21s so possibly he might be an option there and keep Kennedy in the centre. Though I'd imagine if we've got him in on loan and United see him as a CM the he'd be expected to be playing there.

I'm wondering if there will be any omissions from the squad on Saturday as punishment for the dressing room bust up on Tuesday night. Les Hutchison was pretty bealin on the radio with his comments about some of the players and how they should be ashamed of themselves.

Pure speculation mind, but everyone else is doing it, so when in Rome!

• Like 1

Kennedy was one of a very few who looked remotely up for it on Wednesday , I'd have him and Mick at centre backs( I think Mick will raise his game as the prospect of a new boss looms) Chalmers is steady but needs support wide left, which Johnson hasn't done. Thomas wide left with a clear brief about tracking back

Law, I thought he finished the season well, was utterly lost on Wed and I'd leave him out. If Watt is out of it, is Reid worth a chance(can't believe I just suggested that)

Centre mid I'd have Las and Grimshaw, who grafted solidly on Wed but his passing was poor but not helped by a shocking lack of movement and options in front of him.

Ainsworth wide right, McDonald and Moult as a front 2 , Robinson got no service but showed no desire to fight for possession.

Oh aye, Ripley in goals, he had the good grace to look mortified after the final whistle and played solidly enough. Not a game to have a change of keeper

Exactly this.

Is Hammell actually injured or has he just been rested the past couple of games? If he's fit I'd imagine he'd be in. I'd think we'd maybe try and balance the midfield by going with Chalmers on the left. By all accounts the Thistle right back is pretty rapid.

Like others I've very interested to see what sort of team Craigan puts out. Given he's been talking him up a lot recently I wonder if we might see Cadden get a game. Given it's against Thistle it wouldn't be outrageous to start him then switch with Grimshaw after about 60 mins.

Ripley

Moult - McDonald

Quote in the paper said he was getting surgery on his groin !!

Ripley

Moult - McDonald

Would be my formation and line up with the exception of Dom Thomas for Chalmers. I'd accept Grimshaw in place of Cadden as we've not seen much of either. However, Hammell is injured, he has a groin problem and will be out for a couple of weeks at least. So Chalmers has to go in at left back.

• Like 1

It amuses me that Baraclough was criticised for not knowing what formation or starting eleven to play from the squad...

...then I read the myriad of apparent correct choices in this thread.

Imagine the highly paid manager of the club being held to a higher standard than fans on a forum.

The poor guy.

Looking at the upcoming games we really could do with 3 points here.

Ripley

Reid - Laing - Kennedy - Chalmers

Ainsworth - Lasley - Grimshaw - Johnson

Moult - McDonald

That's how id line up. I've not given up on Robinson yet but he doesn't deserve to start. I wouldn't be adverse to Thomas starting ahead of ainsworth as the latter usually makes a good impact off the bench. I'll greet if Jake Taylor starts.