Is The Club Heading In The Right Direction ?

Spiderpig

The club are trying to head in the right direction but for some reason it's not working.

I think tying in the longer term plans of churning players out, selling players on etc is in complete opposition to what has to be done short term during seasons of struggle ie battling relegation last season and this season. So for two years we've got a situation which is impacting our ability to implement the long term plan.

From being a layman looking in on it, that's what I see. But I could be wrong and it could be all fucked from top to bottom.

Im going to break a long held silence and say our now General Manager would literally give his balls for this club so for anyone to doubt his commitment for anything Motherwell related are miles off. Sure this team is not producing and I for one do not believe in the luck factor however it is capable of first and foremost of dragging us clear of the Killie United struggle. Beyond this season I am unsure of the answer weve tried the foreign mogul, the jet setting millionaire approach so where do we go? I for one say lets start pre season with those who want this club to exist in 50 years, those who know what it means to pull on the C&A and maybe even instill in those who don't what it means to us all. So for all the Mcghee GTF and the AB out brigrade lets focus on something bigger so much more important MFC!!! The team for me....

Im going to break a long held silence and say our now General Manager would literally give his balls for this club so for anyone to doubt his commitment for anything Motherwell related are miles off

I'm sure every motherwell fan in his position would gave their balls, but we would still be way out our depth.

• Like 3

I heard a horrible rumour that Administration could come this week

There is a board meeting on Monday

I hope to God I am wrong.

Wow. I heard a rumour that lizards rule the world.

What! The board are meeting! OMG!!!

It's OK. You are.

I am still not 100% convinced the club is heading in the right direction as regards ownership Fans and/or rich tax exiles, but on the field I think we are getting there. Yes we have had a very bad January, needless points lost in the League and dumped out of the cup, but some people need to chill out a bit, look at the league table, there are only 9 points separating 4th from 11th so string 2 or 3 wins in a row and we could be in 4th place, so we need to toughen up and see games out when we are in winning positions. The race this year is not to finish 11th, as barring an unlikely change in their form Dundee untd are down, there are still 42 points to play for and I am confident that McGhee will get it right, the signs have been there in recent weeks that we have the makings of a decent team, but if we want to climb the league we need to be more ruthless and kill teams off, defending in the other teams half in the closing minutes of games would be a start.

So now is the time for the fans to get behind the team and the manager, and who knows our next 4 league games are V Killie, Dundee Untd, St Johnstone and Partick all very winnable games so take 9 or 10 points from those and we could even be as high as 4th, so lets wait and see.

There is no question we are a better team than the Baraclough days but the Tynecastle result and performance appears to have spooked McGhee and possibly the players. At the time I thought we would respond to the 6-0 result quite strongly but instead our confidence has been thread-bare.

We've went from a team that went toe to toe at Pittodrie and Parkhead to a team that tries to almost contain/nullify mediocre opposition. Indeed at one point last year McGhee said he spent little time on the training ground coaching defending because he wants to play attacking football and make the most of his squad. So it is time for him to return to his original ethos because with Pearson, Skippy, Johnson, Ainsworth and Moult at our disposal in addition to young Cadden breaking through, we should be blowing teams away in this league.

To be fair to McGhee, he could argue that this isn't his team and he possibly didn't get the backing he was promised in January. However, for us to persevere with a man of his ego in the long run, I think we need a positive run that sees us well clear of relegation bother by the time we hit the split.

There is no question we are a better team than the Baraclough days but the Tynecastle result and performance appears to have spooked McGhee and possibly the players. At the time I thought we would respond to the 6-0 result quite strongly but instead our confidence has been thread-bare.

We've went from a team that went toe to toe at Pittodrie and Parkhead to a team that tries to almost contain/nullify mediocre opposition. Indeed at one point last year McGhee said he spent little time on the training ground coaching defending because he wants to play attacking football and make the most of his squad. So it is time for him to return to his original ethos because with Pearson, Skippy, Johnson, Ainsworth and Moult at our disposal in addition to young Cadden breaking through, we should be blowing teams away in this league.

Thats true although the trick is to play these players together in a way that they complement each other; in fairness to McGhee maybe not easy. That said, we also have players like Hammell, Lasley, and McManus who are all past their sell by date. Add to that players like Josh Law and Joe Chalmers who are out of depth at this level and you can understand why McGhee is experiencing problems. What I find especially frustrating at the moment is that we're repeating the same mistakes week after week. As I wrote earlier, you didn't have to be a nuclear physicist to foresee the problems that yesterday's line up and tactics was going to cause us. We'd been there before.

Im sure our general manager is Motherwell to the core. But since Leanne Dempster left even the happiest of clappers would have to admit it's been a shambles on and off the park... Ian Barraclown? Giving ownership to a retired self made millionaire in Barbados who has no interest in what's happening and just wants his money back in a few years time has been a major mistake also. We need a consortium of HOME BASED businessmen who care about our club to run it IN CONJUNCTION with the Well Society because we simply dont have a big enough fan base for soul fan ownership... We aint Hearts we dont have 8000 fans except in cup finals where 18000 come out the woodwork. I do fear for us in the near future.

And where are we going to find that? The club was for sale and available for years to any such group, and nobody wanted it.

There's the problem in a nutshell. In the grand scheme of things, it costs peanuts to own a club like ours. If you're an EPL club, the fees you receive for 2 live games are more than it cost Les to buy our club. But the people who would buy it don't have that kind of money and the people who have that kind of money would never buy our club.

We have a total clown as general manager who has surrounded himself with his pals. That's where we need to start the clear out.

Can someone tell me what 'Flow's duties are? A lot of folk seem to have an issue with him. Also what "pals" has he surrounded himself with?

I heard a horrible rumour that Administration could come this week

There is a board meeting on Monday

I hope to God I am wrong.

So, What went down here?

Seems thankfully what I heard was shite. The days not over or even the season for that matter, but it does seem unlikely.

Sorry for being an overreacting prick, but when I heard that I felt duty bound to say something. Please carry on (abusing Mark McGhee, various playing staff, each other) as normal.

'Mon the 'Well

• Like 1

We have a total clown as general manager who has surrounded himself with his pals. That's where we need to start the clear out.

With the removal of the dislike button, I'll just say that post is both shite and snide in equal measure.

If your views are based on fact, well then list them. However I'm pretty sure it's just half arsed keyboard rantery.

Do other club's supporters obsess over their administrative staff as much as ours do? If AB left, would we have a thread discussing his replacement? The owner and the board decide where the money goes, the GM does what the board tells him.

As far as direction, we've had a pretty decent time of it post-administration with a decent few cup runs, league finishes, and European games. There have been some dips in there, but we are currently in a worse lull than the Malpas season, and we are getting by on other teams being worse right now.

Employing an unknown quantity after McCall was the wrong decision, and his signing policy has set us back a few years. We are going to see another large turnover of players in the summer, and I'll admit that I'm not too keen on McGhee being the guy to recruit our next squad based on his record with signings.

• Like 1