Is The Club Heading In The Right Direction ?

Spiderpig

...we are getting by on other teams being worse

One year we will be the worst. Whether it’s this year or some other year, it will happen at some point. The only team that is immune from this fate is Celtic, where a bad season would constitute finishing second in the league and not winning a cup. So far it’s been Dundee United and any side that finishes below them in the league this season will deserve to be relegated.

Do other club's supporters obsess over their administrative staff as much as ours do? If AB left, would we have a thread discussing his replacement? The owner and the board decide where the money goes, the GM does what the board tells him.

As far as direction, we've had a pretty decent time of it post-administration with a decent few cup runs, league finishes, and European games. There have been some dips in there, but we are currently in a worse lull than the Malpas season, and we are getting by on other teams being worse right now.

Employing an unknown quantity after McCall was the wrong decision, and his signing policy has set us back a few years. We are going to see another large turnover of players in the summer, and I'll admit that I'm not too keen on McGhee being the guy to recruit our next squad based on his record with signings.

I would doubt it. The more some fans know the more they want to know. Fan ownership will serve to increase this phenomenon. Other fans like Al B feel threatened by information overload and that has to be dealt with.

Do other club's supporters obsess over their administrative staff as much as ours do? If AB left, would we have a thread discussing his replacement? The owner and the board decide where the money goes, the GM does what the board tells him.

As far as direction, we've had a pretty decent time of it post-administration with a decent few cup runs, league finishes, and European games. There have been some dips in there, but we are currently in a worse lull than the Malpas season, and we are getting by on other teams being worse right now.

Employing an unknown quantity after McCall was the wrong decision, and his signing policy has set us back a few years. We are going to see another large turnover of players in the summer, and I'll admit that I'm not too keen on McGhee being the guy to recruit our next squad based on his record with signings.

Agree with you on some of our supports obsession with admin staff, it really bore the tits off me!

Thought your point about McGhee's record with signings was a wee bit unfair though. I thought some of his signings in his first spell were pretty decent, he didn't really bring in many players but the players he brought in did fairly well for us. Given some of his loan signings were hit and miss but on the whole they did a job.

Just out of interest;

2007-08 Transfers In

Chris Porter

Stevie Hammell

Stephen Hughes

Bob Malcolm

2008-09 Transfers In

John Sutton

Jim O'Brien

Loans In

Simon Lappin

Cillian Sheridan

Maros Klimpl

Lewis Grabban

Luke Daniels

Arthur Krysiak

Gunnar Nielsen

Semih Aydilek

Something else dislikes this

I wonder where the rumours of administration are coming from. A jambo in the work said he heard it on sunday and its been posted on a couple of other clubs forums.

Good to know you're seeing this, but just deciding to ignore it.

FWIW, if you stick 'Motherwell administration' into twitter, you get folk 'hearing' we're about to be in administration in 2014, 2013, 2012 and probably further back too. Remarkably, we're still here.

That said, the GM you don't rate for reasons known only to yourself refuted it as nonsense yesterday, so barge on.

Is the club going in the right direction? No. Not even close.

To be fair, when the whole of Scottish football (and arguably the entire professional game) is going in the wrong direction, it's difficult to know how any club could swim against that particular tide.