Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Am I the only person who would actually prefer that the club give Craggs some time to see how he does before rushing out to appoint someone else? It could be the case that we have our next manager already.

A couple of games at most.We're not in a position where we can be giving somebody 2/3 months if it's not really working.If he starts with a couple of good results then keep him but if we're just as shite then get somebody in during the next international break and give them a couple of weeks before their first game.

Henrik Larsson, he'd get a few guys on loan from Celtic and probably has decent connections around Europe, would have the respect of the players + he should be able to get more out of our forwards.Doubt it would cost much to get him off the Swedish minnows (if he's still there).

Just experience. There are far more proven managers id have before any first timer.

I'd rather give someone who's new to the managerial game an opportunity than go down the road of hiring someone who's likely been sacked before just because they have experience.

If Crags comes in and does a good job then he should be in with a shout of getting the job full-time.

we could break new ground and have a 4 man player manager combo (Lasley/McManus/Hammell/McDonald). They seem to call the shots!!!

Aye, while clearly it wasn't working out with Baraclough, the rumours of senior players undermining him does the club no credit at all. A change of manager may help short term but clearly bigger problems there.

To be fair to Lasley, at least he was still putting in 100% every week...

Depends what sort of budget we've got. In honesty I wasn't particularly taken with any of the shortlisted names last time round. I had kind of put that down the fact the club seemed caught out with our slide and McCall walking last season. I wonder if this time round they've had a few names in contingency in case it didn't work out with Bara.

Would be pleased if we could avoid the likes of Calderwood, Houston, Shiels and that sort. Similarly though I think we need to knock the more left field appointments (Gannon, Baraclough) on the head for the time being.