Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Said it a few times, but Mark McGhee is my pick of the bunch. Anyone who can make a player out of Jim Paterson & Steven McGarry and make David Clarkson so good that an English club would spend £650,000 on him is alright in my books!

McGhee wouldn't be a bad shout but can't see him coming back due to the animosity when he left the last time.

Said it a few times, but Mark McGhee is my pick of the bunch. Anyone who can make a player out of Jim Paterson & Steven McGarry and make David Clarkson so good that an English club would spend £650,000 on him is alright in my books!

Scary thought - we received £900k in transfer fees for clarkson and slim Jim. The clarkson fee must be up there with the worst business Bristol city ever done

Take with a huge pinch of salt...just names out the air at the moment as well as any names they accept if suggested from twitter etc.

Craigan 3/1

VDG 5/1

Mixu 6/1

Stuart McCall 8/1

Lasley, Peter Houston, Billy Reid 10/1

Steve Lomas, James Fowler, Steven Pressley, Stevie Frail 12/1

https://m.mcbookie.com/sports/3/meetings/126456098/events/641935800/markets/57729787/outcomes

very much a rerun of the Gannon departure, the old heads holding sway against the incomer( I would venture a parallel withthe LeGuen- Ferguson precedent at Ibrox too)

I agree IB was clearly floundering but to what degree do we wonder why player power has done more to get their boss the sack than it did to get us picking up points ?

I think everyone at the club - players,coaching staff, general manager, owner- needs to have a long hard think about how they allowed the present situation to develop and fester. Learn from the mistakes and don't repeat them

12/1 for Lomas is a reasonable shout....irish connection with Craigan and Robinson, also Macdonald at Millwall.

No thanks Craigan / McCall / Houston / Reid / Frail

St Johnstone fans weren't to sad to see Lomas go.It was always rumoured he liked shaggin receptionists and Tommy Wright was the football brain.

very much a rerun of the Gannon departure, the old heads holding sway against the incomer( I would venture a parallel withthe LeGuen- Ferguson precedent at Ibrox too)

I agree IB was clearly floundering but to what degree do we wonder why player power has done more to get their boss the sack than it did to get us picking up points ?

I think everyone at the club - players,coaching staff, general manager, owner- needs to have a long hard think about how they allowed the present situation to develop and fester. Learn from the mistakes and don't repeat them

Gannon was sacked because he was shouting and swearing at Dempster after the St Johnstone match at christmas and that was the final straw for Boyle. There was also the thing with Brighton where he was pushing his luck. He should have been gone well before that for team selections and a refusal to play Reynolds and Craigan together (who set a clean sheet record as soon as he left).

The players were against him but it wasn't just the old heads. Young players and Gannon signings were slating him at Craigan's do in Daniels after the 3-3 game at Paisley.

Barraclough and Gannon are both unsuited to football management and have proved it everywhere they have been. What they are good at is reeling people in with meaninglessness talk about playing styles, new ideas and young players.

Don't even know where to start with this.Ideally you would want someone to do all the things that Baraclough said he would however in reality, we just need to stop getting beat at the moment.

Until the end of the season, I would be happy to take on a manager who knows how to get things organised and also carries a bit of gravitas. We seem to have a few billy big baws in the dressing room so someone capable of knocking them down a peg wouldn't go a miss.

I have to be honest, we are crying out for a McLean type figure. We might not win every game with great flare but that type of manager would sure as hell make sure we don't get beat either.

Who ever has applied already must be of the mindset "they hired baraclough, so I much have a chance". My worry is that it's the same group of folk who are making this appointment, and they thought bara was the bollocks.

I would like to think that the directors on the football committee, now that it is set up, would be the ones doing the interviewing alongside Hutchison. So, that would be Weir/Reid/Kellie.

That was not in place when Baraclough was appointed.

Their key objectives as of Feb this year: "The key objectives of the committee are to raise additional revenue in the transfer market and help the club remain in the SPFL Premiership"