Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

As much as the glamour appeal of getting a fallen star et al Malky McKay, Nigel Clough or (you're too young to remember if you're seriously considering this bloke) Billy Davies, is really strong, does it actually fit with the long term strategy highlighted by Les H?

Whoever is the new appointment, I expect they will be expected to accept that the back room staff in place will be the back room staff that they inherit. That may well be a deterrent to some otherwise credible candidates.

As much as Ian Baraclough couldn't pick his own nose, he's assembled the makings of a squad that should in the very least, stear us away from the armageddon scenario of last season.

I believe that the new manager will have some reasonably decent talent to choose from and (if he gets them playing to within 80% of their potential) will have no immediate pressure to rush out and buy in the January window.

As much as I don't want a pensioner in charge ie McLean, brown, knox, Calderwood etc what we need right now is somebody that knows the Scottish game to come in and do the kind of job brown done when he came in.ie steadying the ship, stop us losing soft goals and get the teams confidence up.

Problem is most of that type of Scottish manager already have jobs and are we tempting enough as a club to lure somebody away from the job they have? Is Owen coyle still looking for a job?

According to @Agentscotland on Twitter, there has been 40+ applicants. Strachan has recommended Craigan as we are looking for someone who knows the club and league and can hit the ground running by all accounts.

To be fair Craigan might be a good choice, decent coach by all accounts, probably well liked in the dressing room, knows the Scottish game, can handle the media.

Also listened to Kenny Shiels I would not be surprised if he comes to club along with Craggs and Robinson as they all know each other, he said he would be willing to work with the current staff.

If a new manager like MVG came along I presume he would want his own staff so that would cost us more money

Valakari looks to have done pretty well in Finland although I have no idea how much of a feat that is :laugh:

Took over the team in 2012 just after they were promoted to the 2nd tier, finished 2nd in his first season, 1st the following season and promotion then 2nd last year in the top league. They are currently sitting top of the league with 4 games left.

Also noticed while I was looking this up that Harri Kampman got the sack a couple of years back :spiteful: