Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Also listened to Kenny Shiels I would not be surprised if he comes to club along with Craggs and Robinson as they all know each other, he said he would be willing to work with the current staff.

If a new manager like MVG came along I presume he would want his own staff so that would cost us more money

Why presume that? MVG ia not exactly a manager bestowed in success to demand that type of thing.

The club appointed Kenny Black, not McCall. They appointed Robinson, Craigan and the sports coach, not Baraclough.

I dont see that changing this time around.

I know a lot of Killie fans who really liked Shiels. Was great with young players and really bought into the community club ethos. They also played attractive passing football and won a cup under him. He might have a lot to say for himself but I dont think he would be the worst choice. That said, I think my Killie supporting chums would be much more annoyed if we got Mixu.......

Why presume that? MVG ia not exactly a manager bestowed in success to demand that type of thing.

The club appointed Kenny Black, not McCall. They appointed Robinson, Craigan and the sports coach, not Baraclough.

I dont see that changing this time around.

Totally disagree re MVG I can't see how he would be happy working with what's here already

I thought Bara had a major role in appointing Robinson as did McCall with Black.

Kenny Shiels on Sportsound just now basically doing a public interview for the job. Bloody hell.

...whilst also bumming up Rangers as a better team right now than the entire top flight bar Celtic. :huh:

I don't want to go back to the days of a Motherwell manager fawning over the Old Firm to the point that we'd be as well not turning up.

...whilst also bumming up Rangers as a better team right now than the entire top flight bar Celtic. :huh:

I don't want to go back to the days of a Motherwell manager fawning over the Old Firm to the point that we'd be as well not turning up.

Shiels beat Rangers home and away, Celtic in a cup final, Celtic at Parkhead and we drew 3-3 with Celtic at RP.

To put that into context we'd not won at Parkhead in 57 years (had been champions of Scotland and runners up 4 times in that time) and hadn't beaten Rangers at home in 18 years.

If performances and morale pick up with Craigan in charge, an option could be to appoint a director of football to mentor him, similar to what hearts have set up with Levein and Neilson.

Would also like to see someone like McFadden replace Craigan by taking the U20s and see us implement succession planning with Lasley likely to be retained on a coaching capacity beyond the season.

• Like 1

Shiels is another that talks a good game, I watched Ballymena United about 12 years ago when he took over there, it started reasonably well for him but before the season was finished he was arguing with authorities, players and even fans.

At Morton he was a disaster too and was in charge when they got hammered by Accies when the players stopped playing for him.