Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

On the face of it, Simo would be an attractive proposition, he has an excellent record for such a young manager.

What we don't know is, how much did he have to spend? What was the quality of the squad he inherited and what is the quality of the opposition? I used to have an awesome managerial record for my Sunday league team but I'd be pish Motherwell manager.

I love all this patter about Henry and what he'd bring to the club with all of his 'contacts'.....it's very reminiscent of when I tried to convince the pregnant wife that the Subaru Impreza sti that I always wanted would've been the perfect family car.

Edited by Gadgey
  • Like 1

Well we won't have to worry about any knee jerk appointment with Leanne about. Then again given the nonsense she spouts perhaps we should be worried. Anyway given that she trailed the reason for Baraclough's departure with her comments about the players I look forward to her next pearls of wisdom to let us know who the new manager will be.

Can't understand this obsession among some supporters to get ex players like MVG who was average at best, valakari again average at best in as the next manager. Both of them like Barraclough have had very little if any success as a manager so it did not work with IB why would the other 2 be any different?

• Like 1

On the face of it, Simo would be an attractive proposition, he has an excellent record for such a young manager.

What we don't know is, how much did he have to spend? What was the quality of the squad he inherited and what is the quality of the opposition? I used to have an awesome managerial record for my Sunday league team but I'd be pish Motherwell manager.

Well the club have won 3 honours in their history, two of which were under Valakari's leadership.

Can't understand this obsession among some supporters to get ex players like MVG who was average at best, valakari again average at best in as the next manager. Both of them like Barraclough have had very little if any success as a manager so it did not work with IB why would the other 2 be any different?

Yeah possibly 3 trophies in 2 years in little success compared to all the previous multi trophy winning managers we've hired like eh.......

.... Got nothing sorry

Yeah possibly 3 trophies in 2 years in little success compared to all the previous multi trophy winning managers we've hired like eh.......

.... Got nothing sorry

Aye right IB managed a league winning side and look how that turned out. How good is is the Finnish league probably on a par with the Irish one, no idea where MVG is so don't know what success he had.

We need somebody who has SPL experience,we tried the bold appointment last time with IB we can't afford to make the same mistake now

I'm not sure I'd say that someone with SPL experience should be a deal breaker.

Someone who knows the Scottish game would definitely be desirable but to be honest I think the bare minimum should be a candidate who has managed at a decent level with a reasonable amount of success (ie: not league of Ireland, league 2 or the conference) and shown that they can actually coach and put a competitive team out on the park.

I seem to remember Hasselbaink being mentioned last time around and he's gone on to do well with Burton but I really don't think we're in a position to take punt on an inexperienced guy at the moment or an unknown like we did with Gannon & Baraclough.

I love all this patter about Henry and what he'd bring to the club with all of his 'contacts'.....it's very reminiscent of when I tried to convince the pregnant wife that the Subaru Impreza sti that I always wanted would've been the perfect family

They have been relatively well off but are a very unfashionable side (I asked my friend in Helsinki) but he does rate the job he has done and it looks like they are about to win the Finnish league this season. Credentials are there but it is a different league and I suspect he hasn't been in Scotland for quite some time.