Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

About Valakari.

He has done some good job with his club SJK and previosly with youth teams in Helsinki. A very talented but still quite unexperienced manager. He has done well with SJK but the club was only founded in 2007, so it's not really a miraculous achievement if you are the most succesfull manager in the history of the club....SJK has always had a bid budget in Finnish standards and getting promotion to Veikkausliiga was the least they expected from Valakari. This season has been a bit weird in Finland since HJK which should be the number one team in Finland has been the worst team in the league after July, and thanks to that SJK have a good chance in securing their first league title. Then again SJK do have the second biggest budget in the league.

Still so far Simo's managerial career has been a big success. Can't be worse than Mixu.

• Like 1

I would love it for Craigan to be manager and be a success purely for sentimental reasons. However, I also thought some of the things he said today were a bit worrying like we are doing not too bad and that we just need a bit more effort and that the shape is fine. It's only an interview but if he sticks McDonald in midfield because the shape is "good" then I give up.

• Like 1

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought Craigan's interview was worrying. We have been abysmal this season - and last. It's nothing to do with fine margins, being a yard or two short or whatever, we simply haven't been good enough and to try and sugarcoat it is baffling. That was a Baraclough interview 2.0.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought Craigan's interview was worrying. We have been abysmal this season - and last. It's nothing to do with fine margins, being a yard or two short or whatever, we simply haven't been good enough and to try and sugarcoat it is baffling. That was a Baraclough interview 2.0.

FFS He's not even had a game in temporary charge yet and he is getting slated..I feckin despair at some of the comments on here. Honestly we could announce Klopp Mourinho or Guardiola as our new manager and we would still get the feckin negative dross.

FFS He's not even had a game in temporary charge yet and he is getting slated..I feckin despair at some of the comments on here. Honestly we could announce Klopp Mourinho or Guardiola as our new manager and we would still get the feckin negative dross.

Och don't be so melodramatic, I don't think anyone is slating him but just have a bit of concern over how he has viewed the season as a piece. Do you agree with Craigan's assessment that we have been beaten by fine margins recently?

• Like 2

I thought Craigclowns interview was fine. We have decent players, we are not far away, we need a few players to step up one level, people need someone to point the finger at, football is simple. (aye, he was talking to you 442, 4411, 4231, and recently 4213, people)

There are fine margins, the difference is a few inches, feet, yards.

We have been 'unlucky'

This league will have a right few teams within a right few points.

My only fear is, you can only be unlucky so many times before you are crap.

Honestly, on their game, pick a combined Motherwell/Partick team - there will (should) be more Well players in it.

Give the players confidence and reason to fight and we'll be fine.

Don't know if this has been posted, apologies if it has. Some of the stuff in the 2nd half of this is quite interesting in terms of new manager: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13783224.Motherwell_chairman_Brian_McCafferty__Letting_Ian_Baraclough_go_was_the_right_thing_for_him_and_club/

What concerns me a bit about that article is that it seems like mccafferty and Co on the interview panel seemed to be swayed by all of the community club stuff spouted by IB and never thought to look at his record in being able to put a winning team on the park. Hope this changes for the next appointment.

• Like 2

What concerns me a bit about that article is that it seems like mccafferty and Co on the interview panel seemed to be swayed by all of the community club stuff spouted by IB and never thought to look at his record in being able to put a winning team on the park. Hope this changes for the next appointment.

Quite. Or they looked at his relative success with Sligo but drastically underestimated the relative gap between the two leagues and circumstances.

For me, in terms of the manager position the whole community club patter should be a distant second to the question "do you know how to set up a back 4 properly and stop conceding goals from crosses at this level?"

• Like 1

He won a league title and 2 cups before he joined us. Of course it was in Ireland, but it's still more than McCall, McGhee, Buther etc. had won as managers.

Isn't it amazing how some people interpret the same information dependent upon their own viewpoint?????

For example the Craigan press conference. Some folk already touting big Crags as the man for the job and using the blokes obvious comfort in front of a camera as justification of his managerial abilities. Then on the other hand, some already claiming the guys a fud and should not be allowed near the place cos big Crags disnae know the difference between margins and a mile oot!!!!

In all honesty, what the fuck did anyone expect the bloke to say? He was about to take over the running of a football team that was obviously low in confidence, seemingly lacking in motivation, seemingly absent of team cohesion and only one cuffing away from a total collapse. He's never going to go on record as saying "they're all a bunch of pricks and I'm gonny be a wrecking ball" cos that would be just bloody stupid.

So maybe for balance, listen again to what he said regarding the number of players playing to their potential on a match day and the numbers who aren't. The players will know who exactly who he's talking about and it'll be his job to get them to respond. Why don't we just do as he himself suggested and let him show his capability for the job on Saturday.

• Like 8