Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Anyone think that Stubbs could be in the frame? He was close to getting job when McCall was appointed and is not guaranteed to get to SPFL with Hibs. Has experience of bringing through youth with Everton too

I'm fairly sure Dempster likes him, hence why he was named a few times when she was Chief Exec at Motherwell and he ended up at Hibs. Can't see it; like superward says he's in the mix for the Rotherham post, too.

Ladbrokes
Malky Mackay Motherwell Next Permanent Manager
8/1
Surely not but very short odds from Ladbrokes, might just be that someone has put load on this as most other bookies have him at 20's+. Don't shoot the messenger just thought it looked very interesting compared to other bookies.

This thread is a full of just about nothing:

Ladbrokes
Malky Mackay Motherwell Next Permanent Manager
8/1
Surely not but very short odds from Ladbrokes, might just be that someone has put load on this as most other bookies have him at 20's+. Don't shoot the messenger just thought it looked very interesting compared to other bookies.

at least some logic to this one, and

back in the day was Malky not pumpin a posters mum? vague recollections of someone getting ribbed over it a for a good while

This thread is a full of just about nothing:

at least some logic to this one, and

back in the day was Malky not pumpin a posters mum? vague recollections of someone getting ribbed over it a for a good while

Part right. Not Mr Mackay... but, definitely a posters mum getting pumped :spiteful:

Does anyone else feel that this process seems to take too long? I can understand the theory that the club must take time to get the right man but back in November the process was lengthy and it appears now that we got the wrong man.

Dundee Utd have been manager-less for 10 days and could be close, if rumour is to believed in appointing shortly. Liverpool look as though they will take less than 7 days to appointment.

It is now 2 weeks since Baraclough was sacked with no real sign that we will hear news any time soon. It took from Wednesday to the following Monday for the board to even meet to decide the way forward. It just all seems a bit slow.

I know that in business these appointments can take time for a number of reasons, but they say that in football a week is a long time so it would seem that maybe what is an acceptable timescale in business may not be in football.

Maybe I am just getting frustrated by the lack of news but there does seem to be me to be a slight lack of urgency both this time and the last time.

this is exactly why Motherwell cant win - they want to make the best appointment - that takes time. Liverpool without a doubt had their targets sounded out even before Rogers was sacked. Just because the club are keeping their cards close to their chest and not making announcements every day does not mean that the people behind the scenes are not working hard to get a replacement in. Many people who fancied the Motherwell job, may have then seen McNamara go and decide that they would rather manage Utd than ourselves. Everything these guys do is with the clubs best interests at heart - rightly or wrongly, we just have to bide our time and be patient............and try to get this post to 100 pages before the manager is appointed!!

Anyone think that Stubbs could be in the frame? He was close to getting job when McCall was appointed and is not guaranteed to get to SPFL with Hibs. Has experience of bringing through youth with Everton too

I would think he is on more money at Hibs than he would be with us. Although Hibs are in the Championship - without a doubt they are a bigger club than us. Better facilities and more money on offer to attract players. I would expect to see them back in the Premiership very soon