Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

I dont get the love in for simo, good player who did a job for us in the 90s but what has he done in management?

Is winning the Finnish league with a team with a massive budget compared to the other teams a better achievement than winning the Irish league with sligo rovers?

In my opinion no its not and at this stage it's too much of a gamble and not what we need right now. Simo may go on to be a great manager and we may miss our one opportunity to get him but I'd be willing to take that chance at the moment.

Anyway Finnish managers remind me of tractors on the pitch for some reason and greig miller....

The balance was tipping for me wether i'd be back at Fir Park in the near future, with Christmas coming up and saving for a divorce, but this decision, if true, to appoint Mark feckin McGhee has pushed me over the edge. I'll still look out for the results, but as far as giving any more money to a club that's going backwards instead of forwards, no more I'm afraid. Can you get a refund on Well Society investments at all?

Welldaft Mk1 was probably at the same meeting I was at in Edinburgh.

Nothing wrong in moving for a higher offer - it depends on how you do it. Comments in the press at the time were misleading and led to mass outrage amongst our fans. The version that I heard from a former club official was somewhat different, in fact very different.

Well, former club official works both ways here... Because he was a former club official that makes it fact? Not be the first time position at our club was used to suit an agenda. Secondly, if he's a former official, why not offer us a full version of events as it'd be of no sensitive nature given he was a former employee some years ago?

Think McGhee makes sense and would be happy with that appointment.

I'm sure he was in charge when our GM started with the club, so their will be familiarity there. Also, Craggs, Leitch, Lasley and Hammell all know him and his ways.

Good experienced manager that plays positive football and ensures a level of fitness is exactly what we need.

Don't hold much of a grudge over way he left.

Don't feel much either way about McGhee. Did a good job, brilliant for a wee while infact, whored himself about, suckered up to Celtic in the press as hard as he could, and then left.

I'd rather we moved forward rather than having someone back, but I'm a bit fed up with Motherwell at the moment anyway. Crap football, ongoing financial issues, lack of any coherence on or off the pitch and such have just ground me down.

I'll take whoever can make watching us fucking fun again.

• Like 1

Welldaft Mk1 was probably at the same meeting I was at in Edinburgh.

Nothing wrong in moving for a higher offer - it depends on how you do it. Comments in the press at the time were misleading and led to mass outrage amongst our fans. The version that I heard from a former club official was somewhat different, in fact very different.

May be the case,I dont know the full details but I did know Simo at the time and he never came across as a sneak or dirty bastard. Indeed,speaking to him after his last game (2-0 v Rangers?) outside Fir Park he was near in tears at the ovation he got when he was subbed off wi a couple mins to go.

McGhee will sell his soul to the highest bidder, however, his appointment would hopefully see us playing entertaining football again. The stuff we have been watching over the last few months has been akin to watching paint dry on the home dressing room wall. Personally, I would have chosen an experienced manager who had no links with the club, however, if it is McGhee then so be it.

Well, former club official works both ways here... Because he was a former club official that makes it fact? Not be the first time position at our club was used to suit an agenda.

When it comes to the crunch I tend to believe a senior club official who was directly involved rather than reports published in red tops based on comments from agents. But, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Don't feel much either way about McGhee. Did a good job, brilliant for a wee while infact, whored himself about, suckered up to Celtic in the press as hard as he could, and then left.

I'd rather we moved forward rather than having someone back, but I'm a bit fed up with Motherwell at the moment anyway. Crap football, ongoing financial issues, lack of any coherence on or off the pitch and such have just ground me down.

I'll take whoever can make watching us fucking fun again.

This is my opinion also.

• Like 2

Is winning the Finnish league with a team with a massive budget compared to the other teams a better achievement than winning the Irish league with sligo rovers?

Probably not, but even with a massive budget you still have to buy the right players... something which certain managers at our club haven't had the best record of doing when they've had an (albeit smaller) amount of cash to splash.

It wouldn't matter who we got fans would still have a moan. I think McGhee will be a good appointment. Yes he made mistakes in the past but his handling of Phil O'Donnell situation was incredible and is forgotten by a lot of folk. For anyone who thinks McGhee is poor you should try being in my shoes...I remeber when we had Roger Hynd!!! Jeezzzz

COYW!!!!!

• Like 2