Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

When it comes to the crunch I tend to believe a senior club official who was directly involved rather than reports published in red tops based on comments from agents. But, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Typical. Hope you don't get skelves in yer ass sitting on that fence.

Why did we even bother flying out to speak to Valakari? Surely we didn't expect him to jump ship so close to the end of their season.

We didn't perhaps

Did we actually go and speak to him though or was it just a rumour on this board and didn't actually happen? I'd prefer Valakari myself.

Did anyone actually go to Finland? Where did the story come from?

Happy to be proven wrong but I would wager Simo Valakari was never really a credible contender.

We didn't

Mark McGhee has arrived at Fir Park along with @MotherwellFC general manager Alan Burrows. McGhee says deal is not finalised yet to be boss.

Probably hoping Celtic will come in for him at the last minute.

• Like 1

The people that made the Barraclough appointment tried to be clever and got burnt by it, this time they have played it safe and went with a completely known quantity.

It's not the most inspiring appointment but it is an upgrade. We're miles away from being good at the moment and the aim for the season has to be 10th, if McGhee can deliver that then he'll have been a success.

We have been a shambles on the playing side since summer 2013 and it's going to take a long time to sort out.

• Like 1