Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Yep we've got a team of really hard working players who are receptive to new ideas!!

Don't disagree with the point your sarcasm is making....but what do you want then, a manager with no ideas just in case the players don't listen?

He's the 2nd worst Aberdeen manager of all time.

He beat the likes of Roy Aitken, Steve Paterson, Jimmy Calderwood and Ebbe Skovdahl to that honour.

To be fair Jimmy Calderwoodstain led Aberdeen to the last 32 of European competition for the first time since 1986. So I would say he was the best of a bad lot.

Mixed feelings.

McGhee got us playing the most attractive football I've ever seen in 23 years as a Motherwell fan. He was also an asset to the club throughout the Phil O'Donnell tragedy. The way he touted himself to other clubs left a particularly sour taste in my mouth, and I'm pretty sure in his first interview as Aberdeen manager he said something along the lines of ''Sadly, I didn't get the Celtic job'', ridiculously unprofessional.

However, there is no loyalty in football, and if he give our players a kick up the arse and gets us up the table, I'll not be complaining. Very much on the fence at the moment.

Let's hope more than me decides to live with it by refusing to put money into the club in the future then, eh? An already dwindling support which will dwindle further after this appointment hopefully.

Hopefully? Horrendous chat.

If the straw poll on here is representative of the wider support then the vast majority won't be following you in stopping putting money into the club.

You'll let us know when you start buying stuff again yeah? Cool.

• Like 1

Don't disagree with the point your sarcasm is making....but what do you want then, a manager with no ideas just in case the players don't listen?

I'd have liked a manager who could build a team, and believes that Motherwell is something other than a stopgap till something better comes along, if McGhee is successful then he will be linked again to Celtic if he flops then no one will bother bar the folk on here. And we'll be back looking for a new manager next year

I've been highly critical of MFC since the departure of Leanne Dempster in their wisdom of choices. Most IMO at the time were wrong and led us to where we are.

However, Lessons will have been learned.

Delighted with this appointment. Welcome back Mark McGhee.

Overall I'm pleased with this appointment. In our current situation we need an experienced man with a knowledge of Scottish football at the helm and MM fits the bill. For those who like a combative aggressive midfield then MM is your man based on previous comments during his first stint with us. His appointment won't please everyone but going by the site's poll so far just over three quarters of our fans are satisfied with it.

• Like 1

Exactly the appointment we needed! An experienced head who knows the place, knows the league and a number of the current players and staff. Steady the ship and over the 18months of his contract whilst tutoring Craggs (who I assume will be no2?) to take over when he leaves.

Don't understand some of the apoplectic rage from some on here. He had us playing the best football I've witnessed at Fir Park, led us through some terrible times off the pitch and immeasurably improved some absolute no hopers from the season before.

• Like 1

Don't understand some of the apoplectic rage from some on here.

It's the "I thought she really liked me but she didn't even text the next day" brigade.

I'm not looking for Mark McGhee to be Motherwell manager in 5 years. Im looking for Motherwell to get out of this mess now.

Long-term thinking is generally the way to go, but right now we need a quick fix before we start worrying about the future, otherwise we might not even have one.

• Like 1

Terrible appointment, the man hawked himself to every other club he could, then left us with a team in tatters and failed at Aberdeen big style, if he's the best applicant then god help us. When's the McGhee Out thread starting

Really? I remember him turning down a job at a much bigger club and staying at Motherwell for a 2nd season when he could have been offski. Was that not a degree of loyalty?

As for the "tatters" what he actually left was a club with more cash in the bank that we'll probably ever have again.

That was a pretty terrible press conference.

I stopped listening to Barraclough long ago and I don't think I'll even start listening to McGhee!

Horses for courses. I watched through it and my feeling was one of great positivity.

To be fair though, I'm convinced if someone gave you a bag with a million quid in it, you'd complain about it being too heavy.

• Like 4

Accounting for my obvious dislike of McGhee, I was still disappointed by the tone of the press conference. In addition, Motherwell should have ensured there were no questions about his 2nd job.

My interest in Motherwell will now be restrained to the 90 mins on the park.

Suspect Robinson is on his way out after guiding his country to he Euro's while we bring in someone who contributed to an 'embarrassing' failure for Scotland.

I'm pleased we have a "new" man in place.

I think he's got an appetite back for club football and if it means he does so outstandingly well that Ambramovic is sniffing round him then frankly I'll be f#cking delighted.

Why not want an ambitious manager? But I think he has been round the block and will be more likely to think twice before leaping into the first job that comes along(apart from us of course!)

Not sure what our doom and gloom posters were looking for. And don't get me started on this p#sh "I'll not be going back this season if he's in charge"

I'm a Motherwell supporter, I go to watch us, good or bad , week in week out, season in - season out. All this guff about giving it a miss because of some spurious dislike of some aspect of the team/ manager/ owner/ temperature of the bovril/ quality of kit- does my tits in.

Voice your opinion by all means, but go and support your team please.

Apparently there's a game on Saturday too,which is nice...

Come On Ye 'Well !

• Like 7