Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

So basically you are saying you want Motherwell Football Club to crash and burn out of existence, because you don't like the way things are at the moment?

No, I want the finances and crowd levels to reach a point where the owners have to actually listen and take on board what the fans believe. I listed my reasons for my thinking, and if you disagree on the players, the new manager and how Les has approached promoting the Well Society then that's fair enough. I simply don't like how business is being conducted at the moment.

The vibe I get from Mr Hutchison is that a dwindling support would just cause him to declare the business unsustainable and walk away before his five years are up, rather than being taken as a sign that he needs to do anything radically differently.

Possible. If he does then there's nothing can be done about it.

It's also worth pointing out that I'm only speaking for myself. It may very well be the case that the vast majority love McGhee, love the players, love the owner and everything turns out rosy.

No, I want the finances and crowd levels to reach a point where the owners have to actually listen and take on board what the fans believe. I listed my reasons for my thinking, and if you disagree on the players, the new manager and how Les has approached promoting the Well Society then that's fair enough. I simply don't like how business is being conducted at the moment.

Been digesting this overnight and now the decision has been made by the club, no matter our feelings we have to get behind Mutley and hope he can turn this season around.

If we start seeing players actually giving a toss over the next few weeks we may finish towards the top 6, however if they down tools again what do we do?

Some of them are on long contracts so we can't release them without costing the club and with that attitude we won't be able to sell them either.

One thing that seems to have got the teams performing over the last few years was the togetherness off the squad, not the in-fighting w're hearing about.

Good luck Mutley, you're gonna need it, both in the dressing room and on matchday.

Of course David like any other fan ur entitled to ur opinion and airing it . However my opinion is that ur views are utterly breathtaking. Your negativity is incredible . Am very grateful les came in at a difficult period in the clubs history and am happy to go with his plans and that includes the well society . Having spoke to various fans from Morton Dunfermline and believe it or not airdrie they would bit ur hand off to get someone like him in . It's easy to criticise but what is your option if u don't like this one . We got lucky with Les and time some people realised that . So come on get ur glass half full for a change .

Been digesting this overnight and now the decision has been made by the club, no matter our feelings we have to get behind Mutley and hope he can turn this season around.

If we start seeing players actually giving a toss over the next few weeks we may finish towards the top 6, however if they down tools again what do we do?

Some of them are on long contracts so we can't release them without costing the club and with that attitude we won't be able to sell them either.

One thing that seems to have got the teams performing over the last few years was the togetherness off the squad, not the in-fighting w're hearing about.

Good luck Mutley, you're gonna need it, both in the dressing room and on matchday.

See this chat about divisions and players not giving a fuck, lack of togetherness and in-fighting, is there actually any basis for this? Or is it 2+2ery?

FFS give the guy David a break!

Anyway, for whatever it's worth, McGoo is the safe hands we needed. Someone who will have instant respect and will kick arse when needed. A proportion of current players will be found out in due course and moved on at the earliest.

Funny though, for all the talk about the new way at FP. Diets, conditioning, monitoring players and technology. Improvement didn't appear on the playing side. What happened and where are they all?

As McGhee said no magic wand. A stop watch, a note book and hard graft will be the ultimate solution.

If he replicates Austria preseason we could actually be a no bad team.

Look forward to see if any changes are noticeable on play and systems in the coming month or so!

That much we can agree on, but the man is here to win football matches. Do you think there was anyone out there better qualified, who actually wanted the job? Without knowing all of the candidates, the ones that were most linked were Craigan, Valakari and Dickov. I'd have McGhee over those three every day of the week.

Why so many fans have taken what he did previously to Motherwell so personally, I don't know. He got himself a better job at the end of the day. You may not like how he went about it, I can't say I do, but we've got two experienced players in our squad who previously left our clubs in not so nice circumstances. Funnily enough, when they show they can do us a turn, all seems to be forgiven.

You don't need to like Mark McGhee as a person, but you should be able to realise he has the capabilities to do a very good job for our football club. As for the "heroic achievement" of selling Clarkson & Quinn for £1m four weeks after he quit, do you think the value of the players suddenly shot through the roof by them doing nothing for a few weeks in June? Or was it perhaps something to do with working under Mark McGhee at Motherwell for the previous two years?

I'm fairly content with him coming in. The other options weren't great and i can see him getting the best out of the older heads in the squad.

I'm just a bit annoyed that we are supposed to swallow a nonsense story that either he and/or Burrows dreamed up as a PR exercise. He left to go to Aberdeen, they are a bigger club, he has a connection with them, it was more money. Thats' fair enough. We don't need to be told it was a heroic act of self sacrifice and we should all laud him for it though.

I don't doubt that he improved Clarkson, Quinn and others but the issue here is a claim that he personally brokered the sales and was responsible for the fees coming in. It's PR bullshit and it's insulting that the club are still trying to manipulate the fans in this way whilst wanting more money for the society.

Of course David like any other fan ur entitled to ur opinion and airing it . However my opinion is that ur views are utterly breathtaking. Your negativity is incredible . Am very grateful les came in at a difficult period in the clubs history and am happy to go with his plans and that includes the well society . Having spoke to various fans from Morton Dunfermline and believe it or not airdrie they would bit ur hand off to get someone like him in . It's easy to criticise but what is your option if u don't like this one . We got lucky with Les and time some people realised that . So come on get ur glass half full for a change .

That's a tad unfair I think, as I'm usually one of the more positive posters on the forum.

As I said, I've stated how I feel at the moment. I could have said nothing, but figured I'd be honest.

Will my feelings soften over time? Maybe. I actually think the opposite of what a lot of people are saying, where they believe that a level of success would see me change my thinking. If we were to actually continue as we are and crowds do dwindle mainly through indifference I'd likely find it tougher to keep away than I would if we were being successful.

Fuck knows, I'm jaded to be honest, with the whole thing. The managerial situation has just been the straw I reckon.

We got lucky with Les? Time will tell but far from convinced.

We got lucky with Les? Time will tell but far from convinced.

A genuine question here but where do you think we would be without Les? I know that a number of guys were approached to put in place loans secured against the stand to allow us to survive in the short term. Les took that away and has given us breathing space. I don't quite understand the criticism he gets.

• Like 2

That's a tad unfair I think, as I'm usually one of the more positive posters on the forum.

As I said, I've stated how I feel at the moment. I could have said nothing, but figured I'd be honest.

Will my feelings soften over time? Maybe. I actually think the opposite of what a lot of people are saying, where they believe that a level of success would see me change my thinking. If we were to actually continue as we are and crowds do dwindle mainly through indifference I'd likely find it tougher to keep away than I would if we were being successful.

Fuck knows, I'm jaded to be honest, with the whole thing. The managerial situation has just been the straw I reckon.

The Motherwell Board have been winging it the last 2-3 seasons because they were also out their depth. However, they've realised this is a pivotal moment and went for stability. I'll applaud them for that!

Whatever went on before with McGhee didn't matter as they know what he brings to the position and right now, it's needed.

New start for everyone here, the slates clean and we all move together.

Go back and enjoy the footie.

we currently have a playing squad that was instrumental in the removal of the previous manager (be he considered the correct appointment or not) by downing tools. I've watched shite Motherwell sides in the past, and this current lot weren't shite, they simply weren't trying. There were, in my opinion, influential players in that dressing room who performed well below their capabilities in order to see the removal of a manager they didn't like.

Of course only the management and players can say whether your view holds any water. Our poor performances may just have been down to the managers tactics and team selection/formation and nothing to do with players allegedly downing tools. Baraclough, seemed liked a really nice guy, however, his tactics and team selection were in my opinion at times baffling.

Yep, cos , we are playing to sell out crowds , every week

Give McGhee a chance, out of all the candidates he seemed the logical choice ....,,he might even do ok

Of course only the management and players can say whether your view holds any water. Our poor performances may just have been down to the managers tactics and team selection/formation and nothing to do with players allegedly downing tools. Baraclough, seemed liked a really nice guy, however, his tactics and team selection were in my opinion at times baffling.

I'm only going on my own opinion from what I've seen on the park. As I said, I've seen Motherwell sides in the past who were simply poor, but certain players in the current squad appeared to me as though they weren't putting in the effort.

• Like 1

:lol: Fucking hell "David" you're actually shaking with rage. You need to see someone about it.

Nah, I'm not really. I'd say more pissed off than anything else. The day something football-related actually causes me to break into a rage is the day I stop following the game for good.

A genuine question here but where do you think we would be without Les? I know that a number of guys were approached to put in place loans secured against the stand to allow us to survive in the short term. Les took that away and has given us breathing space. I don't quite understand the criticism he gets.

We don't know who would be in control of the club as everything was bound to secrecy. Would John Boyle have sold the club to a South American consortium? Would a local businessman have came to our rescue hours before administration?

Under the new regime, it looks like we are racking up debt to LH that the club, society and fans will be paying back for years to come. Now that is fair enough if we reap the rewards from LH investment in a new infrastructure. From the outside however, it looks like funds will be required to pay back investment in an over-inflated staff that is seemingly prone to a high turnover in the 1st year.

The project is a 5 year one but the 1st year has not been good with threats from the owner pulling the plug and the WS making minimal progress. A lot has to change if we are going to become a self-sustainable club.

• Like 1

David, serious question, will, say 6 wins from the next ten games help?

See, I don't think we did get lucky. There's a whole lot about this set-up that doesn't add up to me.

I actually agree with that.