Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Touched as i am by Mark's recommendation i'm holding out for the Man Citeh job when they get pumped out the Champions League before Christmas so i'll officially withdraw from the process.

As I said in another thread there are many, many more men looking to manage football teams than there are ever going to be vacancies so the candidates will come to us. The hard part is picking the right man and avoiding the pitfall we fell into in with Barraclough of choosing the man who the board and chief executive feel most comfortable rather than the person most likely to sort out the dressing room and put a winning team on the park.

• Like 2

Said it a few times, but Mark McGhee is my pick of the bunch. Anyone who can make a player out of Jim Paterson & Steven McGarry and make David Clarkson so good that an English club would spend £650,000 on him is alright in my books!

Mark McGhee fully focussed and a point to prove in August 2007 was a totally different prospect from a year later when he had family commitments in Glasgow and was planning his next move.

McGhee is as big a gamble as anyone.

Mixu or Pressley i'd be reasonably happy with. Billy Davies will be touted and some of the other usual suspects.

I really don't want Craigan, if he's in charge we'll be waiting for another 17 years before any wins at Ibrox, he's straight out the McCall school of bumming up the "terrifying" atmosphere at ibrox /parkhead (as he stated pre-match of the first play off game) He's also too pally with the players, although financially he would suit the board/society/whatever we have?

as long as we avoid / Williamson/ Jeffries/Calderwood etc etc etc

Touched as i am by Mark's recommendation i'm holding out for the Man Citeh job when they get pumped out the Champions League before Christmas so i'll officially withdraw from the process.

As I said in another thread there are many, many more men looking to manage football teams than there are ever going to be vacancies so the candidates will come to us. The hard part is picking the right man and avoiding the pitfall we fell into in with Barraclough of choosing the man who the board and chief executive feel most comfortable rather than the person most likely to sort out the dressing room and put a winning team on the park.

Imposter!!