Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Depends what sort of budget we've got. In honesty I wasn't particularly taken with any of the shortlisted names last time round. I had kind of put that down the fact the club seemed caught out with our slide and McCall walking last season. I wonder if this time round they've had a few names in contingency in case it didn't work out with Bara.

Would be pleased if we could avoid the likes of Calderwood, Houston, Shiels and that sort. Similarly though I think we need to knock the more left field appointments (Gannon, Baraclough) on the head for the time being.

So you don't want any of the usual suspects but you don't want a left field appointment either? Who does that leave...?

I'd rather give someone who's new to the managerial game an opportunity than go down the road of hiring someone who's likely been sacked before just because they have experience.

If Crags comes in and does a good job then he should be in with a shout of getting the job full-time.

For me, now's not the time to gamble on a newby.

Would love ot if we pulled out an absolute belter of an appointment. If Huchinson backed Bara in the tranfer market he can surely get us out of this mess by stumping up the cash for someone of decent stature. At least until the end of the season.

So you don't want any of the usual suspects but you don't want a left field appointment either? Who does that leave...?

Ha! I realise that was probably leaving me with a bit of a limited pool of candidates.

As much as his time with Scotland damaged his reputation I wouldn't be against someone like Burley if he was an option at least until the end of the season. I think it has to be someone with a decent amount of experience but I'd prefer to avoid the usual suspects, if that makes sense.

As I say though, I guess it all depends on budget that's available, so I'm just speculating. Nigel Clough's out a job and has a decent enough record but would imagine he's outwith what we could afford.

We need someone with a track record in team building and youth development.

The whole "contacts in League 2" is a dead end.

We need to produce our own players, not become a dock for the flotsom and jetsom of the English lower leagues.

Organisation, motivation, a game plan. Someone with a bit of an aura. A guy players can respect.

We need to get back to basics and build from there.

• Like 2

We can't afford to punt them till the end of the season so why don't we cut out the middle man and let McManus,Lasley & McDonald pick the team and train them. Let's be honest,the unprofessional cunts have downed tools twice in 11 months for managers they don't like,it won't take much for them to go dolly out the pram again

And for any doubt. I'm not saying we shouldt have binned Baraclough, he was a fraud,badly out of his depth. But I'd have expected a more professiona lapproach from our senior players

We need to produce our own players, not become a dock for the flotsom and jetsom of the English lower leagues.

Organisation, motivation, a game plan. Someone with a bit of an aura. A guy players can respect.

+1 from me as well, we need somebody who won't take any shite from the overpaid Billy big boots players and tell them to start doing what they are well paid for to give their best for the team and start playing or start looking for a new gig.

After watching last nights goals, how about somebody in central defence that can put a tackle or block in .....it's not a complicated game

Mixu

Burley

McGhee

In no particular order of preference, but we should be actively approaching all three aside from whatever applications we receive. All would bring the potential for vast improvement and I believe the club should be sounding out their interest, and listening intently to what each would bring to the table if they were.

Those 3 guys are capable of making the type of difference we need.

• Like 3

Bite all you like. Rated by some, keeping a shite St Mirren team up every season & winning silverware into the bargain.

Apologies. I thought you were fishing for a negative response as per the post earlier suggesting we dont respond positively to any managerial suggestions.

He doesnt float my boat but Ive no idea whether Danny Lennon would be any good.